Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2022, 09:30 AM   #29

Thanks for the input Stu
PJ at Entegra indicated that "disconnecting the blue wires would effectively give the ground direct back to the relay, the macerator will probably work".
I do have the schematic drawing but my electrical knowledge is rather limited.
Ron
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-27-2022, 12:11 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevkel View Post
Thanks for the input Stu
PJ at Entegra indicated that "disconnecting the blue wires would effectively give the ground direct back to the relay, the macerator will probably work".
I do have the schematic drawing but my electrical knowledge is rather limited.
Ron
Ron, it would be unwise of me to offer anything contradictory to PJ, but, I'll be surprised if that works.

At any rate, it's easy to try that, simply disconnect a wire.

IF that doesn't work, I think that I'd follow the suggestion made by FreshAir.

Please report back what you find when you disconnect the blue wires so that others may benefit from your discovery.

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-27-2022, 04:18 PM   #31

Stu - here is the full response I got from PJ
"The ground from the motor is coming from a thermal circuit in the macerator itself. We ground one side and the “thermal fuse connects the circuit to relay (ground). Check at the wiring of the macerator, there are four wires. Two of these I believe blue 16 gauge are the thermal switch. If you disconnect these and tie the other wires together, thus giving our ground direct back to relay, the macerator will probably work. This would indicate that the thermal circuit in macerator is bad."

Maybe I am not understanding the 'tie the other wires together" portion of his response.

If I understand Fresh Air's solution was to simply create a ground from the gray
wire off of the back of macerator switch to a ground? This is what I effectively did to test if the motor itself was the problem. As I indicated the motor worked fine. Early next week is when I am out to my coach and will report back to the group.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:39 PM   #32

Success with getting the macerator running as per instructions from PJ,
see my previous post.
As indicated my macerator would operate when I shorted out the grey wire
on the back of the switch out to ground. PJ felt that the thermal circuit in the macerator was defective and suggested a work around. I cut both of the blue wires on the macerator side and then wired the harness side of these two wires together and the macerator worked fine along with the switch. See wiring diagram/pictures posted earlier by 777 Driver.

Note - this work around effectively bypasses the thermal cut off switch in the macerator. I cannot comment on the safety of operating the macerator without
the thermal switch, however I view it as an interim solution and I only operate
the macerator when I am standing nearby.

I think that in the majority of the cases the actual macerator motor may have failed and would need replacement. However this may work in cases similar to mine.

Tags
ace, macerator