Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2016, 06:25 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Inverter/Electrical

My question concerns the circuits that power the appliances in a 2015 Anthem. Yesterday, while trying to re-winterize the coach for upcoming cold weather, I had the generator running. I could not get the dishwasher drawer to unlock/open (it was still locked for traveling from our last time out) and also the cooktop would not power up. I figured they were both on the same circuit. The reefer and microwave did have power. I cycled both inverters off then back on but the dishwasher power and cooktop circuits did not come on. I turned off the generator and plugged the coach back in to 120v, 30A shore power. My wife, who was inside, told me the cooktop and dishwasher both came on momentarily, the dishwasher drawer unlocked, but no power after unlocking. I remember last year during winterization, we ran the generator and had no problems getting antifreeze into any of the appliances doing the same process as this time.
Any suggestions? Thanks
Bunkerhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:19 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Try powering completely down (battery switch by entrance door off as well) and then power up again. Also try cycling the affected breakers above the drivers seat off and then on. By the way the stove top is not on an inverted circuit.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #3

Is there a red light on the inverter control panel? If so there is a fault on one of them and it must be reset n the inverter itself. Also low battery voltage will prevent it from working. When plugged into shore power the power should be routed around the the inverter via a really on board the inverter. Some power is used for charging the batteries.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 03-21-2016, 09:04 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same problem with the dishwasher the second time we tried to use it. It would not unlock or do anything. I tried everything in the owners manual including shutting the DW circuit breaker off, including over night. The Entegra tech at the ribbon cutting rally tried everything as well then called Mr. Appliance. He tried everything, nothing worked. While he was on the phone with the main office....I shut the circuit breaker off then on again and it worked. It has been working ever since....one of those weird things that nobody could explain.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Off/On works more often that we realize. I just had to reinstall all our electronics at the house (Long Story) and there were several instances of "Off/On" coupled with some clever use of four letter words. Like Chuck no idea why but it worked almost every time

Then got a call from a friend who had just checked in to a park and one inverter was bulk charging and the other was inverting. I asked my Yorkie what to do since he knows more about electrical stuff than I do. He rolled his eyes and said they should reset the shore power breaker.

Presto - all was well.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
Off/On works more often that we realize. I just had to reinstall all our electronics at the house (Long Story) and there were several instances of "Off/On" coupled with some clever use of four letter words. Like Chuck no idea why but it worked almost every time

Then got a call from a friend who had just checked in to a park and one inverter was bulk charging and the other was inverting. I asked my Yorkie what to do since he knows more about electrical stuff than I do. He rolled his eyes and said they should reset the shore power breaker.

Presto - all was well.

Salty, Here is your namesake.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	121969  

Tags
electrical, inverter