Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2015, 09:52 PM   #1

In motion

satellite keeps losing signal and picture pixelates and shuts off any advice or warranty period info on the in motion I have talked to winegard they could not get it working either I bought a new box to check and it does the same with the new box. ThX
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 05:48 AM   #2

Not sure if your talking about when your stationary or traveling. Mine will search for a signal in the morning after being turned off at night for quite a while but once it finds the signal it works fine until turned off. If traveling it will pixel are depending on the trees, overpasses, etc. But works fine if it's clear. I always try to get a clear signal before leaving by stopping someplace clear. I've had to go in to the menu and do the set up to make sure I get all the satellites as I have dish and need to bring in all 3 satellites.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:55 AM   #3

JR

What could be worse than taking a cold shower and then not have good sat tv to watch!

Just a thought..if the dome up top is very dirty and/or more importantly if it is dented slightly you could have those problems.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:00 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny, this may sound funny but it did happen. I good friend of mine had the same problem, nothing blocking the sat signal from the ground, so he went up on the roof to remove the dome cover and discovered his problem.....a big glob of bird poop right where the LNB was pointing. He said it must have been an eagle!

If there is dew on the dome early in the morning, it can cause that problem. Does your do it all of the time, morning, evening or just when ever it want to?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
In Motion in my opinion is worthless! Direct TV can only supply SD, any little obstruction and I mean really LITTLE and you lose signal, had to get Direct TV to resend authorization every time I'd turn it on, had it replaced twice in warranty because it couldn't locate the satellite ... finally just dumped the subscription. When we upgrade I'll be sure to get the Traveler.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
John,

Just a guess, but do you have on of those swaying palms at the front of your pad. You don't mention DirectTV or Dish, but there are sites on the internet that show your site on Google and the relative direction of the satellites. This would give you an idea if you have an obstruction. In the case of LVMC, the palms are not so high that it would have to be right at the front of your pad. As one previous OP mentioned, you could have dirt or bird poop on the dome. Unlikely it is dewfall, but there has been an occasional dewfall in the last month; combined with a lot of dust, the dome might have gotten heavily dusted up in the "wrong" place.

The fact that you are getting signal, but it is pixelating is usually an obstruction or a pointing problem. If you have DirectTV, there is a functioning the settings that you can work your way to on screen that gives relative signal strength which might tell you more. It helped me ID that I had a slightly bent feed arm on my Traveler and was not pointing the right way (0.5 degrees off). Can take a look when we come back out on Monday or Tuesday to drop off some paperwork. On site on Wed.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I always check the direction of the satellite just by observing the dishes on other coaches in the park.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #8

Dtv is always SouthWest..when staionary
Old 01-25-2015, 11:21 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IN MOTION means a dome, This means a smaller reflector and a plastic cover over it.

A smaller reflector means less signal, it's that simple, the bigger the dish the better the dish up to a point of diminishing returns. (Actually a bit beyond that point). The smaller the dish the weaker the sigal.

It also means half a dish (Again 3dB less signal)

And if the cover gets wet or dirty,,, More loss.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
If you have a smartphone the app "Satellite AR" is an outstanding app to see where your satellite system is in relation to the satellites in the sky. No guess work and it will show you on the screen if you have the slightest twig or branch in the way. It's a "free" app on Android, don't know about iphone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gmentedreality

I use as soon as we park before dropping the jacks should I need to move a foot or two.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #11

Thx gang dave Friday night was a huge blowout I felt it all day Saturday til I had a couple bloody Mary's looks like I will have dave throw me up some of that fancy dollar store cleaner chuck mentioned before dave I won't drink b4 I get up there however you could toss me up a couple brews so I can enjoy the downtown vegas view from up top I have not had any issues there up til now so it must be crud on it or something like you guys said Corey I needed a cold shower Saturday morning. Pheeeew. Thx for the pointers gang
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote