Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 11:12 AM   #1

Industries quietness ride??

Our 2019 Anthem does not fall into the quietest ride catagory...i say these due to the loud "wind tunnel" noise that seems to be directly in front of the passengers seat.
Anyone experiencing this or had something done to quiet it down?
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lp5151 View Post
Our 2019 Anthem does not fall into the quietest ride catagory...i say these due to the loud "wind tunnel" noise that seems to be directly in front of the passengers seat.
I agree! My coach is not the "Quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period" either from wind noises to rattling shades in front of the driver to the banging under the coach while highway driving. None of these can be duplicated by the dealer, so they can't fix them.
jestew3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestew3 View Post
I agree! My coach is not the "Quietest riding, best handling coach on the market today. Period" either from wind noises to rattling shades in front of the driver to the banging under the coach while highway driving. None of these can be duplicated by the dealer, so they can't fix them.
That's right...forgot to mention those dang front shades that ratttle going down the road.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #4

Quote:

Our 2019 Anthem has the same issue. We have tried various things, from adjusting the door, to taping the door shut with a service guy and us in it, to adjusting the front mirror, to sealing the door awning with no success yet. We are going to try one more thing yet. Here is a web site that shows multiple things to try. You will have to scroll down to door adjustments and wind noise issues.
www.entegracoach.com/uploads/files/brochures/Entrance Door Manual.pdf

let us know if you have any success!!!
Lundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #5

Yep I agree the front shades rattle relentlessly.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:29 PM   #6

Industries quietness ride??

Drive a different brand motor home and then you will see why entegra can say they build the quietest riding coach ... clearly these coaches can have issues and such that need to be tweaked.. not denying that one bit.. but my 14 classic anthem is as quiet as s class Mercedes .. maybe there not making them like they used too.. but I am sure it’s still quieter then most other brands...jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:04 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Ted Cook fixed my 14 by using spray foam in the aluminum channel from underneath that is between the door frame and the windshield post . It was 7 hours of trial and error.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
That's right...forgot to mention those dang front shades that ratttle going down the road.
Usually an easy fix using #10 woodscrews in place of the sheet metal mounting screws.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Drive a different brand motor home and then you will see why entegra can say they build the quietest riding coach ... clearly these coaches can have issues and such that need to be tweaked.. not denying that one bit.. but my 14 classic anthem is as quiet as s class Mercedes .. maybe there not making them like they used too.. but I am sure it’s still quieter then most other brands...jmo
X2.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post

I agree.....I almost bought a Tiffin Bus until I drove it. That coach was louder empty than the Entegra is full.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #11

Our coach has its moments!! These moments have to do with road conditions. We’ve been on some really nice roads were our coach has been extremely quiet and we’ve enjoyed it, but then we’ve been on some terrible roads were the noise from the road and chassis has driven us crazy, but for the most part the coach has been awesome!!!

The only wind noise that we’ve experienced has come from cross wind and at times when the wind has been blowing all over the place....

Other then this, our coach has performed awesomely......
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:25 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Unfortunately I have to add to this one. Our previous coach being a 2014 Winnebago Tour handled better and quieter. Our Cornerstone has many other features moving to the head of the line for superior coach. I wish ride and quietness was among those. It is draw which is quieter between our Cornerstone and our Jeep Wrangler towed vehicle. With it’s uninsulated fiberglass roof and metal box aerodynamics, the Jeep should be the louder one. As for handling I enjoyed driving the Tour on its Freightliner chassis. Steer it where you want it to go and it went there. The Cornerstone tends to go where it wants to and I steer it back in the direction I want it to go (near constantly). Spartan was very helpful working on the chassis and improving the ride, but still not up to our previous coach.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:27 AM   #13

My Monaco Diplomat had a very bad wind noise coming from the same area. I tried every type of reseal around the door I could think of with no success. Finally I checked out the frame around the door window and resealed it. No more wind noise!!
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:10 AM   #14

My Anthem is loud as all get out. Wind noise, rattling interior, squeaky captains chairs. I installed a high end aftermarket sound system which is useless while driving over 50mph.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quiet