Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Full replacement value is about $200,000 in current value on my coach. That is a lot of insurance, for no additional cost when I was shopping just by choosing the right company. That may all change now with the recent hurricanes. I have a feeling getting new replacement in my area might be a thing of the past unless you pay twice the price or more.

HDgoldie is a perfect example, totaled a 2013 from the Goodyear blowout, insurance company replace it with a 2018 which she immediately traded for a 2019. She would have been at the end of her 5 years, good timing for a terrible event.

My Grandfathered Classic is looking pretty good.

Iím glad they came out okay on that
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Iím glad they came out okay on that
So am I. Linda's experience was a great learning experience for me.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
The insurance coverage was incredible and surprisingly willing to work with us on the replacement. One correction to Chuck's statement - they replaced our 2013 with the last remaining new 2017 RBQ in the country. They go four years if they can but would have gone to a 2018 if they had not been able to find the 2017 model. Big thing to remember is that the coverage requires that they match model and equipment as much as possible but not color. You do not get a vote on color, inside or out, unless you might have an adjuster willing to work with you if there are two coaches available equipped identically and one is a color you prefer.

Don't forget your contents coverage. We maxed out our contents coverage and could probably have come close to doubling the amount claimed. You don't expect to lose EVERYTHING, but you can. So take a look at what you carry when you are traveling - add up the cost of replacing all those tools, the dishes, pots and pans, appliances, linens, etc. Add up the cost of all those shoes, jackets and clothing. Any jewelry on board? We were very fortunate and the salvage company found and returned all of my jewelry except for a diamond anniversary band and a pair of earrings. But the experience had me getting new appraisals for many things. And most will probably spend this summer in the safe deposit box. I hope no one else ever has to use all of their coverage - but please be sure you have enough.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #46

Chuck, I am a little confused on full replacement value as you list it. I have $350,000 replacement value on my coach. That is a predetermined value I agreed upon. But I was told that a true full replacement value would replace it with a new coach should a loss occur within, I think four or five years as stated. The cost of my insurance is substantially less that what they termed " Full replacement". Do you have Full replacement or replacement limited to $200,000?
Old 03-09-2018, 05:47 PM   #47

Entegra Owners Club
I have full replacement no matter what the new coach would cost for the first 5 years. After the 5 years, I need to check if it's agreed amount or book value. When I was shopping I only shopped full replacement. Those that did not offer it, I scratched off my list. Today in my area, that list would be very short.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:24 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have full replacement no matter what the new coach would cost for the first 5 years. After the 5 years, I need to check if it's agreed amount or book value. When I was shopping I only shopped full replacement. Those that did not offer it, I scratched off my list. Today in my area, that list would be very short.
Your 5 years is up - once you've been to Perry, I believe you will be back in warranty, and replacement, watching to see what you do!
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance