Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2016, 05:37 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
I screwed up :-(

I cut the turn into Stone Mountain too close. I know better, but I managed to do it anyway. Hurt our beautiful Anthem :-(. Doors still open, so it could be much worse - but never the less - I really screwed up. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457786209.433195.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	121224
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 05:39 AM   #2

At least it was only two doors. Been there done that.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
it is very frustrating, but human.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #4

Awww heck that's just a scratch. Nobody will notice.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:43 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
OH NO! That would make me sick! I am so sorry to see that. I hope your repair will be faster the Krafty's.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:44 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Dan

I had nearly the same look last year. I can tell you what it'll cost. Assuming just the two doors are gouged....replacement doors cost about $500 ea. The bad part is it cost me about $1000/door to get a body shop to match that fancy paint job.

First have two more scotches, then hook up with your insurance, after you find a body shop in your area that will paint RVs have them call a Entegra dealer. For me, LazyDays in FL was the quickest. They need the door dimensions and make/model. Takes about 2-3 weeks for the doors to arrive. Then 3-5 days to paint. Tell the body shop to save your old door handles and locks and swap them into the new ones. For yourself save a few door struts and lock mechanisms for spares.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	121225  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:57 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to read/see this Dan! Hopefully the repairs will not take to long, and it is on the drivers side so you don't have to sit and look at it while outside enjoying! It can and will be repaired, no one hurt, and how ever this happened, you will not do it again!
Old 03-12-2016, 05:58 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the replys. And it wasn't Dan who did this, it was me, Lynn. I take full responsibility. :-(.
Yes, I hope getting it repaired will be easier and quicker than Kathys repair. I doubt if we are going to inform the insurance co. We have a $2500 deductible as it is.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:17 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Oops, sorry Linn. If you can pay out of pocket it might be worth it. I haven't had an auto claim in 20 years but my $9000 repair caused my insurance to jump about $200/mo. Probably for 3 years. Had I known for sure would've been cheaper to pay myself.

If you are paying directly a sympathetic body shop might provide a more reasonable cost than they do to the insurance companies.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Oops, sorry Linn. If you can pay out of pocket it might be worth it. I haven't had an auto claim in 20 years but my $9000 repair caused my insurance to jump about $200/mo. Probably for 3 years. Had I known for sure would've been cheaper to pay myself.

If you are paying directly a sympathetic body shop might provide a more reasonable cost than they do to the insurance companies.
I understand that! We just changed all our cars and motorhome to a new insurance company and if we hit them with a claim, I'm sure our insurance will go sky high. I really would like to avoid that reoccuring expense and just bite the bullet now.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #11

Don't beat yourself up too bad. Tail swing got me on the first day of ownership with our new motorhome. Luck was on my side as it only broke a clearance light lens and put a small scratch on my wife's new jeep. I have been driving motorhomes and towing 5th wheels for over 45 years and should have known better. It happens to the best of us.
georgew48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Thanks for the replys. And it wasn't Dan who did this, it was me, Lynn. I take full responsibility. :-(.
Yes, I hope getting it repaired will be easier and quicker than Kathys repair. I doubt if we are going to inform the insurance co. We have a $2500 deductible as it is.
You can still blame Dan as it was really his fault for letting you drive!
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I cut the turn into Stone Mountain too close. I know better, but I managed to do it anyway. Hurt our beautiful Anthem :-(. Doors still open, so it could be much worse - but never the less - I really screwed up. Attachment 121224
Awe man(or woman in this case), I know how you feel tho. I did a similar thing in my new crew cab truck when I bought it, while not my MH still the feeling of utter frustration is terrible. I was parked by a fire hydrant on a parking lot curb waiting for my daughter after church. Couldn't see it in my mirror and forgot about it, turn sharp and the rear lower quarter panel took the hit. I now am very careful to look for anything low along side any vehicle because I know I may not be able to see them in my mirror. Good luck on the repair and I am sure soon it will look like new again.
Dennis Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #14

That's a tight turn to begin with. Sorry for your loss (damage).

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV

Tags
scr