Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS DELTA View Post
I installed my own trav'ler , but could not without the wiring diagram CS sent me. Getting the dish on top was the hard part, not mounting it. here is the diagram for those who would like it.
You can use this approach, but you have to run the power back through the coach to the panel (at least that's what it appeared to me, because the power cords are different). For me, I left the In Motion power alone. It still runs to the panel above PS. I placed the Traveller in front of the #3 AC, ran coaxial to the front In Motion connections for the satellite signal (so I didn't have to run any new wiring through the coach for that). We did drill one hole through the roof to the closet, where I have m satellite controller setting, plugging into the receptacle (using a power strip/surge guard) on the back wall of the closet (where the washer dryer plug in).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2014, 12:09 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
You gotta BUY the WINEGUARD TRAVELER..Keep the one that came with the coach for future trade in ! Traveler has great reception!!

Bob & Karen, mini Aussies Shilioh & BonnieBlue..2013 Anthem
Krafty52k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
To answer your question about selling the dome.....when I upgraded the dome on the TS to a Traveler, I had no problem selling the dome on Craigslist. I have been able to sell anything RV related that I no longer have a use for on Craigslist. Lots of people fixing up older RV's and used equipment and RV furniture is easy to sell.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
can u do both
Yes you can have both. On my 2014 Aspire it came with the in-motion dome, plus is pre-wired for the Traveler. Basically all you have to do is mount the Traveler on the roof and then plug it in. The control box wire is in the entertainment center and the coax is in the basement where you would install the splitter. The pre-wire would work for Dish or Direct, but you have to purchase a Traveler specific to either Dish or Direct. To switch between the dome and Traveler, you would swap the input on back of receiver.

James
Old 05-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I ordered the factory Winegard Travlr for DirectTV then retrofitted it for Dish. That's not terribly hard if you are technically inclined. My previous Aspire had the dome. If I was doing it again I'd say if you are sold on DirectTV just order the Winegard Travlr. If you want Dish Network I'd take the dome and have a good satellite installer later install the Travlr and keep the dome. Dave (DSL417) did it that way. I don't think you'll get much for a used dome setup and the wiring is not the same. Leaving the old dome allows you the future capability of in motion use like listening to music or a big ball game someday.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post

I don't want to keep my In-Motion. I understand my coach is completely wired for the Trav'ler, I have located 2 extra wires in the entertainment cabinet. I think all I need to do is get someone to remove the In-Motion and install a Trav'ler in the same location. I can confirm that with CS tomorrow.

We did exactly that with our Phaeton. Removed the in-motion dome and replaced it with our Trav'ler that was on our previous mh. We had to run the control/power wire cable to a front electrical cabinet and used the two in-motion cables that were already there that ran to our entertainment cabinet that is located in the bedroom. After the install was completed, I found out that my coach was already wired for the Trav'ler and had I known that, I would have left the in-motion dome there and just installed the Trav'ler in its correct place (about mid-coach).

My biggest question is the value, trade-in or otherwise, of my In-Motion. Is there value or do we just bite the bullet, trash the In-Motion and buy a Trav'ler?

I would think that the majority of people will desire the Trav'ler over the in-motion...so the value (at least to me) would be better with the Trav'ler.

From all those choosing Trav'ler I think Entegra is making the wrong antenna standard; Trav'ler should be baseline and those that want to try to watch satellite TV on the road can try an In-Motion. As bad as it is while stationary I think it would be a complete waste of time while underway.

It seems most coach mfg'ers are going not only with DTV (instead of DISH) and the in-motion dome (instead of the Trav'ler). Not sure why, but this seems to be the case.
Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
I think as others have said you might be able to sell the dome on Craigslist. To an RV-er that has a 5-10 year old RV with the older styles of antenna this might be a bargain in the $300-$500 range.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
Txbart, if you venture into the Houston area Sat2Go is a great vendor and installer. Not the cheapest but 1st class work
Second that, just had my SWM 3 installed by Dave at a Sat2Go and he was awesone. The price including rebate for the inMotion was $1700 PLUS TAX. We couldn't be happier with reception and the Genie dvr
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #23

I just bought a 2014 Anthem, had the Winegard Traveler installed right away. Works great/Direct TV/good combination, no trouble at all, very happy
prophoto7 is offline   Reply With Quote