Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 09:02 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Hurricane Insurance Increase

I just received my Insurance renewal from Good Sam's, National General with an increase. Called to check what I already thought......yep, policy increase due to Hurricane Irma claims. Those of us in Harvey and Irma's path, looks like we are getting another increase. If anybody's insurance in a hurricane zone drops, please post the carrier.

Love it when those that live in Wyoming post about their $800. a year policies.
I'll bet out heat bills are lower.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #2

What I noticed w/ National General was that the MH insurance was competitive but I couldn't touch their rate on our vehicles, even with Crash Pam always having at least two fender benders on her 3 year record. I just traded her Suburban for a somewhat smaller Buick Enclave. Less power and she can see over the steering wheel rather than through it. Hope it helps.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 01:19 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
that is just for the motorhome correct?

our house policy has not gone up, nor the bus yet. but renewal is in april. should be getting notices soon.
will keep a sharp eye out. we use texas farm bureau, since 2011
did get a small increase last year due to large amount of folks claiming wildlife encounters
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I just received my Insurance renewal from Good Sam's, National General with an increase. Called to check what I already thought......yep, policy increase due to Hurricane Irma claims. Those of us in Harvey and Irma's path, looks like we are getting another increase. If anybody's insurance in a hurricane zone drops, please post the carrier.

Love it when those that live in Wyoming post about their $800. a year policies.
I'll bet out heat bills are lower.
__________________________________________________ ______________

I’ve found that getting quotes through a local Insurance agent works the best. I’m only having to deal with one individual and yet I end up with serveral quotes and a lot of options.

After getting my quotes last month I ended up with Auto Owners Insurance. Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Our policy with Good Sam, National General Assurance company actually went down just a little bit for 2018. 2017 premium was $3,574 (Motorhome plus 3 cars); 2018 is $3,413. We have had no claims other than one rock chip repair, and no tickets for years and years .... Still lots of $$$ - but it could be worse.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKat View Post
__________________________________________________ ______________

I’ve found that getting quotes through a local Insurance agent works the best. I’m only having to deal with one individual and yet I end up with serveral quotes and a lot of options.

After getting my quotes last month I ended up with Auto Owners Insurance. Al
Al, my Independent agent that handles my house, commercial property, autos, flood insurance and umbrella policy all with different companies could not get full replacement coverage at the same price as GS. He could matched it, but no full replacement. I shopped them all while I was waiting for delivery. Several wouldn't even insure in my zip code. My increase was not enough to make me cancel and loose full replacement coverage.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Our Allied (Nationwide) policy with Florida domicile and replacement cost coverage just came in with a huge increase. My independent agent said “Florida/hurricanes”. She worked hard to improve on it for this year but the only way to make a big dent in the bill was to give up the replacement cost coverage, and I’m not ready to do that.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:26 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Nationwide did the same thing after Charlie. I had friends that Nationwide canceled their policy after Charlie. Your zip code got hit harder than mine, I'll bet Nationwide did hit hard on the renewals. Sorry to hear that.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Al, my Independent agent that handles my house, commercial property, autos, flood insurance and umbrella policy all with different companies could not get full replacement coverage at the same price as GS. He could matched it, but no full replacement. I shopped them all while I was waiting for delivery. Several wouldn't even insure in my zip code. My increase was not enough to make me cancel and loose full replacement coverage.
I jumped to progressive in Sept when I bought the Jeep, so I am good for this year.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:16 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I just switch from full time to part time and National General wanted a $300 increase so I dropped them. I went through my Farmers agent, their subsidiary is Foremost Insurance that does RVS. $2690 for 500/500, I also carry a umbrella policy with them
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Since our official address is our God Sam mail forwarding address in Crestview, FL, (we're full timers) I guess I may see a hike next Nov when I renew. I didn't see an increase this past Nov for our 2015 Anthem.
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane, insurance