Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2021, 06:04 PM   #1

Is now the time to buy a 2021 Cornerstone?

With the specs and details on the 22s now released is it a good time to start negotiating on a 2021?

I thought I read somewhere here that in addition to putting Tecma toilets in the 22s Entegra was replacing the marine toilets in the 21s with Tecmas. I had two tecmas in our 18 used them extensively without problems(3 grand kids) and much prefer them.

It looks as if the half bath toilet in a B is not a macerater. type toilet. Is that accurate? How well does it work?

Speaking of the B, I assume the bottom of the hutch can be used for kitchen storage? What does one do with the space behind the glass doors. DW will want to fill it with crystal. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Photos anyone?

Does the pantry in the B have pullout shelves?

Known issues:
TPMS setup and perhaps battery life;
Bose speaker set up;
Toilet sensors.

Anything else, especially on the 21? Any VegaTouch issues? Im anal enough that I expect things to work the way theyre supposed to.

Thanks in advance for your responses? Im sure your answers will lead to more questions.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #2

Usually this time of year is a good time to buy a coach, but this year there's a shortage so I'm not too sure.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post

Speaking of the B, I assume the bottom of the hutch can be used for kitchen storage? What does one do with the space behind the glass doors. DW will want to fill it with crystal. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Photos anyone?
I can't give advice about your purchase question, but, regarding the hutch, I'll offer this. I believe that the hutch is very similar to the hutch in my '18 Anthem.

We used a Frosted Glass Window Privacy Film on the inside of the glass panes making them opaque. We then use that as more pantry storage. DW isn't big on crystal.

Take care,
Stu
Old 02-02-2021, 10:34 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Inventory will be your issue. There may be folks that bail on a 21 to get a feature in a 22, but most inventory in system now is allocated. Given the delays people have experienced and are still dealing with dealer inventory is not likely to increase significantly.

Brett has written a good bit about industry turn over and inventory movement. If you have your eye on a coach, i would advise not to wait much longer.

Good luck.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:08 AM   #5

NIRVC Atlanta has an X on their lot. Or they did a few days ago

The pantry shelves on the B do pull out
buddy110 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:32 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
With the specs and details on the 22s now released is it a good time to start negotiating on a 2021?

I thought I read somewhere here that in addition to putting Tecma toilets in the 22s Entegra was replacing the marine toilets in the 21s with Tecmas. I had two tecmas in our 18 used them extensively without problems(3 grand kids) and much prefer them. I am waiting to hear if the change back to Tecma can be done. Don't know if the plumbing in the floor will line up. NIRVC ordered their remain 21's with Tecma and paid the upcharge. I have not heard if any other dealers have done that.

It looks as if the half bath toilet in a B is not a macerater. type toilet. Is that accurate? How well does it work? They are the straight drop Tecma Arel II and work great.

Speaking of the B, I assume the bottom of the hutch can be used for kitchen storage? What does one do with the space behind the glass doors. DW will want to fill it with crystal. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Photos anyone? We switched from a 19 to a 21 mainly for the hutch. Lots of pantry room below. If crystal is to be for show, it will look nice. If it is going to be for go, mount the crystal with museum putty or similar. Lots of photos on RV Trader, Dealer sites and Entegra of the hutch

Does the pantry in the B have pullout shelves? No, but I have seen some nice Mods and easy to do.

Known issues:
TPMS setup and perhaps battery life; If the TPMS works when delivered you will be lucky. Batteries are said to have 5 years life. The TPMS has only been on 2 model years and some are already going dead. I have had 2 new TPMS, neither one have worked on the way home from the dealer.
Bose speaker set up; easy with the new Bose app
Toilet sensors. Depends on which toilet are in the coach you find

Anything else, especially on the 21? Any VegaTouch issues? Im anal enough that I expect things to work the way theyre supposed to. My Vega Touch as been flawless. The 19 I had a few problems, but I think it was user learning errors.

Thanks in advance for your responses? Im sure your answers will lead to more questions.
All of the above are Just My Experience. Finding a 21 that is not a Lot Queen might be difficult. We are very pleased with our 21. A few Huh's!? but not many.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #7

But, in a normal year, if low price is your primary criterion, then now is too early...... late summer or fall is the time when the current models will be at their bottom price (after the next year models are arriving on the lot). This is a strange year however, with the halt in production of current models and lack of appliances and furniture and presumed delay in arrival of the 22s.... I would say this is a wildcard year where it is hard to predict how prices are going to vary.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 06:19 PM   #8

Well, just found a 2021 Amber B. As near as I can tell its been on the lot since early November. Does that make it a lot queen? It comes equipped with the new marine style toilet and a fireplace. DW really wants a fireplace as we had one in our 1st coach, a Berkshire. Well take a look at it early next week. Probably should check the batteries, but 3 months doesnt seem like a long time to me. Any VegaTouch updates to worry about. Anything else to pay particular attention to. Oh, substantial discount from dealer price which is the normal 25% off MSRP.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:55 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
may not only be the 3 months on the dealer lot, most likely spend lots of time in the hold lot at Entegra as well. full diagnostics are advised.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:28 PM   #10

'

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2road View Post
may not only be the 3 months on the dealer lot, most likely spend lots of time in the hold lot at Entegra as well. full diagnostics are advised.

j
Good point,hadnt thought of that.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:07 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Well, just found a 2021 Amber B. As near as I can tell its been on the lot since early November. Does that make it a lot queen? It comes equipped with the new marine style toilet and a fireplace. DW really wants a fireplace as we had one in our 1st coach, a Berkshire. Well take a look at it early next week. Probably should check the batteries, but 3 months doesnt seem like a long time to me....
Check the batteries with a load test. Batteries that are dead for three months will be seriously damaged.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote