Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #1

In motion satellite dish blurry on all TVS

on my 2013 Aspire 42RBQ.

The TVs comes in crystal clear when using the crank up over the air antenna.

Not the same with the Winegard Roadtrip dome that comes standard. I checked the connections (composite) , and others, that are above the main TV. The satellite cable is tight going into the receiver.

All the push buttons are correct on the selector.

I removed the panel in the bathroom to see if any connectors could be seen and loose, but that is a whole bunch of wires, and hard to follow

The dome finds the satellites just fine

Dish VIP211K

Anyone ?
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Has it alway been blurry ?

Is the receiver software updated ?
JFGOBUCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You said blurry, not pixelated (quite a difference)

My guess.... Channel 3/4 issues.

However that said.. I had an occasional blurry/fuzzy picture on my ANalog TV's. the converter was delivering razor sharp video, but it was very "Snowy" at the TV's. Found the antenna conectors were very loose, Mostly on ye old box of many buttons but I found a few others that needed serious tighetning too.
7/16" or 11mm (I think) should fit do not over tighten (Finger tight is recommended but I go a bit tighter, say 5 foot pounds)
Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #4

Just picked up the coach last week, this was the first time we tried the RoadTrip system...Yes, software was updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGOBUCS View Post
Has it alway been blurry ?

Is the receiver software updated ?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
how are the TV's connected

HDMI
Analog
RF

Pick one please
Old 08-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #6

Coaxial, but the over the air station come in crystal clear., on all television. The Winegard Roadtrip outputs in composite, to a switchbox, that distributes to the 4 televisions...

I also went on the roof to ensure the cable connectors were tight, removed the dome to ensure everything was tight. No improvement when I attempted to jiggle the connectors on the roof

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
how are the TV's connected

HDMI
Analog
RF

Pick one please
Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
With a satellite receiver, at least on dish network, either you receive as good a picture as they are transmitting, or you get a screen telling you that the signal has been lost. There is no in-between like there is in analog broadcast television where it gets fuzzy.
Your having a picture tells me that everything from the satellite dish to the dish receiver is good, your problem lies either in the satellite receiver, in the television, or in the wiring between. The latter is the MOST LIKELY, or with some of the newer dish receivers, the choice of output channels.

If your receiver is like mine(722 at home, my mobile receiver is ancient and only supports channel 3 or 4), you have a choice of outputting on a range of channels, and outputting as either cable or antenna. You have to make sure that these settings match those on your television, or you'll get a bad signal - cable and antenna feeds use different frequencies for different channels, so getting that wrong will get a fuzzy picture. With my LCD TV and dish receiver, if all the other signal sources are off, I can even get a watchable but fuzzy picture through the switchbox (on the correct channel) even if the box is switched to another source! Check everything...
Old 08-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #8

I appreciate you help, thank you

I give try your suggestions early next week

Thanks

With a satellite receiver, at least on dish network, either you receive as good a picture as they are transmitting, or you get a screen telling you that the signal has been lost. There is no in-between like there is in analog broadcast television where it gets fuzzy.
Your
Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
Is that Winegard capable of providing a high def signal to the TV? And is your receiver an HD type? Basic questions, but just want to be sure.....
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
If all TVs are 'blurry' then it is the cable or connections between satellite receiver and your box of many buttons. If your signal travels from receiver to box, cable could be pulled part way out of a connection or try using another input on your box of many buttons from satellite receiver. Good luck.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 AM   #11

Yes, on both accounts.

The receiver is a VIP211k

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabman View Post
Is that Winegard capable of providing a high def signal to the TV? And is your receiver an HD type? Basic questions, but just want to be sure.....
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #12

Try connecting the receiver directly to the TV with a different coax cable, bypassing the switch.
You should eventually convert everything to HD eventually. So you should look at connecting some TV's with HDMI cables...
Old 08-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will go back to a channel 3/4 issue, The RF-OUT on the Sat receiver can be on Channel Three or on Channel 4, same for your DVD player's modulator I might add.

IF your TV is on 3 and your Sat receiver on 4 (or the other way around) you MIGHT get a very bad signal (or no signal at all)

Another thought... You may need to re-scan the TV to get it to "See" the receiver properly.

On the MAIN tv, if you have the inputs, try using A/V or HDMI (Whatever the receiver has for outputs) This only works on the Main however.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #14

If your using channel 3 or 4 you aren't using the HD side of the Sat reciever. You need to change the input on your tv to what ever you have hooked to the Reciever. It sounds like it would be your component leads. You can't get HD thru a Coax from the receiver to the tv. Has to be component cables R-B-G or HDMI. Your getting HD over the air from the tv's internal receiver. If you go thru a switch it has to be component or HDMI also.

One of the best things you could get is a label maker.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, satellite