Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2018, 04:59 AM   #1

Hurricane Michael

Good Morning, I wanted to post an alert for our members who may have an interest in Gulf Coast weather.

Check your latest weather source for updates on Hurricane Michael, which is anticipated to make landfall on the Gulf Coast around 1PM Wednesday.

Be safe everyone,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2018, 06:33 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We watch these like a hawk and still prepare. Charlie was on basically the same path, but with a 45 minute warning it turned 90 degrees east and hit us head on. No time to evacuate, just had to ride it out. The aftermath is the worst part, I'll never be without a MH while living in FL. At least there is power, food and hot water, all portable.

Those in the Panhandle, God speed and have everything you think you will need. Once it hits, supplies cannot get in, no power and more people need it than what is available. Anyone in the cone should be gone by now. Irma was a Cat 3 and we are still recovering a year later, they are nothing to mess with.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:53 AM   #3

we are staying( my wife refuses to leave) we have a 160mph rated building with the motorhome inside it hoping for the best. I am at work today...people come out of the wood work with emergencies at the last min.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:03 AM   #4

Some people move away from hurricanes, and some people move toward hurricanes. On this one, it appears that Louisiana is far enough away at this point that we are not in trouble and therefore, we will stay in the NorthEast (Canada today for a short visit). If it was heading more toward Louisiana, I would be pulling up stakes and heading back home. Would not want to saddle my neighbors with taking care of my property while I am away. The S&B is far enough inland to not worry too much about major damage, but a week without power and tree messes are certainly in the realm of possibility.

But this time, our best wishes to everyone in Michael's path. We hope that it runs out of gas and turns into nothing more than a tropical breeze before it gets to you..... Fingers are crossed, but be smart.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:34 AM   #5

Tom and all others in the path of what could be a very damaging storm be as safe as possible and let us all know how you make out. Our prayers are with all of you. Good Luck !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:16 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
We got back to Bella Terra in Gulf Shores, AL last Saturday ... just in time for Michael. Looks like it is going to go east of us now .... so that is a good thing.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We got back to Bella Terra in Gulf Shores, AL last Saturday ... just in time for Michael. Looks like it is going to go east of us now .... so that is a good thing.
Stay safe guys.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I geographicly disagree....much further west would be a old thing lol. As Burt Reynolds said in the best movie ever(Smokey and the bandit)... your perspective depends on what part of this country you are from(or something like that)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I geographicly disagree....much further west would be a old thing lol. As Burt Reynolds said in the best movie ever(Smokey and the bandit)... your perspective depends on what part of this country you are from(or something like that)
Yep ... depends upon where you are .... stay safe ... I've put the coach on both air (HWH) and jacks and it seems pretty stable. So, we will see how it does in the wind tonight. We are tired of moving, so we are going to sit still through this one.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:35 PM   #10

We are at MacDill AFB, in Tampa, probably 3-4 ft above sea level. No evacuation so far and don't expect any if it stays on projected course.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #11

Isn't is amazing how well they can predict these things? When I was a kid, the falling barometer and ships at sea radioing in weather conditions were our only forecast. Did you know the first satellite to photograph a hurricane was a fluke. When the pictures came back, the ground crew thought the cameras had malfunctioned. Remember, no one had ever seen a hurricane from above before. It was 1961, when a Tiros Satellite took hours to transmit a single picture. No one knew Hurricane Esther, a category 4 storm was even out there.

Side Note: My Dad worked on the building of the radios used in that satelliet. I remember him coming home all excited and telling us boys...."This is your future!"
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:43 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Isn't is amazing how well they can predict these things? When I was a kid, the falling barometer and ships at sea radioing in weather conditions were our only forecast.
Yes it is amazing. I remember, growing up in Satellite Beach, Florida ... that my dad would have this huge "hurricane tracking map" on the table and then would wait for the radio to give us coordinates that he would plot on there. I also remember hunkering down under the kitchen table during one that we stayed for ... not fun!
Old 10-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #13

We were near Helen, GA up until yesterday morning but decided that we needed more space away from Michael so we moved to Crossville, TN . We are still supposed to get some rain tonight but not too much wind. Stay safe everyone. ....Alan.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Please stay safe everyone. And Bigd9, that's a great story. I will have to share that one if you don't mind!

Tags
hurricane