Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2019, 02:18 PM   #1

Is my slide drooping?

We have a '12 Aspire DEQ and the driver's side front slide seems to be drooping down lower than I think it should.

For this year MH do the slides droop?

The attached photo is of the aft rail, it has the line of holes in it and it's about 2 3/4 inches lower on the out side than it is at the opening.

If you have a '12 does this look anywhere like yours?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190124_133229[31313].jpg
Views:	83
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	232977  
Stu and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #2

Donít have an Entegra but it looks normal to me. Some makes droop more than others so an Entegra owner will have to tell you for sure.
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #3

If it closes even top to bottom and end to end you are good
lwmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #4

The slide on the drivers side does drop down as it comes out on my unit.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu and Sue View Post
We have a '12 Aspire DEQ and the driver's side front slide seems to be drooping down lower than I think it should.

The attached photo is of the aft rail, it has the line of holes in it and it's about 2 3/4 inches lower on the out side than it is at the opening.

Thanks!
You don't want the rail, to hit the trim above the bay door. If you don't have about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of clearance, I'd have it adjusted. Had mine done at NIRVC in Lewisville TX.
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
You don't want the rail, to hit the trim above the bay door. If you don't have about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of clearance, I'd have it adjusted. Had mine done at NIRVC in Lewisville TX.

Thanks Rusty,

Is this the clearance you're talking about?

If it is, I do have about a 1/4 inch.

The problem is the basement doors, when open or closed,will rub on the outside wall of the slide so I'm wondering if I might be due an adjustment.

Was it a big job when Lewisville adjusted yours?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190124_175522[31319].jpg
Views:	83
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	232984  
Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Thanks Rusty,

Is this the clearance you're talking about?

If it is, I do have about a 1/4 inch.

The problem is the basement doors, when open or closed,will rub on the outside wall of the slide so I'm wondering if I might be due an adjustment.

Was it a big job when Lewisville adjusted yours?
Yes, that's it. So if your doors are hitting the slide, I'd have it adjusted. I can't say if it was a big job honestly. I left my coach for two weeks to have a bunch of stuff done. There was a full timer onsite, that bent his bay doors, as a result of the same problem. That's what prompted me to check mine and to have it adjusted.

Cheers!!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Thanks!
If there is something out of adjustment or a problem it will probably show up somewhere around the slide. When the slide is out, look at the way it fits on the inside. On each side does it fit flush against the wall? Look at the clearance on the floor, is it the same on both sides and all the way across? Also, look under the slide when it is out at the rollers and floor underneath the slide. You can pull back the rubber seal on the bottom outside and use a light to look at the rollers and floor. When you bring the slide in check it on the outside too. Does it fit flush all the way around? Is the clearance or gap around the slide equal? If the clearance or alignment has changed then more than likely there is an underlying problem causing the alignment issue.

I had an issue with the slide floor on my passenger front slide. The rollers are recessed into the wood slide floor. The floor looks like it is 3/4 plywood and then they cut a recess into the floor for the roller that is about 1/4-3/8" deep which leaves a weak point in the structure of the floor. To make matters worse that recess is where the weight is transferred to the roller and the mounting brackets on the roller are very small, concentrating that weight into a very small area. On my slide, the floor had weakened around a roller and the slide floor had dropped down far enough that the trim was rubbing the tile.

On my 2014, the slide is supported and anchored to the rails at the very end of the rail. There is one large bolt in the end of the rail and then a couple of smaller self tapping screws that secure the rail to the slide. I supported the slide with a couple of hydraulic jacks, removed the self tapping screws and loosened the large bolt. I was then able to lower or raise each side of the slide with the jacks then tighten the large bolt to secure the slide. It takes trial and error to get the slide where it fits flush on top and bottom when it is in and out then secure it with the self tapping screws.

Anyway, that is my experience with my slide issues. Hopefully my explanation makes enough sense that you can decide if you wan to tackle this yourself or have someone else do it.
Old 01-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #9

Thanks, James and, after checking your suggestions, it's a yes to all of them.

Everything is aligned, running slow but smoothly.

My concern is it's getting hard to open the basement doors without them rubbing on the bottom outer lip of the slide and that's why I think the slide is drooping.

This picture shows that the bottom of the slide is a 1/4 inch above the basement door frame.

I wonder if that's lower than the rest of the Entegras?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190127_101238[31334]_LI.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	391.3 KB
ID:	233164  
Old 01-27-2019, 10:32 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

My concern is it's getting hard to open the basement doors without them rubbing on the bottom outer lip of the slide and that's why I think the slide is drooping.

This picture shows that the bottom of the slide is a 1/4 inch above the basement door frame.

I was looking at mine and I have about 1" clearance on some and up to 1 1/2 on others. Of course mine is a different year and model, but that does not sound like enough clearance. If your slide fits flush and even inside and out, I would not want to adjust the slide to rail like I did on my slide.

Is it just one door or are the other doors below that slide have the same clearance issue? It could be a door/hinge alignment issue if it was just one door, like a door hinge getting bent. The only other mechanism that I would think would cause the slide to droop would be underneath with the motor/rail assembly. You could remove the inspection plates and see if something looks out of alignment. If you haven't done so already, I would contact Customer Service and see if they have any idea what might be going on. I am not sure who is their slide expert, but if you ask, someone there is probably knowledgeable. They have pointed me in the right direction on some problems and saved me a lot of time trying to track down the cause of some problems.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Stu,

If everything else lines up it could be too thick of a shim on the bottom hinge of that basement door. Most door hinges will have varying thickness of shims behind them, some up to 1/4Ē thick.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #12

James, only the middle and aft doors are rubbing but the slide is parallel to the 3 basement door frames.

I'm taking her to a RV body shop in 2 days so I should have an answer soon.

I did remove 2 lower shims from both doors thanks to 757 Don's suggestion so that helps getting in and out of the basement.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #13

I had the same problem on my 2017 Cornerstone with the slide hitting the cargo doors, the bearings in the rails failed they had to replace the rails.
Surmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #14

A final (optimism) follow-up; I took her to the shop this morning and had the slide re-adjusted. It took 2 hrs, could have/should have taken one hour and everything looks ok.

The fix was simple enough. Put the slide out halfway, jack it up slightly, just enough to take the pressure off of the rails, remove three screws and loosen the main bolt, lower the rail 1/4" then put everything back in their place.

Close the slide and if the 1/4" guess was enough to you can put your tools away. If not then repeat until the droop is better.

Thanks, fellow nomads, for you in put....

Tags
slide