Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2023, 07:05 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Joyce Skinner Retiring

She will be missed.

Good Morning Entegra Family,

With a sad heart, Joyce Skinner has announced she will be retiring after 32 years of service on June 30th*from Jayco leading the Entegra and Motorized Customer Service division. Joyce has been a critical part of making the Entegra family what it is today.* Joyce has represented a passion and love for the Entegra customer family that is unmatched.* Please join me in wishing Joyce*Congratulations*as she transitions into the next chapter of life as she will truly be missed.
Message of appreciation from Joyce:

“Dear Friends,

It is with both happiness, and sadness, that I am announcing my retirement as of June 30th*this year.* While this decision has not been an easy one for me, and I have changed my mind on more than one occasion, I am ready to slow down.* After seeing and hearing about all of your travels over the years,*I realize that my bucket list isn’t getting any shorter; but time is.**

Saying good-bye is hard……. but the reason it’s hard is because you all matter so much to me. During the early part of my career, I worked 18 years for Starcraft RV, a towable company also owned by Jayco.* *Fast forward a few years to my transition to the Entegra Coach side in 2010.* The motorhome division was just getting started on its second model year and I was asked if I wanted to join them and be part of something new, exciting and growing.* The RV industry was just coming out of the 2008/2009 recession and I decided that I was up for the challenge of trying something new.* While I didn’t know anything about motorhomes then, I knew how to take care of customers and was able to provide “the soft touch” that was necessary in helping to grow our customer base.* We had a great product, a great team in place for selling and a customer service team of three at that time.* We had roughly 30 customers then and, today, we have grown to a total of 6,376!* Of course, along the way, Entegra Luxury Diesel Pushers have developed and grown a great team throughout every aspect of our business. *We knew that in order to be successful, we needed our owners to feel like they were part of something much bigger; we needed to make you feel like you were part of our family and I sure hope we have done that over the years.*

Personally, I have so many wonderful memories of our times together, whether it was our first hello at a show, time spent together at a rally, dancing in the conga line at homecoming, or if you were just here for service, I will never forget you. Some of you I only had contact with over the phone or through email but I want you to know, that regardless of what brought us together, I am thankful that our paths crossed.* I hope that whatever it was I was able to help with, that I made a difference.*

Going forward, my team will continue to provide the same great care and attention that has always been given.* Jacob Shearer, whom many of you already know and have worked with over the past 13 years, will take on my role as Director of Customer Service and will lead our customer call center team to new heights.* PJ Clanton, whose name is synonymous with Entegra Coach, has been promoted to Director of Customer Service also, and will continue to specialize in training of our customers, dealers, and in-house phone reps and technicians. I feel confident in knowing that I am leaving you in good hands.

Serving you has truly been one of the greatest gifts I could ever have imagined.* Every hug, every smile and every handshake will be felt long after this good-bye and I truly hope that our paths cross again someday, somehow.*

So in closing, let me just say that I have always been grateful, humbled and blessed for all the kindness and love you have shown to me over these past 13 years and I am richer today because of your friendships.* Thank you all for your business, your continued support of my team and especially, thank you for being part of my life’s journey.* After all, it’s the friends we meet along the way that make it all worthwhile.

Stay safe, be well, and safe travels always………..much love and appreciation to you all.

Joyce”

**************Congratulations*to Joyce on a well-earned retirement.* The love and dedication she has demonstrated to the Entegra family has set the foundation for how we do business.* We wish her the very best as she completes her bucket-list in retirement with friends and family.
Thank you,
Steve Claude
VP Customer Service
pstroke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2023, 07:22 AM   #2

Joyce is a fantastic person,she certainly will be missed.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:28 AM   #3

Joyce is such a caring personable Human Being and will be so missed but she also is extremely deserving of a wonderful retirement life with her Family . We have over the years shared laughter and tears with her and can only wish her the very best in the years ahead !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:31 AM   #4

I met Joyce shortly after we purchased our 2015 Anthem and needed to stop by the factory to get something fixed on one of our NorthEast trips near family home, and Joyce was nice then, and remains a real jewel of Entegra's customer service team today. I believe she was one of the CS people that sat at a desk answering phones to begin with and I believe she now is the head of Customer Service operations for many of the brands. Through all those iterations, Joyce could be counted on to be a good "listener" and eventually a fair arbitrator between owners and manufacturer. She has been great in that role.

I personally felt that many others got to know that also, and then would try to take advance of her kindness. Maybe I did that too. I only looped Joyce into anything when I had found no one else who would just be fair in the transaction, listen to the problem, and not simply say NO because it was good for the company in the near term. And so I have known her now for 8 years and tried to never take advantage of her kindness, but in one or two situations needed her level head and intelligence to make a decision. Joyce did that fairly and honestly. When I look back over my 8 years with Entegra, she will be one of the people that I got to know well, and think of more highly today than I did 8 years ago. Plus, by attending some rallies and shows, we just got a chance to interact. Nice person!

Jacob has been coming up through the ranks behind Joyce and seems to have been doing a good job as head of Entegra CS, and whether PJ knew it or not, he has been the guy that got looped into the decision-making any time there was a technical issue. I think he has been with Entegra since he started working. Sounds like he will have Joyce's responsibilities in the future. I will miss Joyce and wish you all the best in retirement, good health, and happiness after the corporate responsibilities are passed on.

Good luck Joyce! Thanks for being "you" for the past 8 years. Congratulations and thanks for the help you have given Dee and me for 8 years. For some of those years, it wasn't your job or responsibility. It was always welcomed.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:46 AM   #5

I've met Joyce Several times and consider her a dear friend.
She played a huge role is creating and maintaining the Entegra we all know.

Happy Trails, Joyce.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:18 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Our best to Joyce in her retirement plans. She is one of those really special people who have a positive impact on those around her. You will be missed both as a person and in the excellent way you performed your duties. There was never a doubt that you were one of the "truly good guys".

Thank you for being you.
Tom and Annie Rich (Ricciardelli)
Old 05-02-2023, 10:31 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Joyce is one of a kind. I have never done business with anyone who was more genuinely concerned with me, both as a customer and as a person. When I needed technical help, she did all that could be expected, and then more. When I needed nothing technical, she offered unmatched sincerity and true friendship. Despite dealing with 6,400 or so customers, she never failed to greet me by name when me met, and ask me "How's Jill?" Joyce is amazing to me, and she will be sorely missed by the many of us whose lives she touched.

Congratulations on your retirement, Joyce. May it be long and fulfilling, as you well deserve.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:06 AM   #8

Ya gotta get your licks in while ya can. Good for her.
Poppedclams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:25 AM   #9

Sadly enough, "Corporate Knowledge" is irreplaceable.

Fred
fredbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:00 PM   #10

Congratulations to Joyce on her retirement which is well deserved. She came out to meet me a few weeks ago while I was there for the two-year AIR. She is awesome and will be missed.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:29 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Joyce is going to be truly missed Karen and I wish her the very best. She has been with us through thick and thin with Entegra. If it was not for Joyce and the way she solved the problems on our 14, there would not have been an Entegra two or three for us....Thank you Joyce from the bottom of our hearts.
I have known Jacob since he was my parts person at Travel Supreme. In my opinion they could not have pick a better person to pick up the torch for Joyce. The Customer Service Dept. could not be in more knowledgeable and caring hands. Jacob truly knows our coaches from the ground up and has the personalty to carry it forward to the customers. I am excited for both of them.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 01:15 PM   #12

Having owned a Tiffin Allegro Bus for seven-plus year prior to purchasing our 2018 Cornerstone, I often referred to Joyce as "The Bob Tiffin of Entegra." Any of you who have owned a Tiffin coach and dealt with Bob will know that is high praise indeed.

That said, Joyce is her own person, unique & special in so many ways. Amy & I consider her a dear friend and wish her all the best in her well-deserved retirement.

Jacob and PJ are both great guys and well equipped for their new roles. But I do look forward to giving them grief regarding it taking two of them to replace one of Joyce.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:02 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Never had a change to meet Joyce in person, but feel like I know her well. Have followed many threads in which she has been involved in solving difficult issues and seeing the praise on here and other platforms. I wish Joyce nothing but the best in what she decides to do. Hope we can do the same soon.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:08 AM   #14

Well earned. Both in accolades and retirement. Don’t know many in any business that are equal to her commitment to customers than Joyce. She could teach a masters class on the subject.

I think Jacob will do a great job in leading the department. PJ has always been there behind the scenes for their support and don’t expect that to change.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote