Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #1

Hydraulic filter?

Going through our maintenance items. Has anyone tackled the hydraulic oil filter change? If so what is your procedure and any readily available filter # ? I have looked on Irv forums and information is limited. Any information and tips would be appreciated.

18 aspire 44r
Klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #2

Please put the coach you own in your signature, like below. That would really help us answer your question as well as future inquiries.

Also there is a "sticky" thread (one that stays at the top) at the top of the forum that may be helpful.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #3

I checked the filter sticky. Not much information regarding the hydraulic filter change and tips.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I will tell you it is a very messy job to change since there is not shutoff valve to keep all the fluid from draining. There are 2 filters, the one inside the tank is changed every two years, part number Nelson #87610A. The larger filter is replaced every year and you can use a NAPA 1746 or Zinga ZSE10. I use a separate drain pain only for the hydraulic fluid so I can reuse it. Pull the drain plug on the hydraulic tank and drain it to be reused. Use another drain pain below the larger filter and unscrew it slowly letting the rest of the fluid drain then remove the filter. Screw on the new filter, taking care the gasket seals properly. Refill the tank slowly checking for leaks around the filter and add additional fluid to top it off. Start engine and check for leaks.
There are different filters you can use but I found the gasket that comes with some of them do not fit properly, will not stay seated to get the new filter screwed on.
rlwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 12:59 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Lots of post on changing the filter on Entegras. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:03 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My post #22 in this thread: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/hydr...-439227-2.html describes my success.

Not too difficult and any mess was easily cleaned up.

Take care,
Stu
Old 12-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #7

Before changing the spin on hydraulic filter remove the dipstick/vent from the hydraulic tank and put a rubber plug in its place that will stop the tank from draining.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 04:42 PM   #8

Thank you all for the information. This forum is a great resource.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Just curious, is your filter mounted to the bottom of the fluid tank, or is it the newer configuration where it is mounted to some of the metal framing in the engine area?

I changed my fluid last year, and it is a slippery mess if you are not ready for spillage and/or leakage. I had trouble getting the gasket properly set in the filter, and the Zunga (if that is spelled correct) filters seem to be the worst.

This was my mess thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/hydr...ak-425805.html
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic