Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2018, 06:04 AM   #1

I am Beginning to Believe.....

I am beginning to believe that my coach was built on a Friday before a 3-day weekend or the Tuesday after. We've had our 2019 Anthem for just under 3 months now and I have found multiple issues that are minor in nature that in my opinion should have been caught by a QC process. I have fixed many of these issues myself and none of them have cancelled or shortened a trips, but still annoying that I have to deal with them. ***DISCLAIMER*** This thread is not attacking Entegra just an FYI for others that my be experiencing some of the same issues (and no I am not complaining either as I am a man who enjoys projects ).

Photo 1 are the dash grounds lugs that were not tightened causing my stairs to open while driving.

Photo 2 is the kinked shower hose.

Photo 3 is my latest issue where the parking brake was indicating that it was not engaged even though it was.

Photo 4 is the dinette lamp that crashed to the floor while driving.

Photo 5 is the Valor TPMS antenna that was just lying on the front suspension K-member and not attached to the frame.

Photo 6 is the Hadley 12V air pump intake filter that was not connected.

There are more, but I will stop there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash_Grounds_1.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	228224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower2.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	228225  

Name:	Parking_Brake_LI.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	349.1 KB
ID:	228226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette_Lamp.png
Views:	84
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	228227  

Name:	TPMS_Antenna.png
Views:	87
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	228228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hadley_pump_1.png
Views:	93
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	228229  

jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2018, 06:15 AM   #2

my opinion should have been caught by a QC process.

That was a joke right?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:17 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow. I too would have just fixed those things because it would have taken at least a week for a shop to do, but I would certainly send these pics to Entegra. I doubt it changes anything, but I still would. BTW, kudos on finding these things. I wonder if this problem with the parking brake has anything to do with the recall?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
my opinion should have been caught by a QC process.

That was a joke right?

No! (tongue in cheek)
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I can understand your frustration. My 14 was built during the cold spell of 33 below for several weeks. The plant would be closed for a few day and Joe would pick up where Sam left off when it reopened. I spend the first year reassembling that MH, so I know how you feel. Thankfully the items are all small, but uncalled for just the same. However be very fortunate that your coach had all of the paint on it, air lines and air valves were not split on delivery. I find small items like that and it is a blessing compared to a coach built at 33 below.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:34 AM   #6

Until QC becomes an issue that impacts the reputation of a builder or it costs more to fix these minor issues than to do it right the first time, I doubt poor QC will change which seems to be affecting all builders.

I have two friends that recently purchased a new motor home. One from Tiffin and the other from Newmar. Both have had minor issues and like you nothing that would prevent its use.

Perhaps we're asking too much. Was there ever a time when coaches came new with nothing wrong? It seems the issues the OP documented would not have occurred with a dedicated employee. And I'm sure there are many dedicated employees. So perhaps the corporate culture needs to change. Good luck with that.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:51 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
[QUOTE=timjet;4530783]Until QC becomes an issue that impacts the reputation of a builder or it costs more to fix these minor issues than to do it right the first time, I doubt poor QC will change which seems to be affecting all builders.

I have two friends that recently purchased a new motor home. One from Tiffin and the other from Newmar. Both have had minor issues and like you nothing that would prevent its use.

Perhaps we're asking too much. Was there ever a time when coaches came new with nothing wrong?

Country Coach!
Car1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Hidden items on the frame will not be caught on the QC floor. That area is for final checking of all the working parts inside and paint outside. Taking the tour, you cannot believe the number of different color tapes placed on the MH from QC, but nobody will be under the coach.
I am really pleased that my 19 went through QC....the 14's did not have a QC department and it showed.

If people would see how many people twist and turn installing other components it is amazing more wires or hoses don't become unplugged. Taking the tour is one heck of a learning experience on how your coach is built. Is there sometimes too much of a rush, yes. Especially when so many are calling wanting a completion date of last week.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #9

I'm from the school of "you cannot inspect in quality." What the hell is wrong with the operators that installed the items in the first place? And these are,generally speaking, able bodied prideful Amish craftsmen. BS. When the industry learns to GET RID OF PIECE WORK, institute standard job instructions and procedures and put foremen and management in place to insure the standards are being followed the quality may improve. When each person is rushing to beat the clock with piece work the type of quality we encounter is inevitable and they are not held accountable for it. Take the tour and ask to see the standard procedures posted and watch to see if they are in sight or being followed. Every tour I have been on I see each assembler doing it "his way" with no consistency. And when they finish their last part they just walk off and leave it up to the next worker to figure out where to start back in Impossible to go back and inspect in quality with this type of arrangement. The installer needs to be the "inspector" and they need to get rid of the rush to beat the piece work quota. Besides, with piece work it is impossible to correctly coordinate complex assemblies when each individual is doing things at a different pace. I did like the tours, however, as i was able to pick up enough stray screws off the floor and in the parking lot to fix many of the problems I have had. One I pulled out of the sole of my shoe!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I feel your frustration but it is not just the newer models. Over the years I've had to remove a fixed wall and removed a 5 gal bucket full of shavings, sawdust, wire insulation and various nuts, bolts and screws.

Sadly pride in your work is lacking in every area of work across our nation. There are some who take pride and do a great job but for the most it is just a job; do it quickly and move on. If no one sees it, it is okay.

I would hat to fly an airplane one these techs might put together.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #11
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Many of us have worked in industries or businesses where approaches to quality manufacturing were a deeply ingrained part of the business, but regardless what we think, wish, or expect, it simply doesn’t exist in the business of RV manufacturing. You can have expectations based on improvements you’ve seen in the automobile industry (and many others) over the last few decades, or based on how much you paid, but they are simply not realistic. Sorry, but I’ve bought several and that’s my humble opinion.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote