RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2019, 01:25 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Infinity Vinyl Flooring

We were considering adding the Infinity Vinyl Flooring to our slide as a remodel, but just read that Entegra is no longer using the product due to customer dissatisfaction. Can those of you who have actually had the flooring comment as to why you were unsatisfied? Thanks so much for any details you can provide?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2019, 09:49 AM   #2

I have it and think its complete crap. My 2019 Cornerstone came down the line early with May delivery. All the first coaches produced had the infinity carpet in the coaches, on the stationary slides and also on the moving slides. Infinity was on the coaches shown at the FMCA Perry GA show and they reportedly went over like a lead balloon. The complaints were that it looked cheap, it got dirty quickly from people touring the coaches, and that it wrinkled and came loose from the wood underlayment. We tried to get our coach flooring stopped based on the FMCA reports, but Entegra told us that it was too late and we were going to get the Infinity flooring like it or not. Certain individuals on this forum who ordered their coaches at FMCA ordered them on the condition that their coaches have traditional carpet or they would not continue with the order.... Sooooooo, those individuals got their coaches with carpet. The reaction was so negative that I am told the reps went back to Middlebury and the decision was made to switch back to carpet.

I have several complaints with my Cornerstone. The LED lighting fixtures are cheap looking and shades made of paper, the ACC and CMS system is a pain in the butt, the infinity flooring is a mess, IMO. and 5 or 6 other things.

Now, I have been told that Entegra is not inclined to change the infinity flooring for those of us who are stuck with it because the shape of the slide is somehow different and cannot now be adapted to install carpet. I have not fully explored what can be done and may have to learn to live with it, but it puckers up at random places along the edge of the slide that is in toward the center line. It gets strange delaminations of the surface from its under layers. It just doesnt look like it should be installed in a coach that costs a half million dollars.

Now, to each his own, but for Dee and me, this was a dumb idea.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:25 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Iím the opposite of Gary. We too have an early 19 with the Infinity flooring. I love it. Itís so much easier to keep clean than carpeting. Nothing stains it. I can use my steamer on it when I steam the tiles. We have a completely level floor with the slide extended - no more chair legs dropping into the crack where the carpet ends. Iíd order it again if given a choice. The only thing I would like better would be tile all the way. We travel with three dogs and still have a couple of young grands. Ease of cleaning is important to me. I donít miss the days of cleaning carpets after every trip and I donít worry about chocolate messes on carpets after the grands visit (or Rick doing a midnight cookie run ). If you are going to be at the Tampa show, Iíd be glad to show you how it looks in our coach.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, flooring, vinyl