Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2021, 08:44 PM   #1

Hydralift Motorcycle Lift info...

Last week while taking the bike off the Hydralift, it operated properly lowering but when trying to raise it a bit to remove straps, bungee's etc. it would not raise. Pressing the "UP" button on the control pad I heard clicking, then silence, and no movement. My first thought went to a bad solenoid and I began putting together a game plan.
Contacting Hydralift via E-mail @ Support@hydralift-usa.com I received a response within 1-2 days outlining some basics, not the least of which was on the 2nd sentence, "~90% of issues regarding failure of the Unit to operate properly are related to "poor grounds"
Finding the ground to chassis was easy but outside appearances are deceiving, once disassembled, rust was evident on both star washers, along with the contact portion of the nut and mounting surface itself.
Once cleaned with some sandpaper and reassembled adding some dielectric grease, the Unit operated just the way it should! I will purchase some battery terminal corrosion spray also, to minimize the chances of it occurring again

In addition to Hydralift's initial E-mail response, they had attached a 1 page troubleshooting PDF that if needed, would have made the search for the problem much easier!
I attached 4 pictures showing the ground nut/bolt and although it doesn't look finished, the area under and around the nut and bolt are clean and have a secure attachment. I have thought of repositioning the ground to an area higher up that would help with water intrusion etc.

I wasn't able to attach the PDF in the Post, although if anyone is interested I would be happy to forward a copy via E-mail, I can be contacted at johnrugarber@gmail.com

Special thanx to Paul (Flanz) for responding to my PM and offering up some additional thoughts to try while waiting for H/L to respond.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic. - #4.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	313224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic. - #3.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	313225  

Name:	Pic. - #1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	313226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic. - #2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	252.1 KB
ID:	313230  

2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2021, 06:15 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
While I’ve never had your experience, thanks for posting.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:22 PM   #3

Thanks for the document John, let’s hope I never need it.

Thought I would try to upload it for others who didn’t request it from you. I know you mentioned that it wouldn’t upload for you.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HydrLift - No Power Pump .pdf (105.0 KB, 82 views)
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the document. I had a bad ground do to corrosion, and also a few small wires broke off at the solenoid post. Mine motor was installed up in the bumper and with a rear radiator I have to pull the motor out from the bottom to get to any wires, and with a lot of corrosion on the solenoid post and fuse post, both broke. So replaced the up solenoid and the fuse and relocated motor to the rear bay. All good now.
dangit00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:40 PM   #5

I'm gla you were able to resolve the issue!
Old 04-25-2021, 03:56 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a Victory Vision and am showing some warping of the channel that the bike drives on. Also I have to lean the bike the left after the front wheel enters the tray to get the right floorboard to clear on right of the lift . Any comments?
KingCruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:44 PM   #7

KingCruzer,

The PDF you requested should be in your E-mailbox.

Regarding the "warping of the channel"... only after speaking to H/L about my electrical issue did I find that I am the 3rd owner of the lift and that it had been damaged in some way, the damage was not disclosed when corresponding with H/L. In the pictures I have identified a gusset plate that is in place tying both pieces together in the middle. I don't know if this was part of a past repair but to date, has not caused any issues with its performance. Another Owner may clarify if this plate is currently in use on their lifts.
Yes, when loading the bike (95 Dyna Low-Rider) we also lean slightly to the left to minimize/avoid contacting the lift. if you look closely at picture with the oblong vertical circle you can see wear on the edge of the channel caused by the kickstand after being secured/cinched down with ratchet straps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1391.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	326323   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1390.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	326324  

Name:	IMG_1392.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	326325  
Old 04-26-2021, 07:53 AM   #8

jrugarber,

The gusset plate you’re referring to is a factory plate ( although mine is aluminum not steel as your appears to be), it’s not something that has been added.

I have an ultra limited and experienced the same loading issues that you have, so I bolted a 1”x6”x42” wood strip to the channel to raise the the loading height to eliminate the problem.

JimJ
Jimjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 08:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjensen View Post
jrugarber,

The gusset plate you’re referring to is a factory plate ( although mine is aluminum not steel as your appears to be), it’s not something that has been added.

I have an ultra limited and experienced the same loading issues that you have, so I bolted a 1”x6”x42” wood strip to the channel to raise the the loading height to eliminate the problem.

JimJ
I did something similar but my piece of 2x6 with angled cuts for a "ramp" was about 18". I'd position it so the front tire raised up on it and that would increase the clearance with the right footboard. I would ride mine in, 11 and 15 FLHTKL, and that board meant I didn't have to lean it over. Something rather awkward when riding in a channel.
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor