Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2017, 04:56 PM   #71

Entegra Owners Club
Dan, it's amazing what we can learn from professionals. I got my start from a water store here in my town and have been learning from professionals and others on the forum ever since. I haven't used a drying towel in 10 years and keep trying to improve my systems. I still don't have a total of one "store bought" system in all of the homemade DI units I have and they all still work. Storage space is the big thing for me as I am handicapped with a 42 ft for now
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #72

You can take care of that storage issue in July when you visit the factory.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #73

my version

Here is my version for the house and I am building a single stage for the RV.

I use the same quick connect on all my water connection at the house so it is easy to swap out without a lot of twisting. I put the valve in the middle because it gave me a handle and some stability.

Will not get to test it out for a while, not going to be car or RV washing weather for a few days here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8921.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	571.2 KB
ID:	162931   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8922.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	162932  

Name:	IMG_8923.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	481.3 KB
ID:	162933  
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 AM   #74

Entegra Owners Club
Nice double barrels unit that will do the same job as a Store Bought unit. I put all my quick disconnects on yesterday that fit the hose at the MH. (I can never remember which is on what end ) so I have to do it up there.
Going to cut down on hose storage today and pick up a new Zero G hose. Lowe's also has them at the same price.https://www.amazon.com/4001-50-Light.../dp/B014M9PEXC
It's time to retire the large outside hose reel and make room for the new DI unit and pressure washer.

This is one of those things I hope I never have to use, but we all know that will never happen.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Nice double barrels unit that will do the same job as a Store Bought unit. I put all my quick disconnects on yesterday that fit the hose at the MH. (I can never remember which is on what end ) so I have to do it up there.
Going to cut down on hose storage today and pick up a new Zero G hose. Lowe's also has them at the same price.https://www.amazon.com/4001-50-Light.../dp/B014M9PEXC
It's time to retire the large outside hose reel and make room for the new DI unit and pressure washer.

This is one of those things I hope I never have to use, but we all know that will never happen.
Chuck, I know you will but please post pics.

I had one of those hoses, but the first time I used in on a concrete pat the cover tore off and it burst halfway thought washing the Jeep. Maybe I was just too rough on it.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited(his)
bamaspiveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #76

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, I see the WFPF38001C housing but it has a carbon cartridge. So do you remove the cartridge and fill with resin?
Thanks,
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #77

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaspiveys View Post
Chuck, I know you will but please post pics.

I had one of those hoses, but the first time I used in on a concrete pat the cover tore off and it burst halfway thought washing the Jeep. Maybe I was just too rough on it.
I just returned from Lowe's and picked up the Zero G hose. It's not the first run collapsible "pocket hose", those thing were absolute junk, as we both found out They had a thin plastic tube in the center that was paper thin, but they "fit in your pocket". The Zero G is not that small, but a lot smaller than my current large 50 ft hose reel.

This new Zero G force hose is nice with a 5 year guarantee and rated for 600 PSI. It is heavy cloth covered, not the thin plastic junk the other ones were. The inner core looks to be flexible vinyl and not plastic tubing. I bought it at Lowe's $29.98, so that gives me an "on the road" guarantee. I learned my lesson the last time. I hope to get my new "wash bay" organized next week. I'll lay everything out before putting it away and take a pic.

Another nice feature is it's drinking water safe. I can leave my extension drinking water hose at home, this takes up less room.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:01 PM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks guys......I was showing the wife this and she saw the post by Chuck about doing the windows, so she was like hell yeah get it.

This will be awesome, things really just get dusty here in the desert, so this will work out great, rinse the dust off with regular tap water, then mist it with the resin, should cut the time by 3/4. Before I rinsed 1/4 section of the RV at a time, drying in between, so it would not spot.

Do you guys recommend a mister nozzle or the sprinkler head for rinsing the RV and windows? I do have a Karcher pressure washer, should I use that instead of the mister?
Old 05-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #79

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Chuck, I see the WFPF38001C housing but it has a carbon cartridge. So do you remove the cartridge and fill with resin?
Thanks,
Richard
Richard, see post #1 for the parts list. Substitute the DuPont filter housing for the original, the remaining parts and resin will be the same except the shut off valves are no longer needed.
The charcoal filter I will use in the house filter in the MH.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:19 PM   #80

Entegra Owners Club
CJ7365 if the pressure washer has an adjustable nozzle to where it sprays a fine mist is what I will be using. You can make a long reach spray wand with a stick of PVC and a half head sprinkler nozzle. Perfect rinse mist and easy to store. Mine is in 2 screw together pieces. See Doggie Daddy's photo post.

For the windows, I would use the pressure washer, to wash and DI rinse. Just watched another spot free sunset.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:22 PM   #81

Entegra Owners Club
As requested, photo showing new wash station with DI rinse unit and storage box. One thing I forgot to add was a vacuum sealed bag of resin for a cartridge refill. That will be added to the DI equipment box. It all fit nicely in the bay getting rid of my old large hose reel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-05-26 14.55.45 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	494
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	163126   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-26 15.00.04 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	399
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	163127  

Old 06-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #82

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought all of the parts and will be making mine this week. Thank you for posting all of the information! I have looked at CR units for years, but didn't like the price for what looked like $50 in parts. I am going to try this with a Ryobi electric pw and a foam lance.
Gatoratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:48 AM   #83

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoratty View Post
I bought all of the parts and will be making mine this week. Thank you for posting all of the information! I have looked at CR units for years, but didn't like the price for what looked like $50 in parts. I am going to try this with a Ryobi electric pw and a foam lance.
I think you will like the setup, mine sure worked well on the windows of the house. So well I had to make another one for the house If it passed the DW test, it is perfect. I now have 2 units and still less than half the cost of a store bought unit. The foam cannon arrives today..smart move on the Ryobi pressure washer, I wish I would have waited until this post was made and learned about that one.

Watching Youtube videos, the soap can be turned off on the foam cannon, the adjustable nozzle will mist for DI rinse without having to change anything on the wand. Rinse with tap water before misting with DI, the resin will last much longer. Let us know how your unit works.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
After refilling or filling the cartridge with new resin, it is inserted in the top,....... on top of the resin before the cap is screwed on.
Does anyone know what round foam piece is supposed to accomplish? Is it for filtration, flow, or just take up space to pack the resign fill??

See #34/35 on this post.
vapor3000 is offline   Reply With Quote