Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
I would think that it would be a seller's responsibility because the gas was filled by the seller?
Would you buy a RV with a empty tank, you couldn't go anywhere.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck,
Its right around the corner for your new baby! I also feel that way when I trade one car in for the next. Have you heard anything on your delivery date yet? Karen
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Hi Karen,
The last we heard from Scott at LD was there was a two week delay on delivery dates due to a shortage of a part that put production behind. We are now scheduled for end of Jan. delivery.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I was afraid this post was going to turn into some kinda ethical or moral thing. Fact is...a sale is a sale...IMHO, if no warrantee was included in the sale price, morally and ethically, no warrantee should be expected.

By law, the seller can be held responsible for selling without disclosing KNOWN faults, in court. If the problem was unknown and there is no warrantee, from what I know of the law, the sale is final, and the buyer assumes responsibility for the purchased item.

Suggesting here, that there was some morale obligation to the buyer, is unfair and seems inappropriate in this forum. Again, JMHO, and I think you'd get no more or less from a commercial seller...legally.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #19

I agree with most of what you said; however, I myself would feel responsible as a seller; for example the RV broke down because I put gas in the tank instead of diesel which caused the breakdown. Would you feel obligated to take care of this even though all sales are "final"?
Old 12-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Hi Karen,
The last we heard from Scott at LD was there was a two week delay on delivery dates due to a shortage of a part that put production behind. We are now scheduled for end of Jan. delivery.
That's going to be a loong six weeks!
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I agree with most of what you said; however, I myself would feel responsible as a seller; for example the RV broke down because I put gas in the tank instead of diesel which caused the breakdown. Would you feel obligated to take care of this even though all sales are "final"?
Whoa! How did putting a tank of fresh diesel fuel turn into a tank of gas??

If it makes everyone feel better, I just had an email from the buyer and he is fine with it.... The MH sat to long after the purchase. Simple as that and nothing more. I put fresh diesel fuel in the tank, and I did not delay the delivery. I do not feel at fault as I had been asking for 2 months to please come get the MH. He did not, fuel got algae from sitting and that is NOT my fault.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Whoa! How did putting a tank of fresh diesel fuel turn into a tank of gas??

If it makes everyone feel better, I just had an email from the buyer and he is fine with it.... The MH sat to long after the purchase. Simple as that and nothing more. I put fresh diesel fuel in the tank, and I did not delay the delivery. I do not feel at fault as I had been asking for 2 months to please come get the MH. He did not, fuel got algae from sitting and that is NOT my fault.
I was just using an example that there could be exceptions to the term of all sales are final. If I had made a mistake and put gas instead of diesel into the tank which caused the breakdown, I would feel responsible and offer to pay for repairs.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I was just using an example that there could be exceptions to the term of all sales are final. If I had made a mistake and put gas instead of diesel into the tank which caused the breakdown, I would feel responsible and offer to pay for repairs.
However, that is totally not the case and never should have been brought up.
I think this entire matter should be dropped. I tried to give others a headsup and if they want to take it out of context....then so be it. Also, don't buy my Entegra when I sell it for wholesale like I did the TS. It will not have a dealer warranty.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox
However, that is totally not the case and never should have been brought up. I think this entire matter should be dropped. I tried to give others a headsup and if they want to take it out of context....then so be it. Also, don't buy my Entegra when I sell it for wholesale like I did the TS. It will not have a dealer warranty.
I don't think you are responsible or liable and believe you acted/sold in good faith....my apologies for starting this discussion and for not defending you earlier in this thread....my bad.

I do however think you have raised a very important and interesting issue (thank-you) as I don't believe anyone warranties fuel. For example, you could take delivery of your NEW Entegra and, through no fault of yours or Entegras', it could have a tank of algae contaminated fuel. Good luck trying to get the fuel station to accept liability for the damages. In other words, "fuel analysis" may be an important, but often overlooked aspect of a buyers due diligence .....regardless of whether you are buying....new or used, factory or off the lot, warranty or as-is.....something I would never have consider before this post!
Jack1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #25

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Actually, I found this thread very informative. Fuel is something I wouldn't think to consider either. So despite the fact that it twisted here and there a bit, it is a good thread and thank you brobox for bringing it up.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:36 AM   #26

Chuck, your situation brings to mind the importance of putting in the fuel treatment that stops the algae growth when your unit is stored. It is at most auto parts stores and it is expensive but cheap for what it does. A quart is about $25. but you only use about 8 oz to a tank.
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:58 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Being a diesel boater for over 30 years and dealing with diesel fuel issues as well, I feel that Brobox is being MORE than generous in offering to pay for the repair.

The very FIRST thing any buyer of a used RV DP should do is a complete fuel filter change. The fuel should be either polished or discarded if it has sat for more than a few months.

THe buyer should have taken these measures prior to leaving for his trip. Sometimes experience can be an expensive teacher

I am a huge believer in fuel conditioners and will add it religiously to my new Cornerstone when it arrives
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear that, hopefully that will change. We ordered a Jeep Cherokee, and have been tracking it through all the stages. Its been in shipment stage for almost two weeks (it is coming from Ohio, we live in PA) I could have drove there and back and been driving it for the last week (lol). Originally we were told by Blue Ox, they thought they would have base plate ready by earlier Jan. but, that is not the case now. We are now considering the Demco set up, as it will be ready weeks before Blue Ox. We would like to get out of this snow and into your sun. I might just end up driving the jeep down as Mike sits in comfort in the MH.