Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2022, 09:09 AM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Hi All, FYI, I received email yesterday (12/22/2022) from Open Roads that they are no longer accepting Pilot, Flying J, One9 transactions as of January 1,2023. Bummer but that is business.
Luminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2022, 09:35 AM   #44

On fleet cards can be used at Truck Fill Station. Is Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpasslew View Post
Nice new station, big enough for the truckers, but not friendly to me. My 2012 Aspire fit right in, but my credit card did not work, so I went to the cashier and she told me I should go where the cars are. She let me buy my estimated 50 gallons of diesel, and told me I would get a refund on my card if I did not use all 50 gallons. Turned out I was told by her later that it would be put back on my card. I called corporate and they guessed that it would take 8-10 days. Still waiting.

Anyone else having problems with Loves?
You can get a OpenRoads CC to use at Truck Fill Station. Cashier is correct. Prepay on if no Fleet card. ALL Truck Fuel Dealers Do this.

Regular CC use at Car Fill Area.
Jlfulcherjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #45

Credit cards in general will not work in the truck lanes. We use the TSD fleet card which works at most major truck stops truck lanes (not at Pilot/Fly J) and you get a discount on the pump price. They even have an app which shows you the prices you will pay at any location that accepts their fleet card. Go to TSD Logistics and apply for a fleet card. Only works for diesel and at the truck lanes. Once I got almost a $1 off but usually 30-40c. Best discount currently is at Petro!
dosxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:48 AM   #46

Doesn't anyone read more than one or two posts before the one they are getting ready to author or post themselves???????????

You get the same "news" over and over.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 11:50 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Doesn't anyone read more than one or two posts before the one they are getting ready to author or post themselves???????????

You get the same "news" over and over.....

Gary
Why should this thread be any different than the hundreds of others that go beyond two pages.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 12:41 PM   #48

Bob

You are being incredibly kind when you say "beyond two pages".... more often than not, it is one or two posts.

Gary
Old 12-23-2022, 12:42 PM   #49

Quote:
Nice new station, big enough for the truckers, but not friendly to me. My 2012 Aspire fit right in, but my credit card did not work, so I went to the cashier and she told me I should go where the cars are. She let me buy my estimated 50 gallons of diesel, and told me I would get a refund on my card if I did not use all 50 gallons. Turned out I was told by her later that it would be put back on my card. I called https://www.Fuelman.comcorporate and they guessed that it would take 8-10 days. Still waiting.

This is one reason to use card lock like Pacific Pride or CFN. You’re not limited to system fueling most include Fuelman access to all major Truck Stops. The card works in their machines also many small town gas stations accept Fuelman. Look for the logo at locations.
ac7nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 05:18 PM   #50

Now, here is something new yet again.

The TA stations which have always been 20-40 cents a gallon lower than Loves in east Texas and west Louisiana, are now about the same price. Its as though the TA station prices have come up to near Loves.

More strange, the price of diesel at the TA "car" pumps are considerably cheaper than the truck pumps and Loves fleet card prices, but getting into or out of the car lanes are much more "iffy" and I'm reluctant to do that with a tow car.

Not sure what is going on, but again, the message appears to be to be sure you look up prices long before you make final plans on where to fuel in east Texas and Northern Louisiana. I have no idea what is going on with pricing at this point.

Gary
Old 12-23-2022, 06:12 PM   #51

Ford Super Duty Owner
My fix
I used my debit card 20%/ 80% CASH
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 12:52 PM   #52

Love's is not the most economical place to stop on the road. It is, however, usually easy to get in and out. We only stop there when we are on the road. I learned early to prepay and estimate pretty close. I can also get DEF at the pump if needed. Coffee and a sausage biscuit in the morning and we are good to go for several hours. Many of them also have a dog park or a place to let the dog do his thing. We have learned to adapt.

Phil and Charon
Staying warm in the Texas Hill Country
Merry Christmas Y'all
Bigtoado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 03:53 PM   #53

Quote:
Nice new station, big enough for the truckers, but not friendly to me. My 2012 Aspire fit right in, but my credit card did not work, so I went to the cashier and she told me I should go where the cars are. She let me buy my estimated 50 gallons of diesel, and told me I would get a refund on my card if I did not use all 50 gallons. Turned out I was told by her later that it would be put back on my card. I called corporate and they guessed that it would take 8-10 days. Still waiting.

That is not a problem. Just the way it is if you do not have a corporate account or drive for a business. You have to go in and give them your card. It has been that way for years. Just go in and tell them how much you need and then pump. Just the last few months have they been delaying the payback. Not that long ago, you went in to get the receipt and it was for the amount that you actually pumped.
How would you feel if you were almost empty and need almost 200 gallons to fill your tank and the diesel is ~6$ per gallon like it was a few months ago?
I have to agree with the saleslady. If you only need 50 gallons, why not line up with the cars and skip the estimate thing. Only negative is the very slow fill rate but you do not have a large tank so it will not take very long.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 04:52 PM   #54

This may be just me, but when I am 45', plus tow bar, plus the toad you are dragging I don't like to get into anything where you have to worry about how you are going to get out of the fuel area. A whole lot of car fuel docks have some very tight turns on the way in or the way out that are a piece of cake for a car or straight truck but quite another thing for a rig that can't be backed up (and I was a professional semi driver while I was going to graduate school, so I'm not afraid of most access).

I much prefer the truck fuel lanes for my 120+ gallon fill ups.

Gary
Old 12-27-2022, 05:07 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
I still think the OP was told incorrect procedure for buying diesel at Loves by the cashier.

Before I had the TDS card, I usually stopped at Loves all over went in the Truck lanes, walked inside, told them I needed $200 or another figure of fuel, gave them my credit card, pumped the diesel, and leave, and any balance was put back on my card. If this was a NEW location, the cashier possibly did not clearly understand what the OP was wanting to do. It they ran the card to pump Diesel at the Car lanes, they sure could have run it in the truck lanes. Should not matter how many gallons you need, more about getting in and out of the station, safely - and most of the car lanes are packed too. Never had a truck driver mad because I was filling up in the truck lanes (that I know of).
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 05:22 PM   #56

no issues with getting fuel with the Semi's or paying with a credit card

Tags
diesel