Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2023, 06:43 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Just had that done on my 2014 Anthem. Black tank was fine thanks to the built-in sprayers.
Gray tank would read 0-18 and 82-100 fine, everything else read 82 or 86. Tried all the different cleaning suggestions, nothing worked until the pressure wash. It looked almost as bad as a black tank draining and smelled 10 times worse. Now all sensors read right.
Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2023, 07:28 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Why not go to the Dallas store of NIRVC?
I would LOVE to go to Dallas if that were an option. It's my understanding after talking to the folks in Dallas that because of the franchise agreements between Entegra and NIRVC-Dallas and Entegra - MHSRV, that the Dallas location is not allowed to do warranty or recall work on Entegras. They can do regular repair work (and I've been there for that), but they are not allowed to do recalls or warranty work on Entegras. I guess it is to protect the territory of MHSRV, but I refuse to let those folks touch my coach. Really unfortunate that I had to drive 800 miles for the recalls.
neilnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 08:19 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilnoff View Post
I would LOVE to go to Dallas if that were an option. It's my understanding after talking to the folks in Dallas that because of the franchise agreements between Entegra and NIRVC-Dallas and Entegra - MHSRV, that the Dallas location is not allowed to do warranty or recall work on Entegras. They can do regular repair work (and I've been there for that), but they are not allowed to do recalls or warranty work on Entegras. I guess it is to protect the territory of MHSRV, but I refuse to let those folks touch my coach. Really unfortunate that I had to drive 800 miles for the recalls.
What a shame, I was not aware of the warranty situation at Dallas. Nashville would not be any closer than Atlanta. Your opinion of MHSRV is the same as mine about Lazy Days and they are only 125 miles from me. Nope! won't go there.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:10 AM   #18

Just to clarify, I could have the recall work done in Dallas if I had purchased the coach from NIRVC. Even though I visited their Dallas location when we were shopping, I bought it elsewhere because NIRVC in Dallas was not allowed to sell Entegras.

I was contacted by NIRVC-Atlanta yesterday. Looks like I'll have the recall re-done in Middlebury in October. I'll contact them (Entegra CS) in the next few days to try to ensure I don't have to pay for the recall as a "new" problem, because it occurred as soon as the recall was initially performed.

I'm still very positive about all of this, but I can certainly understand why this type of BS drives many people out of RVing into other hobbies. For crying out loud, this is not rocket science, it's a way to measure the amount of crap in a box. Why is this so difficult??

Anyway, safe travels all & good luck!
Old 04-04-2023, 05:49 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I have a nephew in Waller, TX who opened up an RV repair/service shop late last year. He's been mechanic his entire life. Worked at Prevost in Dallas for a number of years before moving to the Houston area. He and his son now run Premier Coach Services, LLC, 20345 Binford Rd, Suite B, Waller, TX 77484. 713-575-9580 They do coach and chassis work so they are full service. They are colocated with an RV storage facility there. Only problem with them is they are too far from me! Give them a call.
jloftice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloftice View Post
I have a nephew in Waller, TX who opened up an RV repair/service shop late last year. He's been mechanic his entire life. Worked at Prevost in Dallas for a number of years before moving to the Houston area. He and his son now run Premier Coach Services, LLC, 20345 Binford Rd, Suite B, Waller, TX 77484. 713-575-9580 They do coach and chassis work so they are full service. They are colocated with an RV storage facility there. Only problem with them is they are too far from me! Give them a call.
Thanks for passing this along. I will definitely keep this on hand for future service needs. Waller is certainly closer than Atlanta or Middlebury Thanks again!
Old 04-06-2023, 07:35 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
You're welcome and my sentiments too. Middlebury is closer for me but takes forever to get in and they won't work with my extended service provider! They've been in the business a while but only on their own since the end of last year. Hope to hear some good experiences here if anyone uses them.
jloftice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 10:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Just to clarify, I could have the recall work done in Dallas if I had purchased the coach from NIRVC. Even though I visited their Dallas location when we were shopping, I bought it elsewhere because NIRVC in Dallas was not allowed to sell Entegras.

I was contacted by NIRVC-Atlanta yesterday. Looks like I'll have the recall re-done in Middlebury in October. I'll contact them (Entegra CS) in the next few days to try to ensure I don't have to pay for the recall as a "new" problem, because it occurred as soon as the recall was initially performed.

I'm still very positive about all of this, but I can certainly understand why this type of BS drives many people out of RVing into other hobbies. For crying out loud, this is not rocket science, it's a way to measure the amount of crap in a box. Why is this so difficult??

Anyway, safe travels all & good luck!

Update to my above post. I did get a response very promptly from Joyce Skinner at Entegra Customer Service (she is awesome!). She explained that because my coach is out of warranty, and because Entegra essentially paid NIRVC-ATL to have the recall work done, I would need to get it back to the servicing location within 90 days if there is a problem. If it's due to a bad part, Entegra would cover it and if it's a labor problem, then NIRVC would take care of it. I understand the reasoning and can appreciate Entegra's position. But, I'm home now and unfortunately, I won't be able to get back to Atlanta within the 90 day period from when the recall was completed. In addition, with the expense of a 1600 mile roundtrip from Houston to Atlanta and back, it will probably be less expensive (hopefully) to have it done by Entegra as a "repair" when I'm there for Entegra University in October. This may also cause me to postpone any recalls until I experience a problem. This one went from all things working fine, to not working worth a darn, and it's going to cost me hundreds (at least) to get it back to working the way it was before the recall was performed.

A lot of the above posts in this thread highlight the importance of service availability when shopping for a coach. Floorplans, brand names, amenities, color schemes, engine size, etc. are fine, but proximity of a good, reliable service location is equally important in my opinion. I love my Anthem and all things Entegra, but being here in Texas and having to go to Atlanta or Middlebury for service is a major headache. Based on what I know now, if I was to do it all over again after selling my Essex, in shopping for a new coach, I would likely have purchased a Mountain Aire or London Aire from NIRVC-Dallas. That way, I would only be 4 hours away if any warranty or recall work is needed. Anyway, I'm stepping off my soapbox now -- sorry to be a negative Nellie.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:16 AM   #23
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Hello, my name is Eddie Braley and I am the General Manager out of the Lewisville location for NIRVC. If you could give me a call, I would be more than happy to try to help you with this situation so you do not have to make a return trip to Atlanta. I understand it is still an inconvenience for the 5 Hour drive to Lewisville but I am certain we can get you taken care of.

Safe Travels!!

Quote:
Update to my above post. I did get a response very promptly from Joyce Skinner at Entegra Customer Service (she is awesome!). She explained that because my coach is out of warranty, and because Entegra essentially paid NIRVC-ATL to have the recall work done, I would need to get it back to the servicing location within 90 days if there is a problem. If it's due to a bad part, Entegra would cover it and if it's a labor problem, then NIRVC would take care of it. I understand the reasoning and can appreciate Entegra's position. But, I'm home now and unfortunately, I won't be able to get back to Atlanta within the 90 day period from when the recall was completed. In addition, with the expense of a 1600 mile roundtrip from Houston to Atlanta and back, it will probably be less expensive (hopefully) to have it done by Entegra as a "repair" when I'm there for Entegra University in October. This may also cause me to postpone any recalls until I experience a problem. This one went from all things working fine, to not working worth a darn, and it's going to cost me hundreds (at least) to get it back to working the way it was before the recall was performed.

A lot of the above posts in this thread highlight the importance of service availability when shopping for a coach. Floorplans, brand names, amenities, color schemes, engine size, etc. are fine, but proximity of a good, reliable service location is equally important in my opinion. I love my Anthem and all things Entegra, but being here in Texas and having to go to Atlanta or Middlebury for service is a major headache. Based on what I know now, if I was to do it all over again after selling my Essex, in shopping for a new coach, I would likely have purchased a Mountain Aire or London Aire from NIRVC-Dallas. That way, I would only be 4 hours away if any warranty or recall work is needed. Anyway, I'm stepping off my soapbox now -- sorry to be a negative Nellie.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

GM Dallas 469-277-8589
Eddie Braley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 08:15 AM   #24

Eddie: Thanks very much for your response. I'll be in touch Monday morning. Have a great weekend
Old 06-01-2023, 09:15 AM   #25

Final update to the tank sensor issue: I had my appointment at NIRVC in Lewisville this week and (like their Atlanta shop) they found no problems with the new sensors, even though they are not reading accurately. They flushed and dumped the tanks several times, checked the sensors and there were no apparent problems. Their recommendation was to continue to dump as we travel, fill to 50% with clear water, add chemicals, then drive to the next location, dump & repeat the process. They think there is something stuck to the side of the tank and that it might eventually clear itself by following the above steps. I have absolutely no problem paying for the time it takes techs to try and diagnose a problem, but I'm now officially done with this. After $400 (twice) to be told there is no problem with the new See-Level sensors , I've come to the following conclusions:

1. Never ever do another factory recall for any reason. I had holding tanks working fine, then after the Entegra recall & $800, they are now reading incorrectly.
2. Accept the fact that my gray & black tank levels will never be correct. We don't really boondock, other than an occasional Harvest Host, so it's not a big deal to keep a mental eye on the usage. I'll just estimate the tank levels and make sure I dump before there is an overage.
3. NIRVC techs & service advisors are very helpful. They seem to be sincerely interested in taking care of the customer and I guess because two different locations came up with the exact same conclusion, I'll just live with it until time for the next coach. We left Lewisville on a 6-month trip to the northwest and I'm not going to let this ruin the fun.

Take care all & safe travels this summer!
Old 06-01-2023, 12:13 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Neil, I hear what you are saying about updates. After the charging issue I fought for 3 months with a trip to the factory and Firefly, I will no long update if everything is working. If it ain't broke.....don't fix it. My tank sensor never worked from new, so the sensor updated did fix those. I have not updated the Vega Touch since .11 and didn't have to go though the charging problem of .14

As for the sensor working, the Travel Supreme, the days before computers, the tank monitors never worked either. The Geo method, Calgon water softener and soap between trip would get them working for a day or two at most. We all learn the sight, smell, sound method. If you saw water in the shower the gray tank needed dumping now. If the bathroom started to smell the Black tank needed dumping. If you could no longer hear water going into the tanks, they both needed dumping. Keeping track of days between dumps was a good method of not getting to the others. Sorry you are having to go back the Antique methods of the Travel Supreme with the tank sensors.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:01 PM   #27

Chuck - Thanks for the response and you gave me a good laugh with your comments. Looks like I'll be using the "SSS Method" until further notice. I guess what gets me is that I'm not a big believer in coincidences & it strikes me as a huge coincidence that my tank sensors were working just fine, then as soon as the new sensors for the recall were installed, there is something stuck to the wall of not only the black tank, but also the gray tank (because it doesn't read correctly either). Timing just seems weird to me, but so be it.

Just an idea for Entegra -- how about in the 2025 models, just installing dipsticks for the tanks, accessible from the wet bay? No more sensor problems, no more VegaTouch hiccups for the tank readings, etc, and it would simplify things for everyone

Take care & safe travels--
Old 06-03-2023, 08:40 AM   #28

Or add a sight glass like coffee percolators have/had
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank