Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2022, 07:58 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
My home base, Myakka River Motorcoach Resort, MRMR. Amazed that I have anything to return to. But casita did well. Some damage, but nothing compared to others. Florida Strong!Click image for larger version

Name:	Ian Eyewall pic (2).jpg
Views:	32
Size:	660.5 KB
ID:	378209
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2022, 09:25 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It has started. I called my garage door repair company I have used for years, to have my one doors the got tweaked with the winds alighned. I fixed it once but came apart again last night. Service calls have always been $45. She apologized and said service calls were now $198. Only benefit to being a repeat customer, they are coming today instead of next week. I have a feeling this will be the way of life for a long time.
Swimming pools are green (no power for a week) and full of debris. There is going to be another hugh service business needed and not enough to go around.
Perhaps a call to the FLA price gouging line(866-966-7226) at the Attorney General's office would wake this outfit up to not being a bunch of greedy opportunistic pigs.
SteveJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:54 AM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
Most restaurants are ready to open. I spent the week checking on my customers all over Lee County. With FMB and Sanibel being the exception. Most just waiting on food to be delivered. Gas stations are all up with few lines. Things are getting "normal" at an excelerated pace. All hail the linemen.
Great to hear you are all pulling in the same direction to get back to normal. Quick return to normal is the best way to help people and the local economies and businesses recover. Congratulations. Stay safe.
FloridaSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ. View Post
Perhaps a call to the FLA price gouging line(866-966-7226) at the Attorney General's office would wake this outfit up to not being a bunch of greedy opportunistic pigs.
I've been charging $125/service calls for a couple of years. He's a little high but not gouging
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:33 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ. View Post
People that live here are going to have to get use to it. Garage door repairs are not fair trade items, so who sets a "price gouging" price? Having lived here through many hurricanes, it is supply and demand, no government agency will change that. In addition, the way our lives are upside down right now, the last thing I will be doing is filling a government claim. BTW, I have been doing business with this company for over 20 years
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 07:25 PM   #62
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW
"so 'E' of us don't understand" What does the abbreviation 'E' stand for?

I think it was supposed to be "some of us don't understand". That looks like Apple's autocapitalization.

Ray
Old 10-09-2022, 06:50 AM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
I hope I didn't give the wrong impression about service rate increases. Yes, there will be increases, but I am one that is darn glad I have the service people. Those people are faced with the same damage that all of us are. Guaranteed Home Depot or Lowe's as great as they are, will not be having any sales on roofing materials. Those service people will see the same increases as all of us, and many of those increases will be from out of state manufactures.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:43 AM   #64

Chuck, I've said it many times...

"It's really hard to repeal the law of supply & demand."
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 01:07 PM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Chuck, I've said it many times...

"It's really hard to repeal the law of supply & demand."
Well said Larry. Sad part, as with any national disaster, as more damage surfaces, and insurance is finally settled, that demand becomes greater and greater.
Old 10-09-2022, 03:01 PM   #66

Quote:
It has started. I called my garage door repair company I have used for years, to have my one doors the got tweaked with the winds alighned. I fixed it once but came apart again last night. Service calls have always been $45. She apologized and said service calls were now $198. Only benefit to being a repeat customer, they are coming today instead of next week. I have a feeling this will be the way of life for a long time.
Swimming pools are green (no power for a week) and full of debris. There is going to be another hugh service business needed and not enough to go around.
Wow! $45 for a service call? That's unheard of here in CA. The $198 is in line for CA prices if not on the higher end. Service techs wouldn't even get out of bed for $45 here!
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:21 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
My home base, Myakka River Motorcoach Resort, MRMR. Amazed that I have anything to return to. But casita did well. Some damage, but nothing compared to others. Florida Strong!Attachment 378209
Lynn, that is a great photo showing the hit. Thanks for posting that and glad you did not have much damage. It was a direct hit on you.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Lynn, that is a great photo showing the hit. Thanks for posting that and glad you did not have much damage. It was a direct hit on you.

Yes it was. Right outside of our gates the destruction is almost total. It really is amazing that Myakka was spared. Don’t really know why.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:13 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Well said Larry. Sad part, as with any national disaster, as more damage surfaces, and insurance is finally settled, that demand becomes greater and greater.
Chuck,

Sadly, a ripple effect those disasters have in states where they are prone to be repeated is that insurance prices climb for everyone. In this instance, not just people living on the coast, but to everyone statewide.

USAA, won't issue any new policies where I live in NE Florida and they have hiked the premiums on both home and car insurance forcing customs to look elsewhere for their insurance needs. They increased ours up to $6,000 per year....and that's after 20 years with no claims.

Bottom line, look for other insurers to do the same to Florida residents.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 04:58 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-n-Doe View Post
Chuck,

Sadly, a ripple effect those disasters have in states where they are prone to be repeated is that insurance prices climb for everyone. In this instance, not just people living on the coast, but to everyone statewide.

USAA, won't issue any new policies where I live in NE Florida and they have hiked the premiums on both home and car insurance forcing customs to look elsewhere for their insurance needs. They increased ours up to $6,000 per year....and that's after 20 years with no claims.

Bottom line, look for other insurers to do the same to Florida residents.
The largest Independent Agent in Lee County was on 60 minutes last night. He said the average homeowners insurance that was $3,500 will be $10,000. next year in Lee County. From storms in the past, it will be hard to even find companies that will write new polices for two years. More then 1/2 will pull out of the area, or go broke with this storm. State Farm did that after Charlie. State Farm is not a good neighbor.

I hate to see what our MH insurance will go up to. I saved 10% on my insurance because the storage zip code is out of the flood zone. It worked, it was a great evacuation location..
I have heard the term insurance poor my entire adult life.....I will probably join those ranks next years.