Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
My window doesn't creak, but the wood surround does. I've tried multiple times to fix, but haven't been successful yet. Perhaps next spring when I get to the factory....
Yes, this is exactly what the problem is. What have you tried in the past? What worked well for me was inserting an insulating layer of something (black electrical tape works well) between the window trim ring and the wall edge and especially over the styrofoam to have a chance of reducing the noise. I used 3 or 4 overlapping strips to achieve the necessary width. It seems to have done the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Same coach, same problems. Sound is akin to fingernails on a chalk board and suddenly began when miles passed 5000. The water leak runs down the inside track as you described, but apparently cannot drain out a weep hole at the front bottom and therefore it overflows the track.

Looking for answers here before calling CS.
It's not uncommon for the weep hole to become plugged, but why they chose a design that a) brings exterior water inside the coach, and b) relies on a small, single weep hole which is easily plugged to drain this water... is beyond me. You may be able to manually unplug the weep hole, which should take care of one of the problems. The creaking issue was relatively easy to fix, as long as you have the right-angled square driver for the left and upper sections.

I spoke to a number of different people at Entegra about this, and none of them had ever heard of it. I even recorded the popping sound while driving so they had an idea of how loud it was, how frequent it was, and hopefully, how annoying it was. But in the end, I had to fix it myself to ensure that it was really fixed, and fixed properly.

BTW, I will say that turning up the radio does not work to mask this sound. It is a sharp cracking or popping sound that really cannot be covered up by music, unless you're playing it at earsplitting volume levels. And, it's right behind your left ear.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmats View Post
Yes, this is exactly what the problem is.........

It's not uncommon for the weep hole to become plugged,

but why they chose a design that a) brings exterior water inside the coach, and b) relies on a small, single weep hole which is easily plugged to drain this.................

Any help you can provide about where the weep hole(s) is located will be helpful. I'm not seeing ANY. From outside the window it appears to be well sealed with black sealant.
Do I need to remove the rubber insert inside where the window slides and look for where I can poke thru? Thanks.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #17

Same for me.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Any help you can provide about where the weep hole(s) is located will be helpful. I'm not seeing ANY. From outside the window it appears to be well sealed with black sealant.
Do I need to remove the rubber insert inside where the window slides and look for where I can poke thru? Thanks.
The weep holes are in the forward bottom edge of the window. The inner channel weep holes are just in front of the window stop knob and the outer channel holes are in line with these. In the picture look where the dust/dirt spots are, these are the weep holes. On the outside if there is caulking at the bottom forward corner then the holes will be plugged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	428.7 KB
ID:	135172  

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 05:19 PM   #19

I used a long thin stiff feeler gauge to clean out weep holes. Mine were more of a flat slot instead of a hole.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
The weep holes are in the forward bottom edge of the window. The inner channel weep holes are just in front of the window stop knob and the outer channel holes are in line with these. In the picture look where the dust/dirt spots are, these are the weep holes. On the outside if there
is caulking at the bottom forward corner then the holes will be plugged.
Good picture and description, thanks. We are currently stranded in Rockford IL waiting for Coach-Net to send a service tech so I just looked at the outside lower outside edge of the window to see if it's caulked... and it isn't, which is good. However, I noticed a couple of spots where they did a rather poor caulk job and there are openings or gaps in the seal on the front/vertical edge. The window was just replaced at Entegra last month so I'm not impressed with the quality of their work. An easy fix, yes, but should not be necessary.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:03 AM   #21

When I was back at Entegra after one year to have my bad roof leaks found and stopped, the techs slopped clear silicone all over the top side of my front cap, and then simply cleaned it off with a rag, which left 15% of the silicone smeared all over the paint. They also repaired a metal rail along the side of the coach and in sealing that with clear caulk, again, they smeared caulk all over the paint nearby and then appear to have simply wiped the caulk off with a rag, which of course leaves a smear wherever the caulk was initially. There are punch list items and they will either get the smeared caulk off all the places that it is located, or they will be repainting those sections of the coach at our 2 year in Middlebury in October

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:21 AM   #22

Known issues...

Entegra CS should know about this creaking issue. They published the attached doc with a remedy a couple years ago. We had it taken care of on our 2014 at the PDI just last spring.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rattles_front_seats.pdf (2.26 MB, 95 views)
Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same noise when I went thru my demo and test drive.
Nate at RVOne knew exactly what to do.

Nate unscrewed all the outside screws of the driver's window and slipped a foam type tape around the frame. Took him about 15-mins.

Noice gone!

It's been 6-8 months now with no issues.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
Entegra CS should know about this creaking issue. They published the attached doc with a remedy a couple years ago. We had it taken care of on our 2014 at the PDI just last spring.
You're right, Entegra customer service should have known about this creaking issue since it appears to have been reported earlier. Unfortunately, the 3 CS people I spoke with said they hadn't heard of it before. There have been several times where issues that were apparently known to them (because they were documented after others reported them) were said to be unknown when I reported them. Entegra told us that they use a binder full of documented fixes to common issues as a method of sharing break/fix information, but it's not working very well.

Your document outlines exactly what the source of the issue is, but in our case, the foam strip was already in place but did not have any effect. There was insufficient space between the wall panels and the metal trim piece to fit anything other than a strip or two of plastic electrical tape, and even then it was a very tight squeeze. This tightness was the reason there was so much creaking and popping as the two surfaces, squeezed so tightly together, moved against each other. I had purchased two different sizes of foam and rubber strips but none of these fit. The electrical tape did the job perfectly.

Tags
window