Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2022, 08:31 PM   #1

I had trouble getting diesel at a new Love's near my home.

Nice new station, big enough for the truckers, but not friendly to me. My 2012 Aspire fit right in, but my credit card did not work, so I went to the cashier and she told me I should go where the cars are. She let me buy my estimated 50 gallons of diesel, and told me I would get a refund on my card if I did not use all 50 gallons. Turned out I was told by her later that it would be put back on my card. I called corporate and they guessed that it would take 8-10 days. Still waiting.

Anyone else having problems with Loves?
lowpasslew is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2022, 08:36 PM   #2

Not a Love's, but a Circle K. Told me the same thing in SC, but never got the refund. Not a lot of difference, but never again will I buy from Circle K.
Old 12-16-2022, 10:23 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yep as you found out no credit cards at the truck pumps. However you might want to look at the OpenRoads fuel discount program.

You get a card that can be used at the truck pumps and will give you a 28¢ discount at Loves and even greater discounts at TA/Petro and some other locations.

Here is a link to one of the many threads on this subject.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/firs...rd-575230.html
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:09 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I would think that you could use your card in the car lanes at the pump? Should be no need to prepay an amount.

Like BodGed said, look into the fuel card program - no need to go inside and prepay an amount an hope they refund you, and you get a discount. Then use the app to find the stations offering the best discount. It seem like all of the advertised prices on their signs are inflated, so having the card is the only way you will pay market price at these types of stations.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:29 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I haven't been able to use a CC at a truck pump, at any truck stops since diesel was $2.00 a gallon. Trucks hold hundreds of $$ worth of fuel, most CC companies limit $75-$100. at a gas pump. Here's the best thing going for RV'ers. https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
HUGE discounts, pay at the pump, and we all fit. Open a separate checking account, add to it when needed (online banking) and never worry about someone getting your card number.

My local station at the corner where I store my MH is the same way. I normally need $275. worth of fuel, give them the card for $300. and I'm only charged for what I use, it's normal. Never counted the days, it's always right at the end of the month when I pay my bill.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 07:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpasslew View Post
Nice new station, big enough for the truckers, but not friendly to me. My 2012 Aspire fit right in, but my credit card did not work, so I went to the cashier and she told me I should go where the cars are. She let me buy my estimated 50 gallons of diesel, and told me I would get a refund on my card if I did not use all 50 gallons. Turned out I was told by her later that it would be put back on my card. I called corporate and they guessed that it would take 8-10 days. Still waiting.

Anyone else having problems with Loves?
That seems strange, I've done that many times and the refund was immediate. Most places don't even put the charge through till the following day, they just place a hold. Never tried Loves though, Quick Trip, Circle K and some Independents.
bigb56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 08:03 AM   #7

We had a routine that worked pretty nicely. We employed a pair of FRS "walkie-talkies", but cell phones would work equally well.

We pull into the truck lane and Angie heads into the fuel counter with an estimated number of gallons we would be purchasing.

If they allow filling and paying, she tells me when they've authorized the pump and I fuel the coach. When full, I tell her, and she consummates the purchase and we're done.

If they require prepay, she does that, and tells me when they've authorized the pump and I fuel the coach.

With the trip computer in the RV, it's pretty easy to get within three or four gallons of what will be required, and we were always able to either accept the slightly short-fill or push in the additional to make the purchase match the payment.

Sending 40'+ of motorhome with a tow in tow around to the car lanes to fuel is usually NOT a possible option.

Life was so much easier when we weren't so subject to the often unreasonable whims and actions of our leaders that has resulted in exorbitant fuel costs, and when people trusted people. But we can accommodate.
K7JV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:00 PM   #8

If anyone is not using this fleet card system, you are wasting lots of money.

There are a lot of new owners and new people on this forum so probably a lot of people not aware of what Brobox was suggesting above, however, we can be a part of a FLEET card system called EFS. Go to www.TSDLogistics.com and read about it. I have an account and I usually pay 40 to 70 cents less than posted price for #2 Diesel at the truck pumps. Diesel only, not gas. I set up an independent checking account at PNC Bank that I can move money into from my real bank. Then I told EFS that the PNC account is the account that should be debited for purchases. I keep $500 TO $1,000 minimum in the PNC account and when that account gets down to 500-600 bucks, then I transfer more money into it from my "Real" Bank.

Right now, TA and Petro are the only company that deeply discounts fuel. Loves is midway between the TA price and advertised but a MUCH worse deal.

This TSD operation is completely legit. They have simply opened their fleet up to diesel motorcoaches as part of their trucking fleet. I have not bought fuel other than through TSD fleet system now for several years and have saved thousands of dollars compared to credit card charges.

AND the best part is that it is all done at the pump just like most trucks.... no need to go inside at all. Just be sure to keep a balance in your account that TSD debits from. www.tsdlogistics.com takes you where you need to go. TA/Petro and Loves are the discounts.... other major truck stops don't participate at this point in time. I've bought nothing other than TA or Petro fuel since I enrolled.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #9

You didn't have a problem getting diesel you had problem paying for the diesel you got

Dispute the charge with CC company

*Refunds on CC always take too long.
Instantly charge you but can't reimburse/change charges until it goes thru corporate billing
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 01:47 PM   #10

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
Yep as you found out no credit cards at the truck pumps. However you might want to look at the OpenRoads fuel discount program.

You get a card that can be used at the truck pumps and will give you a 28¢ discount at Loves and even greater discounts at TA/Petro and some other locations.They are providing discounts as well

Here is a link to one of the many threads on this subject.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/firs...rd-575230.html
ALSO!!! Hookup with mudflap.com

They are providing discounts as well {Mostly the smaller Mom & Pop and regional fuel providers.}
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:17 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post

They are providing discounts as well {Mostly the smaller Mom & Pop and regional fuel providers.}
I agree. Another good one to have for some of the smaller participating truck stops. I have actually received better discounts with Mudflap than what I could get at a TA/Petro with the TSD program. Not quite as convenient as you have to go inside, but worth it.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:11 PM   #12

I forgot to mention.... There is an app which shows up to the minute pricing at all stations in the EFS "system" and the negotiated price. The app is called OpenRoads. It is important to look at OpenRoads before you buy diesel even at TA or Loves stations as not all TAs / Petros are included in the system. I have filled my tank at the "local" TA truckstop for years which is about 15 miles away. However, I ALWAYS check prices anywhere before I stop. The last time I needed to fill the TA was not listed nor was the Petro (We have all the big truck-stops "chains" in Greenwood, LA exits off of I-20). I kept checking over several weeks and it never appeared although is clearly was the most convenient and got all my business. Nothing.

So I called TSD and asked what had happened, and was told that TSD had dropped those stations because there "was too many fraudulent purchases" at those locations. I have no idea what the fraud is, but assume that numbers have gotten "out" and people are stealing gas with false numbers. This is a real pain in the butt as now my closest stations out of town in all directions are ~ 100 miles and my fuel gauge is not working on the coach so I have to do more figuring to ensure that I am never low on diesel. The operator I talked to spontaneously mentioned that there are other locations, often in larger cities, where they have kicked truck stops off the fleet system due to high fraud rates. I always make sure that the OpenRoads app has current pricing.

But, always look up your planned fuel stops and make sure that they are still participants in the TSD Fleet program.

And Yes, there areas of the country who just don't have many major brand diesel stations due to them being in largely rural states or states with few/no interstates, and then other apps such as mudflap can get you a discount when you need it and TSD wont.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 04:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post

I just Cut and Pasted the link to mudflap.com and it comes up as a web design, web hosting, graphic design site.

Tim
Old 12-17-2022, 04:54 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB673 View Post
I just Cut and Pasted the link to mudflap.com and it comes up as a web design, web hosting, graphic design site.
Tim
Try this mudflapinc
However it is actually an app so you might want to look for it in your applicable IOS or Android app store.

Tags
diesel