Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2021, 01:19 PM   #15

Where did you mount the side cameras?
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2021, 09:28 PM   #16

Where did you mount the display on the dash?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Where did you mount the side cameras?
For me, I installed the aerodynamic side cameras in the same spot as the OEM cameras. There is a little rubber seal on the lens side of the OEM cameras that hide the adjustment screws and the attachment screws.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:18 AM   #18

Good to know. You are humble about your ability.

I am giving the head unit and this some serious thought. Nice job!

I am currently using a Garmin camera for the front. No issues. Take it you are using the integrated camera on the 11” screen and have that mounted on the dash.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
Where did you mount the display on the dash?
I mounted the display just above the radio on top of the dash. The cord that comes with the display is about 6 feet long so it will reach under the dash. I stuck the GPS antenna under the dash right up to the defroster area.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
Good to know. You are humble about your ability.

I am giving the head unit and this some serious thought. Nice job!

I am currently using a Garmin camera for the front. No issues. Take it you are using the integrated camera on the 11” screen and have that mounted on the dash.
You are correct. Google maps works for me and now oyu can DL the maps to the unit in case you lose WiFi during the trip.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
I mounted the display just above the radio on top of the dash. The cord that comes with the display is about 6 feet long so it will reach under the dash. I stuck the GPS antenna under the dash right up to the defroster area.
Thanks for the information. Any pictures of the Dash set up.
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 07:24 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by darjacob View Post
For those who asked... here's the link of what I purchased.
https://www.dashcam.co/pages/live-streaming-cam-systems
I know it's only been a few months, but how are you liking this system? We are looking at this company for an all-in-one camera setup for our Class A.
sploke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Another company to consider is rearviewsafety.com. I have one of their 360 systems and I like it. Their catalog is 100 pages, covering nothing but cameras dvr s and systems, certainly worth a look.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 02:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sploke View Post
I know it's only been a few months, but how are you liking this system? We are looking at this company for an all-in-one camera setup for our Class A.
I don't like it at all. I didn't look close enough at the specs. First off, the rear view mirror display, 11 inches wide is way too small to quickly glance at while driving. If you have one camera showing, it just stretches and distorts the image. But probably the most disappointing part were the cameras. They are 720p (same as OEM). On the plus side, I had them installed and used them for 3 months and when I called the company and asked them if I could return the whole system they agreed (minus 15%). I found that the real time wifi part was just useless to me.

So I put together my own system buying the parts off of Amazon. Now I have excellent 1080p and 2MB cameras with a 170 degree view. The monitor is 10 inches and has 2-256MB SD cards to record all the cameras in real time. The wide view for the rear camera is really nice. YMMV.

Tags
anthem, camera