Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2022, 08:25 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Hayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westborough, Ma
Posts: 1,436
Hurricane Ian

Wishing all in the anticipated highly affected areas of SW Florida and the future path of Ian have taken the best possible actions to ensure their safety.

Many , including us as Full Timers were headed to SW Florida and have made decisions to change course and find a hopefully safe location with proximity to Routes that give options to move if the Storm suddenly changes course .

ALL STAY SAFE !
__________________
Sue & Brian Ashworth & Rizzy( adopted Boxer)
2016 Anthem 44A, 2018 GMC Canyon Denali,
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2022, 04:39 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Venice FL
Posts: 746
Our timing was something less than perfect. We arrived to Punta Gorda area 2 weeks ago. As path kept creeping closer, we made the move over to Jupiter on the east coast. Problem here is fairly constant tornado warnings. My lack of meteorological experience and planning is in full evidence. Hopefully not to much damage in Port Charlotte for your return.
__________________
Tim F.
2022 Anthem D
Hydralift w/ Spyder RT
Tim Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:55 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
hpykmpr47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Wishing all in the anticipated highly affected areas of SW Florida and the future path of Ian have taken the best possible actions to ensure their safety.

Many , including us as Full Timers were headed to SW Florida and have made decisions to change course and find a hopefully safe location with proximity to Routes that give options to move if the Storm suddenly changes course .

ALL STAY SAFE !
Hopefully your campground in Port Charlotte will escape the wrath of Ian and it is good to hear that you have safe harbor in Lawrenceville Ga. We are still in Nova Scotia but watching with much interest what happens with Ian as we will be heading down there in a couple weeks and Bonnie's father is in an assisted living facility in Central Fl. take care and good luck.

u
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westborough, Ma
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpykmpr47 View Post
Hopefully your campground in Port Charlotte will escape the wrath of Ian and it is good to hear that you have safe harbor in Lawrenceville Ga. We are still in Nova Scotia but watching with much interest what happens with Ian as we will be heading down there in a couple weeks and Bonnie's father is in an assisted living facility in Central Fl. take care and good luck.

u
We sold our RV Lot / Casita in May but our boat is at a local Marina in covered rack storage so concerned how it makes out with 100 + mph winds . Obviously no idea when we can arrive at the leased RV lot we're staying on while house is built which thankfully is still in Lot Preparation stage !

Did Fiona cause any damage in your area of Nova Scotia ?
__________________
Sue & Brian Ashworth & Rizzy( adopted Boxer)
2016 Anthem 44A, 2018 GMC Canyon Denali,
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
hpykmpr47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
We sold our RV Lot / Casita in May but our boat is at a local Marina in covered rack storage so concerned how it makes out with 100 + mph winds . Obviously no idea when we can arrive at the leased RV lot we're staying on while house is built which thankfully is still in Lot Preparation stage !

Did Fiona cause any damage in your area of Nova Scotia ?
We did not, just a 15-hour power outage. The damages from Fiona were in Eastern Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, Prince Edward Island and Eastern Newfoundland. it was quite extensive in some of these areas.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 05:06 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
FloridaSon's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Our timing was something less than perfect. We arrived to Punta Gorda area 2 weeks ago. As path kept creeping closer, we made the move over to Jupiter on the east coast. Problem here is fairly constant tornado warnings. My lack of meteorological experience and planning is in full evidence. Hopefully not to much damage in Port Charlotte for your return.
Looks like things will be clearing out quickly for you. All tornado watches are dropped below Vero Beach. All Tropical Storm Warnings have been dropped below Daytona I believe. The sustained winds and gusts on the east coast are dropping. Flood threat is down. Lots of east coast counties are without power however and it may be several days to get back. (This is only for east coast Vero Beach south, it may contain errors, check YOUR weather location at NWS.com for official info)
__________________

2022 Kountry Star 3412
Jeep Wrangler
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
FloridaSon's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 530
Correction: Tropical Storm Warning still up along central/upper east coast Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaSon View Post
Looks like things will be clearing out quickly for you. All tornado watches are dropped below Vero Beach. 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧-
Current Watches and Warnings color coded at post time.
Click image for larger version

Name:	A7CBCCB1-0990-46D3-AAC0-BD46367E405F.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	377592
__________________

2022 Kountry Star 3412
Jeep Wrangler
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 12:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 6,159
Post Ian update from Fort Myers, FL:

Looking out the window (downtown Fort Myers), looks like about half the boats in Old Bridge Marina at the north end of the Edison bridge are sunk.

Can't see the Fort Myers Municipal Marina from here, but they should have faired better, as the highest winds were from their shore/no fetch.

Homes in many areas of Fort Myers had 4+' of water in them from the tide surge. There is a 25' fishing boat washed p on First Street just east of downtown. Fishing is not likely to be too good from there. Lots of palm fronds, lots of flooded cars--that is about it.

The bridge over to Sanibel Island is missing a span of over 100 yards (according to local TV station who had film from that location) so no vehicle access on and off Sanibel or Captiva-- probably for a long time.

The TV station across the street recorded winds over 100 MPH.

It ain't pretty!
__________________
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38FDDS. Ex: 1997 Safari Sahara. Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240
wolfe10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 07:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
LWBAZ's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 2,870
Exellent update Brett - thanks for posting.

A few years ago, Amy & I spent the better part of a week at Gulf Waters RV Resort and had dinner one night at Shucker's on Estero Island.

I'm guessing Shucker's got pounded. Not sure about Gulf Waters, but hopefully they can recover in time for their annual influx of winter visitors.
__________________
Larry & Amy Beckner
Scottsdale, AZ
2022 Newmar Super Star 4061
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 05:34 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 28,998
Hi Brian, hope I can stay connected.
It is a mess down here. Not so much the debris, but there are no services. No power, water, sewer, internet, WINK TV is under water. VERY limited cell service.
They are saying in Cape Coral that it may be months before all services can be restored
Biggest threat is they are saying the power grid needs to be rebuilt. I hope they can work around that while it is being done
If not, we'll load up the MH and leave the area. We'll give it a week and see what is going to be accomplished
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:58 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Hayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westborough, Ma
Posts: 1,436
Chuck, Keep us posted as you're able either on the forum , text or email , Thanks ! Glad you're both SAFE !
__________________
Sue & Brian Ashworth & Rizzy( adopted Boxer)
2016 Anthem 44A, 2018 GMC Canyon Denali,
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:09 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
777 Driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,482
I'll admit to being optimistic by nature.

The views of the devastation around Fort Myers are heartbreaking, for sure. I did take some joy in seeing a posting on Facebook that one of our favorite downtown Fort Myers restaurants, Bruno's of Brooklyn (https://www.facebook.com/brunosbrooklyn) started serving free pasta and water to anyone in need by mid-day yesterday. Bruno's is less than 1/2 mile from the south bank of the Caloosahatchee River. They're open, again today, with the same free food offer.

Prayers for a speedy recovery for others who may have been less fortunate.

Take care,
Stu
__________________
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned."
2018 Anthem 42DEQ
777 Driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:07 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Hayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Westborough, Ma
Posts: 1,436
We took Safe Harbor at NIRVC , Lawrenceville ( THANK YOU , Brett Davis and Todd Springs ) as our destination to Port Charlottes El Jobean area was heavily damaged . We still are unable to contact Harbor Lakes our rental site , Gulf Coast Marine to check on our boat or El Jobean Storage . We realize there is no electricity , sewer or water and lots of debris.
We have found another RV Park location well North of Port Charlotte for the month of October and will travel there tomorrow and just wait and see if we can get to Port Charlotte for November . If not ?? We'll have a house on wheels in search of where to park !

We still cannot reach many of our friends in the area and only hope they are safe ! Our hearts go out to all of those who have lost so much !!
__________________
Sue & Brian Ashworth & Rizzy( adopted Boxer)
2016 Anthem 44A, 2018 GMC Canyon Denali,
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 04:47 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
hpykmpr47's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
We took Safe Harbor at NIRVC , Lawrenceville ( THANK YOU , Brett Davis and Todd Springs ) as our destination to Port Charlottes El Jobean area was heavily damaged . We still are unable to contact Harbor Lakes our rental site , Gulf Coast Marine to check on our boat or El Jobean Storage . We realize there is no electricity , sewer or water and lots of debris.
We have found another RV Park location well North of Port Charlotte for the month of October and will travel there tomorrow and just wait and see if we can get to Port Charlotte for November . If not ?? We'll have a house on wheels in search of where to park !

We still cannot reach many of our friends in the area and only hope they are safe ! Our hearts go out to all of those who have lost so much !!
Have a safe journey and we will be keeping you both in our prayers and hope that you will find that you have some resemblance left of what was there when you departed. It sure does not look good from the info that we get from that area. Stay safe and we will be in contact.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hurricane



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IAN got us but we're OK brobox Entegra Owner's Forum 111 11-05-2022 11:27 AM
Fulltime wintering in FL - subsequent to hurricane Ian - Your thougths swduns Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 43 10-17-2022 01:49 PM
NIRVC Offers Safe Harbor From Hurricane Ian BrettDavis Entegra Owner's Forum 11 09-29-2022 02:52 AM
NIRVC Offers Safe Harbor From Hurricane Ian BrettDavis Newmar Owner's Forum 18 09-29-2022 02:51 AM
Ian..New Member ihbond New Member Check-In 0 11-17-2009 11:13 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.