Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2022, 04:46 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
IAN got us but we're OK

Thank ALL of you for your thoughts, well wishes and prayers
Karen and I are fine, thank God for the MH
We rode out the storm inside of our storage hangar that is inland and high and dry
Power went out but we were comfortable with the generator .

Steets were cleared enough to make it home yesterday . Inside of the house is fine. Outside is destroyed, all out buildings, boat dock gone. Damage will take weeks to get people and materials. If we didn't have storm shutters and a metal roof it would have been much worse.

We have no power, no internet,, data and hotspots turned off ftom the cell services trying to keep service on. Many of the towers do not have power. The water and sewer plants suffered heavy damage and don't know when they will be up . So much damage they are still assessing what needs to done.

It will take months to get back to normal
They are saying the power grid needs to replaced, not repaired.

I know many have tried to call or text, a few have gotten through . I have to apologize, I have no email, cell service is so spotty. I am up at 5 am trying to get service to post this. Please bare with me as I can't answer all of the supper well wishes
With very limited services some of the communications may not have come through and for that I apologize.

Now if I can contact service people hopefully the healing can begin. What you see on the news doesn't tell it all , there are no services of any kind.

Thank God for the MH, but be ready for huge insurance increases next year. 70 BILLION in damages from this storm with many RV'S in Florida.
Thank all of you again for so many kind thoughts and wishes, it means a lot in this time of need.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2022, 05:43 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Glad you guys are OK, everything else can be replaced. Glad your coach provided a safe place to ride out the storm.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 06:02 AM   #3

I feel your pain, put glad you are safe. We decided to ride Ian out too. Suspect we were a bit farther north, but did suffer some minor damage, but thankfully no flooding. I pray for those folks in the areas heavily damaged, especially those with no place to go home to. Going to take months if not years for some level of normal to return. Wish all a safe and speedy recovery.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 06:34 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse6 View Post
I feel your pain, put glad you are safe. We decided to ride Ian out too. Suspect we were a bit farther north, but did suffer some minor damage, but thankfully no flooding. I pray for those folks in the areas heavily damaged, especially those with no place to go home to. Going to take months if not years for some level of normal to return. Wish all a safe and speedy recovery.
We have been in Cape Coral for 33 years and have seen a lot of bad hurricanes. But nothing like this
I feel so sorry for those that lost everything and homeless . It will be months before they get any help.
We are so fortunate to have our second home in the driveway and comfortable while we make phone calls for repairs.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:09 AM   #5

Chuck

Glad to hear you are ok, you were on my mind during the storm. Port Charlotte was hit pretty bad. Our daughter is at the house. Lost the dock , cage damage and some exterior, nothing what it could have been for us. Homes around us destroyed, boats destroyed. My brothers new house was destroyed inside and out. Everyone is safe, that is all that matters. Our daughter believes a tornado must have touched down. The other side of the canal is devistating. House imploded, one house the wind went right through it. She was only able to send a few pictures. Cell service is like yours and she has to go to the point. Should be there early in the week.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:45 AM   #6

chuck, so happy to hear you and your family are safe. Best of luck with all the repairs sounds like a long journey ahead. So very sad for so many people.
lands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:50 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Glad you're both okay. We fared better being further north in Webster.
SillyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 07:52 AM   #8

So very good to hear you & Karen are safe as we've been extremely concerned for you and many others some that we still haven't heard back from. The El Jobean ( Rte 776 Myakka River ) section of Port Charlotte was hit hard and we're still trying to get an assessment of how significant the damage before making any attempt to return as we have a site rented for the season after selling our RV Lot . We're attempting to locate a rental site North of the heavily affected area but so are a lot of others !
Old 09-30-2022, 08:22 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to hear you and your wife are ok Chuck! Sure is a mess down there......
Old 09-30-2022, 08:31 AM   #10

Take care Chuck, be safe.
It’s just terrible
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:27 AM   #11

Glad you two survived Ians wrath. Hopefully emergency crews are on the way to help rebuild temporary critical services.
Best of luck to your family and friends.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:39 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,

Glad to hear you and Karen are ok, stay safe.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 09:41 AM   #13

"Stuff" can be fixed..... health not so easily.
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:07 AM   #14

Chuck, thanks for getting up early and taking the time to post your update. Really sorry to hear about all the damage, but very pleased to hear you, Karen and your coach are okay.

As I mentioned in another thread here on iRV2, Amy & I spent the better part of a week at Gulf Waters RV Resort in Ft. Myers Beach a few years ago. Had dinner early one evening at Shucker's, took a drive to Sanibel & Captiva one day, parked the Jeep and spent time walking around on both islands, bought a big conch shell which resides in our master bathroom here in Arizona. Drove to St. James City to see a vacation home on a canal owned by an aunt & uncle of Amy's. Even paid a visit to your second favorite RV dealership, not to mention NTRV by name.

I mention all that because it's one thing to read about a natural disaster and see videos on TV, but when you've actually been to and spent time in the specific areas of damage, the emotional impact is significantly greater.

All the best to you & Karen as you make your way through the recovery process.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote