Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2022, 08:26 AM   #1

Kitchen Island Travel Lock

My kitchen island is opening during travel. It is supposed to be held in place by an electromagnet engaged by the parking brake. Entegra sent me instructions to remove the island to troubleshoot. Has anyone done this? Is there a fuse for the electromagnet?
bfridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2022, 08:45 AM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

There is a fuse for the lock. Check the f3 fuse in the spartan module in the front run bay.
ďCust ignĒ. I would recommend having that repair done at the shop. Put something there while traveling to hold in place until you can schedule an appointment.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:56 AM   #3

In all likelihood, your problem is either that the electromagnet screws have come loose or the metal plate that the electromagnet "locks" to when traveling screws have come loose (or were never installed correctly) and the bond between electromagnet and locking plate is not solid and therefore the drawer moves during travel. That problem has been talked about on this forum several times in the past.

Sure, check the fuse, but if it is good, then examine the installation carefully!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 09:55 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Bailey,
Iíve pulled my island a few times. Not too difficult. Not sure what Entegra has told you but pull the drawers first to save weight. Then pull the island out and there are 4 screws under the island holding the slide. I marked with a sharpie for reference the edge of the metal slide on the island base. I used it to help realign the screws when I reinstalled it. My guess is it was probably not installed close enough together to begin with.
Btw, congrats on the new rig!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 10:03 AM   #5

Gary,
Thanks for the reply. The new coach is definitely more challenging than buying your old coach in perfect condition
Old 06-22-2022, 11:09 AM   #6

All the info you can stand and then some in this thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/loc...le-570501.html

Read the first post in the thread for info on how to install a fail-safe locking pin, if you want to go that route.

If instead (or in addition to) you want to get your electromagnetic lock working as it should, read this post at the end of page 3 in the thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/loc...ml#post6109861
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
All the info you can stand and then some in this thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/loc...le-570501.html

Read the first post in the thread for info on how to install a fail-safe locking pin, if you want to go that route.

If instead (or in addition to) you want to get your electromagnetic lock working as it should, read this post at the end of page 3 in the thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/loc...ml#post6109861

Thanks for that post. If I canít get done with that info shame on me
Old 06-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My island came out once on my 17. I took an off ramp to fast. The bad part was the island dented our fridge a little. It made a permanent dent.

I checked everything close and could not find anything wrong. It never happened again. I never speed tested an off ramp again either.

We are not sure it was fully snapped in place perfectly before we hit the road.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
My island came out once on my 17. I took an off ramp too fast. The bad part was the island dented our fridge a little. It made a permanent dent.
Good to know a W floor plan is just as vulnerable as our B plan!

In our case, the dent was on the freezer drawer of the refrigerator, and like yours our dent was pretty small. I bought a relatively inexpensive dent puller kit and attempted to remove the dent. The kit kinda-sorta worked, but the dent was still somewhat visible.

Amy found a set of four small magnetic flowers online:

https://www.amazon.com/AK-Wall-Art-F...dp/B07JQ9KDF4/

We used the bloom portion of one flower to cover the dent, put a second flower next to that one, then put the other two in the same place on the other side of the freezer drawer. Brightened up the refrigerator a bit and kept us from being irritated every time we noticed the dent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnetic Flowers.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	369174  
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 04:51 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great idea on using something to cover the dent. I did glance at that darn dent more often than not when walking past the fridge.

The dent was on our B floor plan. The B has a slightly larger island. So far no issues with the island in our W. We make sure that island is fully closed for sure now. I would rather learn from IRV2 than the school off hard knocks (or dents).
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel