Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Everything I've read says that the towing is not a problem behind the lift with the tow attachment. That's actually are plan if we go that way. I'd just like to here fom someone that has experience with an Entegra.
We used the cruiser lift on our class A with great success, however the overhang on our current class C is too great and the framing not designed to support the weight.

Cruiserlift RV Motorcycle Lift System

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP29971.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	38011

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #16

a little off topic but I noticed one reply talking about the Mighty Hauler lifts. Here is a link to a post I made about my terrible experience with this lift. We almost lost our bike and toad due to their poor manufacturing.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/moto...ml#post1516578
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDB1227 View Post
Sure. Let me have ur pics with detailed description of the problem. I will give to my installer on Monday next week - he will need 3 1/2 days for installation of the Hydralift and modify my Jeep for the Blue Ox.
My lift is a Hydralift made in the UK by E&P lifts and what was originally distributed here in the USA before they started making them here. Its my understanding the most dimensions remained the same with various parts beefed up (like the rams).

What I can't figure is what is wrong that prevents me storing the tray in the vertical position. Drilling some more holes in the tray seems like the solution but before I start doing that, I figured I would first make sure what the issue is.

I've uploaded 6 pix:
HL1 - tray locked in normal horizontal "use" position - no problems.
HL2 - tray manually held in vertical "store" position - lock bracket not connected. Red arrow shows hole used by lock bracket when in normal horizontal position.
HL3 - measure of lock bracket - 12 inches center to center.
HL4 - lock bracket moved onto vertical tray showing miss-aligned holes.
HL2a - combination of HL2 and HL3 - right side (better lighting)
HL4a - same as HL4 - but again right side.

I'm sure I need to explain something further but let me start with this.
Thanks again for any help you can provide.

-mick
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HL1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	38260   Click image for larger version

Name:	HL2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	38261  

Name:	HL3.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	38262   Click image for larger version

Name:	HL4.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	38263  

Name:	HL2a.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	38264   Click image for larger version

Name:	HL4a.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	38265  

gday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to TDB1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
My lift is a Hydralift made in the UK by E&P lifts and what was originally distributed here in the USA before they started making them here. Its my understanding the most dimensions remained the same with various parts beefed up (like the rams).

What I can't figure is what is wrong that prevents me storing the tray in the vertical position. Drilling some more holes in the tray seems like the solution but before I start doing that, I figured I would first make sure what the issue is.

I've uploaded 6 pix:
HL1 - tray locked in normal horizontal "use" position - no problems.
HL2 - tray manually held in vertical "store" position - lock bracket not connected. Red arrow shows hole used by lock bracket when in normal horizontal position.
HL3 - measure of lock bracket - 12 inches center to center.
HL4 - lock bracket moved onto vertical tray showing miss-aligned holes.
HL2a - combination of HL2 and HL3 - right side (better lighting)
HL4a - same as HL4 - but again right side.

I'm sure I need to explain something further but let me start with this.
Thanks again for any help you can provide.

-mick
Mick,

Randy (installer) looked at the pics:

A. There should have been a hole to secure when vertical.

B. Overtime design evolved - mine has different line up for the holes. I will send pics when he completes the installation.

C. No problem drilling a hole - will not affect strength of the frame: provided no lines etc. inside. (shouldn't)

D. Your lift is out of "kilter" - as you can see it's leaning back. When installed the installer didn't observe the 2 degree lean towards the coach. This can easily be compensated by a special Hydralift shim kit, Randy showed me the shim kit needed.

Hope this helps.

Brgds T.
TDB1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
B. Overtime design evolved - mine has different line up for the holes. I will send pics when he completes the installation
That would be excellent.

Quote:
D. Your lift is out of "kilter" - as you can see it's leaning back. When installed the installer didn't observe the 2 degree lean towards the coach.
Not exactly sure what you are seeing in the pics but I suspect it maybe an optical allusion given that the tray was not correctly pinned nor is the MH on level ground.

Again, thanks very much for your help!

-mick
Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #20

Quote:
That would be excellent.

Not exactly sure what you are seeing in the pics but I suspect it maybe an optical allusion given that the tray was not correctly pinned nor is the MH on level ground.

Again, thanks very much for your help!

-mick
Mick,

I don't see anything as I am not a Hydralift expert: one thing that irritates me greatly is people wasting time discussing things they have either not experienced or have no qualifications.

Randy showed to me that the center of my CS was not were the trailer hitch was: in other words I was pulling the toad off center. Also showed me that the trailer hitch frame was shorter on one end over the other and also different hight. Again, after he explained that's why they custom machine their parts for lift installation to compensate for this and assured me that the final set up for lift and towing would be fine I was OK with it. Rather spend my time on things I (still) believe I am good at then trying to become a lift and hitch "expert" at this stage of my life.

Observe if your lift is leaning slightly loaded in operating position - if no: great! If yes - maybe you want to look into that. Not loaded it should have a slight angle towards the coach.

Brgds T.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
I got it. Next time I have the thing setup correctly, I'll take a look at how it sits etc.

-mick
Old 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #22

Quote:
I got it. Next time I have the thing setup correctly, I'll take a look at how it sits etc.

-mick
I get it back on Thursday noon and will leave straight to Minneapolis and Canada. Will take some pics and send to you. PM ur cellphone # as files on my camera too large to Email.

Brgds T.