Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2020, 06:38 PM   #1

HWH Active Air

I have read multiple articles on HWH Active Air about how you can level without using the Jacks (nice) and stability during emergency lane changes. (also nice) For those who have the Active Air, I have specific questions as I would really love to have this installed. The side to side roll or whip while cornering or going across a parking lot where the coach is rocking side to side is aggravating.

1. While traveling down the road, does Active Air adjust for side to side roll? Meaning is it easier to move about the coach without having to grab onto walls?

2. I’ve been on several roads where there are several curves while traveling 45-55 mph. Will Active Air eliminate the back and forth roll?

3. Turns- Turning at a traffic light will Active Air eliminate the roll during the turn?

4. Turning up a small dip or traveling across a parking lot. Will Active Air eliminate the side to side roll.

Any input from those who have Active Air is greatly appreciated.

Also. Any know problems with the aftermarket installation?

Thank you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2020, 06:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
I have read multiple articles on HWH Active Air about how you can level without using the Jacks (nice) and stability during emergency lane changes. (also nice) For those who have the Active Air, I have specific questions as I would really love to have this installed. The side to side roll or whip while cornering or going across a parking lot where the coach is rocking side to side is aggravating.

1. While traveling down the road, does Active Air adjust for side to side roll? Meaning is it easier to move about the coach without having to grab onto walls?

2. I’ve been on several roads where there are several curves while traveling 45-55 mph. Will Active Air eliminate the back and forth roll?

3. Turns- Turning at a traffic light will Active Air eliminate the roll during the turn?

4. Turning up a small dip or traveling across a parking lot. Will Active Air eliminate the side to side roll.

Any input from those who have Active Air is greatly appreciated.

Also. Any know problems with the aftermarket installation?

Thank you
Will it eliminate any of those conditions? No. Will it help greatly with them? A big yes!
My system was installed in April of 2019 and I have no issues whatsoever.
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 07:28 PM   #3

We're wanting to have it put on ours as well. I've only heard good thing about active air.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:42 AM   #4

Yes it does improve everything, couple that wit Koni front shocks, and you have a great handling ride. Mine was installed in September 2018
rrk8091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:57 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Here are several post from those that have had HWH installed and their experiences. One has a complete photo post of the installation. Quite a list of satisfied people with a lot of answers to your questions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #6

A friend and I travel a lot together. He has 2019 Cornerstone. My IH45 has outside mounted air bags and Active Air. He says he can not even stay with me when the freeways or side roads do sharp turns.

Sometimes he complains about the cross winds and I do not feel them. The only winds I have felt is when I was headed into a 20+ mph wind that was between cross and head on.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:42 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Active Air is worth the $10 grand it will take to get it installed. My opinion ... but also the opinion of everyone else I know that bit the bullet and had it done. I’m not sure if your passenger can walk around much better when traveling, but where it matters, it really works. I.E. turns, emergency situations, etc. And leveling and staying level with just air is great! I love being able to see exactly where each of my pressures are .. front, drive and tag. Would I do it again, in a heart beat.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 PM   #8

We now have an appointment the second week of December barring any snow storms. Installed then haul tail back to Florida.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutch View Post
We now have an appointment the second week of December barring any snow storms. Installed then haul tail back to Florida.
Enjoy your stay in the building up on the rack! Nothing much to do in the area, so you can easily catch up on any reading you have been putting off! It will be worth it, however.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:07 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I wrote this about HWH, and had it posted in the ECOA newsletter. It's well worth the investment!
Jim
https://entegraowners.com/resources/...Jan%202019.pdf
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
I wrote this about HWH, and had it posted in the ECOA newsletter. It's well worth the investment!
Jim
https://entegraowners.com/resources/...Jan%202019.pdf
Do they remove the Hadley system or they leave them both? No interference between the two? As far as you know is the price the same when there is already the Hadley system in place for them to deal with? Thanks.
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Do they remove the Hadley system or they leave them both? No interference between the two? As far as you know is the price the same when there is already the Hadley system in place for them to deal with? Thanks.

I haven’t heard anyone with Hadley change to HWH. If you are interested, maybe call HWH and talk to them about it. The earlier Anthems didn’t have Hadley ... all Cornerstones did, so maybe someone with a Cornerstone changed, but I haven’t heard of one.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:26 PM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I haven’t heard anyone with Hadley change to HWH. If you are interested, maybe call HWH and talk to them about it. The earlier Anthems didn’t have Hadley ... all Cornerstones did, so maybe someone with a Cornerstone changed, but I haven’t heard of one.
I was asking because in that article the HWH is judged to be much better than the Hadley. May be the difference is not worth a change?
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, hwh