Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2017, 11:39 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Josams - Alignment and Koni's

Just a quick note. I had several of the typical issues with front end problems. As on my sig we have a '17 Anthem. Took to a Petro and had chassis lube'd. Then took to a nearby Alignment shop. Had it aligned. Right toe was out 3/8th. Alignment shop still showed inner tie rod ends dry and kingpins dry, so the other shop missed those items, ugh. Had Safe T Plus added.

Rig drove better, in fact I thought this is what it is.

Then.......

While in the Keys and on the way back I set up an appointment with Josams. The did a full alignment. Front end had some adjustments but rear was fine. They checked ride height and adjusted the Safe T Plus.

I talked to them extensively about the 17's and the 60mm Bilsteins and told him if the Koni's were better than the Bilsteins then "put them on". After quite a healthy talk he told me and convinced me to leave the 60mm Bilsteins on. His attitude was the Koni's were softer than the current setup and encouraged me to drive it when done and I would be satisfied.

My steering issues upon delivery were a wandering front end, susceptibility to windy conditions more than usual and some "floating" or a looseness in the overall feel. In other words white knuckled driving.

Let me say this upon the drive home after the Josams visit ---- dang, finally what I want. I told Barry that I would stay overnight if need be to give him time to diagnose and fix. I dropped the rig off around 12:45. He said that it would be done that day. At 4pm I received a call.

All said and done $440 and everything I wanted done was done.

I had about a 575 mile drive home to really feel the road out. The coach drives straight as an arrow and literally can be left hands off for several seconds. It is a one or two fingered steering wheel driving now. One of the issues was the splines were off on the steering box, still was out of alignment and the Safe T Plus has some additional adjustments. I really appreciate good work and honest advise. I also appreciated the extreme cleanliness of their shop, first class !!!

FYI on a side note I put Centramatics on all 6 wheels that you could put them on. I will say this, in the back, previously I could not lay in bed or sleep. After all this the back is quiet enough and smooth enough for me to nap back there while the wife drives.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:34 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Josams Alignment

I had my motorhome checked and aligned at Josams in Orlando. The dealer had told me that there was nothing wrong with it!!
I wish I could think of the name of the person that did the alignment, but someday I am going to get back there and thank him. The first thing he told me was that he was going to align it like a motorhome not a truck. He Wanted me to watch so he could show me and explain everything he was doing. Before and after was like night and day.
Jim_ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:58 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Andy that is good news about Josams especially the new 60mm Bilstein shocks giving the good ride....they were long overdue. You confirmed for me that even a new coach still needs a proper grease job and alignment. Something Spartan and Entegra still have not mastered. Steering check ride still needs to be on all new delivery check lists. Thanks for sharing that great news.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:43 AM   #4

That is a terrific post, Thank You ! I just had a hydralift installed yesterday, getting my bike shipped next week and then i will schedule with JOSAM'S for a full alignment, ride height and 4 corner weighing. Really good to know how improved the handling is and more so how satisfied you are with their service.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #5

Alignment

Hello Chuck, Which alignment company, will do the best alignment in Florida.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:14 AM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp2354 View Post

Josam Products, Inc.
8849 Exchange Drive
Orlando, Florida 32809

Home
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
That is a terrific post, Thank You ! I just had a hydralift installed yesterday, getting my bike shipped next week and then i will schedule with JOSAM'S for a full alignment, ride height and 4 corner weighing. Really good to know how improved the handling is and more so how satisfied you are with their service.

Sent you a PM so as not to derail this post!
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #8

Anyone found a shop in Texas with the capability/reputation of Josams?
MxChief66-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Andy, how much do you think the Centramatics helped the steering? FYI I called them, they are right next to MHSRV in Alvarado, TX. Pricing is per axle and runs 179 (installed). Sounds good if you think it helped your steering (and ride).
Old 01-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp2354 View Post
In my opinion there are two. Josams in Orlando, and I have had good service from Florida Springs and Axel. They do the Spartan Firetrucks in Lee County. Florida Spring and Axle Service, Inc. - Home They actually know how to straighten a steering wheel which seems to be a big problem for most alignment shops. I think their price might be a little less that Josams. Both are very good shops.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_ Bob View Post
I had my motorhome checked and aligned at Josams in Orlando. The dealer had told me that there was nothing wrong with it!!
I wish I could think of the name of the person that did the alignment, but someday I am going to get back there and thank him. The first thing he told me was that he was going to align it like a motorhome not a truck. He Wanted me to watch so he could show me and explain everything he was doing. Before and after was like night and day.
I agree. The dealer told me mine was fine before my arrival as I asked them to do a thorough road check. Wade aligned mine. It is SPOT on
Old 01-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Andy that is good news about Josams especially the new 60mm Bilstein shocks giving the good ride....they were long overdue. You confirmed for me that even a new coach still needs a proper grease job and alignment. Something Spartan and Entegra still have not mastered. Steering check ride still needs to be on all new delivery check lists. Thanks for sharing that great news.
Spartan told me that the factory default was 22 CC's was required in the tie rods and king pin. Sounds extremely low to me. I used about 4-6 tubes total to grease everything
Old 01-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
In my opinion there are two. Josams in Orlando, and I have had good service from Florida Springs and Axel. They do the Spartan Firetrucks in Lee County. Florida Spring and Axle Service, Inc. - Home They actually know how to straighten a steering wheel which seems to be a big problem for most alignment shops. I think their price might be a little less that Josams. Both are very good shops.
I agree on shops that don't know how to straighten out the steering wheel. As for pricing, if I ONLY did the alignment I think it would have been around 275$
Old 01-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE_ View Post
I agree on shops that don't know how to straighten out the steering wheel. As for pricing, if I ONLY did the alignment I think it would have been around 275$
Then they are about the same.

I also find it a little weird what Spartan calls for grease specs. No wonder new front ends wonder all over the place, there is no grease to take up the slack.

Tags
koni