Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Hydralift Motorcycle Lift and Entegras

Considering a Hydralift or other lift for a Harley Ultra Classic on the tail of my soon to be Anthem. Ask an Entegra engineer any issues with this. He related the following from Entegra and Spartan perspective:

"I have conversed with Spartan on the mounting of the Hydra-lift and they feel there would not be a problem, as long as the Gross Axle Weight Rating and the Gross Combination Weight Rating are not exceeded. They also noted that the mounting and effects on the vehicle structure and stability are responsibility of installer and/or operator."

So any Entegra/Spartan chassis drivers out there carrying a lift and 725 lbs of motorcycle on their tail out there? I'd be interested in your perspectives. Thanks
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
And we'd sure like to hear from someone who is carrying a MC and towing. We have a bike trailer when we want to drag more than one bike along, but being able to take the Ultra and the Jeep would be really nice.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Everything I've read says that the towing is not a problem behind the lift with the tow attachment. That's actually are plan if we go that way. I'd just like to here fom someone that has experience with an Entegra.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to TDB1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Everything I've read says that the towing is not a problem behind the lift with the tow attachment. That's actually are plan if we go that way. I'd just like to here fom someone that has experience with an Entegra.
Dave,

Did you get the Hydra lift? I am about to order tomorrow - can not find any Entegra thread on this beside yours.

Brgds Teun
TDB1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Teun,

I decided against it for several reasons:

- Price between 5500-6400 and still had to do the full toad thing for 3800
- For my Harley, it required three point connection, and, according to one dealer of Entegras, welding to two of the three attachment points
-- Read the Entegra warrantee paperwork and felt extremely uncomfortable without expressed (in writing) agreement from Entegra and Spartan
-- That suggested that there might be structural issues with welding to the frame

In the end, didn't want the risk. Purchased a F-150 with 8 foot bed. Hauls the Harley great. If you don't want to use the Big Boy aluminum ramp (and that takes some getting used to, you can purchase a hydraulic pull up into the bed for about 2600.

I have read many threads where folks swear by the Blue Ox and MightyHauler systems. In the end, jus didn't work for me.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Teun,

I decided against it for several reasons:

- Price between 5500-6400 and still had to do the full toad thing for 3800
- For my Harley, it required three point connection, and, according to one dealer of Entegras, welding to two of the three attachment points
-- Read the Entegra warrantee paperwork and felt extremely uncomfortable without expressed (in writing) agreement from Entegra and Spartan
-- That suggested that there might be structural issues with welding to the frame

In the end, didn't want the risk. Purchased a F-150 with 8 foot bed. Hauls the Harley great. If you don't want to use the Big Boy aluminum ramp (and that takes some getting used to, you can purchase a hydraulic pull up into the bed for about 2600.

I have read many threads where folks swear by the Blue Ox and MightyHauler systems. In the end, jus didn't work for me.
Thanks Dave.

I guess I have to think this over some more. There is a guy in Austin TX specializing installing these BUT I don't want to jeopardize or risk jeopardizing the Entegra warranty and the up to 100K extended warranty.

Teun
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #7

We have been travelling for many years with a lift on the back of our motorhome (currently on our Holiday Rambler Navigator). We have a Heritage Softail that goes on the lift and a Streetglide in the back of our Ford pick-up truck which we tow. We currently have a lift from "Overbuilt" but will be having a Hydralift installed by the RV dealer on our new 2014 Anthem. We have never experienced any issues with using the lift. We can load and unload both bikes within minutes.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
We have been travelling for many years with a lift on the back of our motorhome (currently on our Holiday Rambler Navigator). We have a Heritage Softail that goes on the lift and a Streetglide in the back of our Ford pick-up truck which we tow. We currently have a lift from "Overbuilt" but will be having a Hydralift installed by the RV dealer on our new 2014 Anthem. We have never experienced any issues with using the lift. We can load and unload both bikes within minutes.
Thanks - good feedback. I had already decided and ordered the lift this morning.
Will be installed 1st week May 2013.

Have a good weekend

Teun
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #9

Teun I travel with a couple that has a lift for his Harley on the back of his Cornerstone. I believe it was also welded on. He had the lift on since sept and he loves it. No issues to my knowledge.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I don't have any problem with the Hydralift (other than expensive). I would contact Entegra and confirm with them that there won't be any warrantee hiccups. JMHO
Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Is there any Hydralift owner willing to help me with a few pics?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/long-...cs-140076.html

-mick
gday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
Is there any Hydralift owner willing to help me with a few pics?

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/long-...cs-140076.html

-mick
Mick,

Cannot help you with pics but mine is being installed next week by a guy who makes his living installing these things. He just installed a regular for GoldWing 2 weeks ago and now installing one of or a side car. If you have questions let me know and I will ask him. Also: what in particular do you want pics from? Maybe I can do with my BB as my camera files too big for Internet.

Teun
Old 05-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the offer. I have a problem with the lift going into its "stored" position. Let me take some pics on the weekend and I'll show what the issue is and we can go from there.

-mick
gday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
Thanks for the offer. I have a problem with the lift going into its "stored" position. Let me take some pics on the weekend and I'll show what the issue is and we can go from there.

-mick
Sure. Let me have ur pics with detailed description of the problem. I will give to my installer on Monday next week - he will need 3 1/2 days for installation of the Hydralift and modify my Jeep for the Blue Ox.

T.