Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2019, 02:51 PM   #1

Inverter remote gone blank

Hello everyone. I am having some trouble with one inverter. When off shore power the remote screen is blank (on just one, the others says it’s inverting). When on shore power both remotes show charging, both seem to be charging ok. Went underneath, did everything the manual suggested, tried a soft reset of the inverter in question with no result. It seems to be working (charging) on shore power but is not inverting when off shore power. I do not understand how to do a power reset, not sure if 1- it will work or 2- my inverter is dead and I need a new one. It just seems odd that it would charge but not invert. I am no electrical expert- could anyone advise please? Thank you so much.
Lisa
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I think you need to tell it you want it to invert, but maybe you have already done that.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:11 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Have you done a 12V reboot with the 12v power switch at the front door yet?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #4

The reboot did not work unfortunately. I read about a “hard reset” somewhere here but I can’t find it. It’s very strange that there is no power to the remote and no power at all to the inverter when off of shore power. Plugged in we’re all set. Can anyone shed some light on the power reset or perhaps let me know what it means to “open all the inverter DC disconnects” (as the manual states) or how to disconnect the positive battery cable to the inverter? Thanks everyone.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:13 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
So hey guys, more than one issue, eh? So to recap, the inverter remote on one of the inverters has a blank screen unless you are on shorepower?

I think you probably know the inverter remote screens will go to sleep after a while and you need to wake them up by pressing any button. So if it's not a normal sleep cycle that for sure is odd.

Also realize when on shorepower the inverters go into standby/bypass mode and are not actually operating. Although the battery charger portion should be operating, but assume it isn't if the remote is dead. Saw a similar problem in a 2017 Anthem and it was a loose battery cable.

As far as the “open all the inverter DC disconnects” you don't have them on your 2016, those didn't begin until 2017 on the Entegras. So to do that you would need to physically disconnect the inverter cable from the battery or potentially climb into the cargo bay and power cycle the inverter. Not sure that would do any good.

Also, those remotes connect to the inverter with "flat satin" 4 conductor phone cord and sometimes the connectors go bad.

But, based on the info provided so far would lean towards a loose battery cable. Wiggle the battery connections and make sure all is well secured. Follow the red inverter cables from the battery bank to the big Class T fuse blocks on the back of the battery bay and make sure no loose cables there. Open the big Class T fuse covers if you can get at them (difficult I know on an Anthem) and make sure the fuse is well secured. Check at the inverters themselves to make sure the big fat cables are tight.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 01:17 PM   #6

Update- apparently to fix this issue you need to be on the phone with Magnum and open the battery trays, try to check voltage with a multimeter which you’ve never used before and then go inside and the inverter will work. Must’ve been some crazy glitch that the opening of the tray fixed. Checked all the cables (that I could get to) and all tight. Crazy stuff, electricity.

Tags
inverter, remote