Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Jacks creeping down?

Have coach in storage for a couple days. Jacks are up. After a couple days, I turn on key and get alarm that jacks are down. Visually check them all. Appear to be stored. Press store button, jacks sound like they are retracting and the alarm stops. This only happens when parked for 2 or more days. Could it be a sign of low hydraulic fluid?
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2021, 02:11 PM   #2

What brand and model jacks?
Old 04-23-2021, 03:34 PM   #3

IF your jacks are fully up, but you press the raise the jacks button anyhow, the system will try to raise the jacks. You will hear the pump running. If you were outside, you would not see the jacks move but it is trying to raise them anyhow.

My guess is that your manifold which controls and checks all the hydraulics to the four jacks is losing power somewhere or sensing there is loss of pressure from the system somewhere, and the control panel falsely indicates the jacks have moved down and initiates an unneeded jacks raise command. I am guessing that the problem is in the control manifold.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 12:24 AM   #4

This was common on my year and model coach. The salesman told me to always hit the "all jacks up button" if the coach had been sitting for any length of time. I have always done this and have not had any problems.
ronlin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:30 AM   #5

A young lady at Entegra CS (sorry I can't remember her name but she was very helpful) told me that's normal if stored for a period. Not sure of the period but for me it seems to be about a month.

I called CS first time because it took me a few minute to try the retract all and I wanted to verify no issues.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks