Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #1

Just a funny story......

While sitting having our morning coffee in our coach we overheard two gentlemen out walking their dogs. As they approach our coach the conversation goes as follows:
"WOW - what a gorgeous bus"
"I love that paint job....beautiful"
"What is it?" (they both walk to the back of the coach)
"Hmmmmm...Entegra.....never heard of that one"
"The license plate is Ontario"
"Must be made in Canada. I wonder what they sell for?"
"My guess would be half a mil or more"
"Out of my league, but that is one nice bus!"
We sat inside and smiled at each other. Thought this story was worth sharing.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #2

we have heard almost the same thing except for the price, they guessed about $300,000.00
Old 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Recently stopped for fuel up in Texas Panhandle. OTR trucker came up to me and said "That is the most beautiful bus I've ever seen." He said he was about to retire so I expect he's had a few miles under his belt and has seen quite a few busses.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F392298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #4

I was in Pismo beach when a couple were walking there dog and stopped in front of the coach.The wife says"must be a rock stars bus".The husband says"that must be the driver .The rock star is probably coming in tonite".lol
GES627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #5

We had one man come over to our coach,he knocked on our door and demanded over and over again wanting to know how much,how much your coach. (He was from Russia.) luckily for us his cell phone rang,he turned around to answer it and my wife closed the door quick.
Another funny story. We arrived at a campground where there was a few senior citizens sat outside having a coffee. They were in such awe over this coach. We stopped talking to them and offered to show them it. They were thrilled to bits to see it. We were glad we took the time to chat and make there day looking inside our coach.
Abclipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Yep...we have head turners...we're setting down to dinner in Hilton Head MC Resort. Prevost across the street; a good share of nice coaches. I look out the window and this couple ... this old guy is oogling our coach with his jaw somewhere vicinity of his belly button, while DW is snapping pictures like an out of country tourist....had to laugh. Thought about going out and asking him if he had any questions...I was concerned...maybe he was in cardiac arrest.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #7

My son-in-laws and I are on the way to Colorado and we pull into a mom and pop bar-b-que joint in a small town in Texas (Dumas) in the panhandle. The boys go in first. There's just local town folks in the restaurant and someone says "Wow!! Who's in "the bus"---George Strait ?!!" Without missing a beat my wise@#s son-in-law says "No, it's Kenny Rogers" ----I have no idea about any of this and come through the back door and this woman jumps at me and says "Oh, Kenny would you please take a picture with me !!!" So, I sit down, she sits on my lap and has all these folks with their phone cameras taking pictures!!! To this day I think she still thinks she was on Kenny's lap!!! "The bus" has unexpected advantages (only thing is---- the woman was not what you could call attractive )
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
No offense, Chuck...but that musta been a small town!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck - I guess its no surprise that you were mistaken for Kenny. He's as old as Methuselah
Old 10-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #10

Saw Kenny Rogers Friday night , no compliment to be told you look like him Chuck! He can barely walk and his face looks like a nat skin stretched over an elephants head, BUT he can still sing with the best of them!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Dianne, your story reminds me when we first hit the road with the Travel Supreme and they were brand new on the market...it was a head turner. Now they don't stop much anymore but people still marvel, "that's a 2002!?" "What do you do wax it everyday"?
I know what you are going through and it can be fun. Thanks to your wonderful pictures of your coach, we have ordered the same color.. I guess we will have the ooher's and awer's again soon
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #12

We don't get remarks like that much in the larger markets but in the smaller towns we also get that,,,, really nice camper thing. Even in our Phaeton.
It looks like most of you making that comment have Anthems. That roofline is just top notch!!! I catch myself drooling when I walk past a MH with a roofline like that as well.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #13

iRV2 No Limits Club
Not coach related but: My wife is in a small diner, in a small Texas town, picking up food.

In strolls a true Texan, hat, boots, and all, and says: "Whose nice Dodge Truck is outside?"

My wife claims it and thinks he just hit it.

He continues with: "Not from around here are you?"

My wife says: "From Florida."

His response: "I knew that because no on in this town could own such a nice truck."

Made us feel good.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote