Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2022, 05:09 AM   #15
chs

We have been using this one on and off for the last couple years. Works great.
That said, we paid 68.00 for it and Amazon has it for 171.00 right now.

Looking at the reviews on this and others, there are complaints that the ice melts and does not stay frozen. DUH! They are ice makers not ice keepers like a freezer. You need to keep bagging the ice after a few runs.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
chs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jagmoor
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Check this out. We have one, and it works. You have to add water, but aside from that, it makes pretty nifty little tubular ice cubes. And it makes them quickly. It makes about a dozen "cubes" that are little cylinders about 1 Ľ" long by ľ" wide with a Ľ" hole thru the middle. It produces them about every 8 minutes, or so.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frigidair...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
We bought one from Amazon for 89.00 Andy it’s perfect. Wouldn’t be without one and I had no idea such an animal existed until I saw one being used at another Coach.
jagmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 04:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We used a portable ice maker with our travel trailer for years. It worked fine. DW picked up the last one on Amazon for about $100.

My ice maker in the MH does not work unless I'm running 120 AC or connected to shore power.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 03:34 AM   #18

Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
“Constant Samsung no ice ordeal is getting old”
We got our ice maker replaced. Campers Edge extended warranty covered it.
jkinnebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:54 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Poppedclams Did you ever contact Samsung on the recall replacement?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:32 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
I feel I am missing something here. I understand the ice maker is having issues, but while you (or any coach owner in the audience) are solving the problem, purchase a $2 bag of ice and a few $1 ice trays and problem is temporarily solved. Once you have the ice maker issue resolved, toss the ice trays in a drawer until needed.

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 06:53 AM   #21

Ice Maker

i second the $100 Frigidare. We're in south Texas (hot), so we keep it running most of the day. It has been bulletproof for aboout 9 months now. Costco had the same one for $89 last time we were in the store. We prefer Costco due to their 'satisfaction' warranty. Any product is returnable whenever (90 days for electronics).

If anybody is considering the 'soft' ice GE Opal, our experience (and friends) has been woeful. Continually not working, and 4x the cost.
FT Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:47 AM   #22

Never buy a Samsung appliance!! Phone, ok, TV ok, but no appliance. We remodeled kitchen in our house. Samsung 4 door refrigerator, failed after one year, Samsung super duper dishwasher, never worked correctly, failed after about 14 months, Samsung electric range, failed after about 1 year, but clock timer never worked correctly, Samsung microwave with built in toaster oven, failed in 6 months. Samsung washer and dryer are still working.

That complaining done, look at IHome. about 1 foot square and works well enough.
Garyaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:06 PM   #23

Samsung

Called Samsung and indicated ice maker issues. They requested serial # and set up a service call. I never mentioned it being installed in a MH. Repair person was very surprised because in addition to replacuHing ice maker, caulking and replacing various parts he needed to pull out unit and change out circuit board. So far it appears to be functioning normally. All done at no charge. He said he would not like to repair another one in a MH.
dredcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:32 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I purchased a used 2017 Anthem with a Samsung fridge in June '22. Right after I got it home the icemaker quit working. I "chatted" with Samsung several times about it and they said my warranty was over in 2017, I finally mentioned the "class action lawsuit" to the customer service rep and they QUICKLY said they had no idea what I was talking about but they were just trying their best to help me resolve my issue. ( I thought it was comical how quickly they wanted me to stop talking about that lawsuit). They next told me that they were going to pay for the replacement parts....AND the labor to repair the icemaker! They travelled about 45 minutes to my coach and I had to have the fridge out of the hole for them to work on it, which was it's OWN story, but I was able to wrestle it out without removing wood trim or cut carpet! Took the tech about an hour and I have a perfectly working icemaker now! replacing fridge was much easier going back in! Good luck!!! PS...I also had a countertop icemaker from when I had my old coach (norcold) because it made ice when IT wanted to....not when I wanted it! LOL
Good luck!
Tim
930guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 06:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtJoyce View Post
We used a portable ice maker with our travel trailer for years. It worked fine. DW picked up the last one on Amazon for about $100.

My ice maker in the MH does not work unless I'm running 120 AC or connected to shore power.
It should be on your inverter if you have one. The propane fridge side is not on the inverter.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:08 AM   #26

I can't always trust the quality of the water coming into the coach, so I would rather just buy a bag of ice and keep it in the freezer. Yes I have the triple filter system but sometimes the water still stinks. Don't think I've ever even used my ice maker.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 08:02 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
I have a Samsung frig at home in the house I bought. Yes, the ice maker stinks.

We bought this portable ice maker we use at home and in the RV (stored in closet). We make ice for group events and just put the produced cubes in a bin in the freezer. With reverse osmosis water it produces very clear, clean cubes.

https://www.amazon.com/Machine-Count...904010ad0&th=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF413242-3233-4A93-B9B5-4C1E7E3750CE.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	375848  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 02:52 AM   #28

Today we heard the auger in our samsung turning. I have made sure a new filter.. water does get dispensed ice is set to cube Dunno I can't pull the fridge my back is more than shot. Lol