Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2021, 09:34 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Having seen the damage that failed tires cause, Im sticking with seven years. I drove a Bay Star with 10 year old tires from Michigan to Ca and got away with it but it was winter, snow most of way, temps in the teens. Had it been summer, I would have replaced them.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2021, 09:42 PM   #16

Try motorhometires.com They're a sponsor of this page Heard good things about Centramatics
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 07:52 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
Dave

We have a 2012 Aspire 295/80/22.5 on front and 275/80/22.5 on drive and tag! We recently switched all to 295/80/22.5 and Toyo M144s. Very pleased with the ride and we used motorhometires.com - their mobile tech came to my storage and changed them.

If you go bigger, I think you’ll need new rims. But also check for the gap between the drive tires.

Hope that helps!!
Thanks Jeff ! this helps
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 08:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
The good news is that you don't likely need to replace your tires. 7 years is when many tire manufacturers say they should be regularly checked by a tire expert, not replaced unless it's called for by condition. 10 years is the typical life span of big tires. Especially truck tires.

Check with your tire manufacturer's spec sheet on how long they should last in low mileage situations.
I'm running on borrowed time now because these 6 rear tires are the GoodYear Junk tires that came from the factory. I switched the steer tires to Micheline in 2017.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:40 AM   #19

I'm going to keep the Micheline tires on the steer axle because they're rated for a heavier load (8200 per tire). The drive and tag axles shouldn't be a problem for the TOYO tires since they're rated for 7800 per tire.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:04 AM   #20

When I bought new tires for my coach I took into consideration where I park it on occasion. When parking at a couple different dirt racing tracks, a NASCAR track camping area and a couple snowmobile grass drag events, I have to park on grass. I wanted a more aggressive tread on my rear tires than the Michelin tires which were on the coach.
I selected Firestone FS 560 tires for the rear. This past August we had had a lot of rain and when I went to Watkins Glen Raceway 160 miles from home my site was quite soft. There is a slight grade to the site I reserve each year so I was a bit concerned whether I could back in with no problem. There were other campers, tow behinds and fifth wheels as well as class C and A coaches which were getting stuck trying to get into their respective sites. I backed off the roadway and into my site without spinning a wheel. It rained hard Sunday night so when we were leaving Monday morning the ground was saturated. There were coaches and trucks getting pulled out of their sites all over our area. I watched one fellow work for over three hours trying to get into his site and leveled with a Bounder. He was digging and filling in holes galore with help from a couple fellows who were with him.
I started my coach, dropped it into gear and drove out with no issue whatsoever. I don't put enough miles on my coach each year but what the tires will age out well before they will wear out. Any additional noise from those tires doesn't bother me at all. Chancing having to be pulled out of a site and risking damage to my front fiberglass cap worries me much more than a slight increase from tire noise. I did see one Entegra coach get a significant amount of damage to it's front cap from contact with the chain used to pull the coach off the wet grass and mud. There were a couple class A coaches buried to the frame but I wasn't there when they got pulled out. A large wrecker with a low mounted winch had just showed up as I was leaving the track.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:06 AM   #21

I can't help you on selection of tire brand b/c I buy take-offs from truckers, but the adjustment to a 295/75 will open up a lot of options. Truck tire places will call these "Low-pro" or low profile tires, b/c trucks tend to use 11R 225 which is a slightly taller sidewall.

On the Centramatics: HIGHLY recommended. They are amazing. My last set of tires, I got some Goodyear (NOT the bad RV tires) that came from UPS trucks and had rivering on them. They went onto the drive axle and the Centramatics have balanced them out so that the rivering is basically gone in less than 3k miles.
Old 10-03-2021, 09:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordi View Post
I can't help you on selection of tire brand b/c I buy take-offs from truckers, but the adjustment to a 295/75 will open up a lot of options. Truck tire places will call these "Low-pro" or low profile tires, b/c trucks tend to use 11R 225 which is a slightly taller sidewall.

On the Centramatics: HIGHLY recommended. They are amazing. My last set of tires, I got some Goodyear (NOT the bad RV tires) that came from UPS trucks and had rivering on them. They went onto the drive axle and the Centramatics have balanced them out so that the rivering is basically gone in less than 3k miles.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that.
Old 10-03-2021, 10:15 AM   #23

I put the Centramatic balances on and it smoothed out the ride on US 101 hiway. Mine is a class A Newmar baystar 3014
Rewarder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I replaced all tires with Toyo M144A. The steer axle 8 1/4" wheels were replaced with 9" width and installed 315R80/22.5 and in the drive and tag axles I went with 295R80/22.5. I used Balance Master wheel balancers in all tire positions.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #25

Has anyone used “Easy Tire” when buying tires? They have good prices but won’t tell me the dates on the tires
Old 10-04-2021, 12:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Has anyone used “Easy Tire” when buying tires? They have good prices but won’t tell me the dates on the tires
Yes, I used Easytire for my last 4 tires ordered last August, or was it 2019...whichever. Anyway, 22.5 size. They wouldn't give me the date code...said they were just the retailer and the warehouse wouldn't bother with getting them either, they just pull the order. So I crossed my fingers and found that 3 of them came from one warehouse and one of them came from a different one.

I'd made sure they (at that time) had a no fault free return including shipping program BUT, when they arrived at the shop I had them drop shipped to, they all had the same date code which were all 8 months old. I was okay with that considering the trouble it would be if they were too old. Too old for me would be 18 months or older.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #27

We put centramatics on along with new tires earlier this year & so far we like them. Bought from Florida Shores Truck Center. They sell for less than anyone even the factory. Shipped to New England no problem.
Roy-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:22 AM   #28

I took the chance and ordered the Toyo tires from Easy Tire. I tried Motor Home Tire since they sponsor the AIM group but their prices were just too high ($5000.00). I was able to order the tires for $475 each ($3274.28 after taxes) A local tire shop said they’d mount them for $50 each with new valve stems.

I also ordered the Centramtics for the Entegra and my pickup truck. Hopefully they live up to what’s promised.

Tags
tire, tires