Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2020, 05:23 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wold View Post
Well I can’t see any reason not to try it. I’m up to 30k miles and almost 5 years old, so something like this that might be good enough for under $400 seems worthwhile and might end up saving me the $9,994 at HWH.
On my 14, the Koni's took care of the darting I had that front end shops could not figure out. Well worth the $400. cost for sure. The Koni's made all the difference in the world.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2021, 09:54 AM   #16

I just got front KONI install. Much improvement noted right away , no more bounce. You can see the difference in shock size. Was going to do the install my self but a local truck shop i found 5 min away charge me 90 bucks.
While i was there took care of my radiator switch out..very reasonable and he had 3 guys on I stayed in my coach in and out . I was going to do it my self but the heat here in south texas been hitting 105 to 108 .. no thank you ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210625_082259.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	333571  
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:02 AM   #17

The heat in NW Louisiana is also just intolerable for doing anything much outside after about 10:00 am other than riding a mower around the yard, hopefully with a nice breeze blowing all the time.

If it weren't for a couple more medical treatments, we would be packing up the coach to get the hell out of here.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:49 AM   #18

I hear you, was trying to wash the rig .. (alot of bird poop) before it go HOTTTT .. man talk about rushing before the full sun hit.. even after .. saw some stains from the poop and I was stubborn to stay out and correct it on the front and rear cap that day hit 108 ... grrrrrr... ... .. .. We are down here with my parents helping them around the house due to declining health as well as my wife's parents so we split the time. but i am ready to go back up NORTH !!.

Stay frosty my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
The heat in NW Louisiana is also just intolerable for doing anything much outside after about 10:00 am other than riding a mower around the yard, hopefully with a nice breeze blowing all the time.

If it weren't for a couple more medical treatments, we would be packing up the coach to get the hell out of here.

Gary
Old 06-30-2021, 01:55 PM   #19

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVB View Post
I just got front KONI install. Much improvement noted right away , no more bounce. You can see the difference in shock size. Was going to do the install my self but a local truck shop i found 5 min away charge me 90 bucks.

While i was there took care of my radiator switch out..very reasonable and he had 3 guys on I stayed in my coach in and out . I was going to do it my self but the heat here in south texas been hitting 105 to 108 .. no thank you ..

Could you tell
Me
If these were 48mm or 60mm and if they are 48mm could you give me that model number please would like to replace all 4 of mine on my 2020 Aspire [emoji41]
AggrevatedRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 02:27 PM   #20

These are 60mm . If i recall the ASPIRE using a different part number. This is the part number for the IFS based on my call to SPARTAN

99B-3234 - FRONT Spartan K2, K3 MountainMaster IFS1460 / IFS1660 / 16K+ / Tiffin Allegro Bus w/ PowerGlide Chassis Reyco IFS (Koni EVO)

they also responded with this for my rears which i did not replace.

Spartan said 99B-3234 for front shocks, they weren't able to confirm the rears, but most likely 8805-1009 which may need adapter bushings in the lower shock eyelet , p.n.
3/4-5/8-BUSH

Please Note:
Some Spartan front IFS systems use a lower shock mounting bracket that is not compatible with the Koni mount. When replacing Bilstein part# BE5-6199-H0, BE5-6199-H1 or 24-061999 you may need this kit.
If your lower mount uses a "pin" instead of a bolt in the lower shock mount you will need to order x2 of part # APK-10000
Old 07-01-2021, 04:58 AM   #21

Spartan Chassis
thanks I talked to Ultra Rv products yesterday and they were contacting Spartan.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:51 PM   #22

Spartan Chassis
Just put 200 miles on new Koni front & rear shocks. Going to install on tag axle next.
Results - no more porposing and a lot more stable
Was definitely worth the money [emoji383] [emoji41]
Old 07-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggrevatedRv View Post
Just put 200 miles on new Koni front & rear shocks. Going to install on tag axle next.
Results - no more porposing and a lot more stable
Was definitely worth the money [emoji383] [emoji41]

Same here.......
50sbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Ordered new Konis a while back and had NIRVC install them. Ride was terrible, found out the supplier gave me the wrong part number. I have a solid axle and they sent me shocks for independent front suspension.

So I re-ordered the correct ones, had NIRVC replace the red IFS shocks with the gold solid axle shocks, and now I am pleased. Sure, the ride is better but what surprised me is the steering is much more stable... not drifting nearly as much. So it was worth the effort...

Now all I have left to do is figure out what to do with a nearly new set of red IFS Koni shocks. I can't return them since they were mounted. Maybe eBay...
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 04:25 PM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
Ordered new Konis a while back and had NIRVC install them. Ride was terrible, found out the supplier gave me the wrong part number. I have a solid axle and they sent me shocks for independent front suspension.

So I re-ordered the correct ones, had NIRVC replace the red IFS shocks with the gold solid axle shocks, and now I am pleased. Sure, the ride is better but what surprised me is the steering is much more stable... not drifting nearly as much. So it was worth the effort...

Now all I have left to do is figure out what to do with a nearly new set of red IFS Koni shocks. I can't return them since they were mounted. Maybe eBay...

Lol I got the same problem [emoji23]
Old 07-19-2021, 04:26 PM   #26

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggrevatedRv View Post
Lol I got the same problem [emoji23]

With shocks I don’t need now.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post

What part number are they?
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:08 AM   #28

I'd be interested in some konis.
2017 aspire. IFS & 315's

Sent from my moto z3 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koni, shocks