Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2016, 07:37 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Outstanding Chuck. Hopefully a permanent solution to your front end issues.
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #58

Koni has listed shock # Evo 99b-3234 as the new replacement shock for the 90-2890. Does anyone know if this is a "better" shock or just a more profitable for them replacement.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerwin View Post
Koni has listed shock # Evo 99b-3234 as the new replacement shock for the 90-2890. Does anyone know if this is a "better" shock or just a more profitable for them replacement.
Look at the two shocks, they are not the same. The shock you posted is not the same mount as the 90-2890 Our Entegra's have the mounts for the 90-2890 which are still current.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #60
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Henderson's Line-up folks also say the Evo 99B-3234 is the new recommendation for my coach - it is a different shock from the 90-2890. It does have the same bolt thru shock-hole mount on each end as my current Bilsteins, but diameter is much beefier. Non-adjustable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469037264.216434.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	133692

(Posted via iOS App)
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #61
rbr

Entegra Owners Club

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469040892.690856.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	133699

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1469041083.293538.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	133700

(Posted via iOS App)
Old 07-20-2016, 06:42 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Ron, nice to know, especially the beefier part. The earlier post that listed that shock did not look like the shock was the same mount.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #63
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
First impression of my investment of time and money at Henderson's Line-Up today after just 45 interstate miles (but twisty, mountainous miles): very glad I went!

I had scheduled an appointment to get Koni shocks installed on the front and let them try to find the cause of what I considered constant/excessive side to side steering correction. On the test drive the tech who drives 10+ coaches per week commented what a quiet and good handling coach it was, but he could feel what I was talking about with the constant back and forth steering correction. Both he and the service writer said they get a lot of IFS coaches in their shop complaining of this issue and many of them are Freightliners as well as Spartans.

With the coach over a pit they ran a series of checks looking at all the joints and connections while someone twisted the steering wheel, first with engine down and then with engine power assist. I was able to watch this process and we all could see slack in a drag link connection. The nut on that connection was pinned with a cotter pin but was only hand tight, took two full rounds to pull it up. Since it was pinned it was almost surely that way from the factory but we don't know if the joint was always loose or loosened over time (but I think it's always been that way as the steering has always been the same).

Result: The steering input needed from side to side is less frequent, though still pretty busy, but the amount of steering wheel movement for those inputs is only maybe 10-15% of what it was. Very easy to drive.

As noted in previous posts the Koni's they put on were different from what others have used but the difference in hump and bump response is very nice and easily noticeable even by The Good Witch, and she normally doesn't pay any attention to such things. Have no idea whether they are contributing to the improved steering, since they corrected that loose drag link connection at the same time.

The staff were very professional and I have no hesitation recommending them if you need chassis work done in the Grant's Pass, OR area. They are a Spartan authorized shop and some of the work they did was paid for by Spartan under warranty.

Also - no hesitation recommending a Koni front shock upgrade for 2015 Anthem's.

Happy Camper today!
Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 PM   #64

Finding a loose bolt/connection on the drag link is one of the most surprising things I have heard of!! It really makes you wonder how on earth that happened. And, more surprising that someone took the time and trouble to find it. Amazing find in my book!! That tech really desires a nice tip. I'm going to check mine also:-)

Reading this forum is really an education and creates more follow up projects.
Old 07-21-2016, 05:46 AM   #65

Entegra Owners Club
Nice report Ron. My crooked steering wheel was also drag link adjustment. Amazing 4 shops could not find that until I called my shop in FL and asked what adjustment they did on my TS to center the wheel. After I passed that on, LD was able to almost center the wheel.
Nice to hear of a front end shop that just doesn't put it on a front end rack and hope for the best.....they actually look for a problem.

Thanks for correcting me on the new Koni shocks for the IFS.

Strange, a couple of sites with that part # still show a different shock, other show the correct shock. Be careful if ordering. http://www.ultrarvproducts.com/index...oni%2099B-3234
Old 07-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #66

Thanks Bro
Have you felt any improvement in handling when driving in wind or truck traffic
Alangrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Where is the drag links? Is this only on the IFS, or is it part of the steering linkage? Something we can inspect?
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:54 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alangrissom View Post
Thanks Bro
Have you felt any improvement in handling when driving in wind or truck traffic
Yes. Any deviation before and I was correcting the steering wheel. That is now pretty much gone. But I did not have much of a problem with trucks before. It is my opinion the under rated Bilstens were constantly moving and not dampening the road or wind changes....therefore constant play in the steering wheel. JMO but I am very pleased with the results.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Where is the drag links? Is this only on the IFS, or is it part of the steering linkage? Something we can inspect?
Mark, that is something I would Google with your front end type. You might find some answers from front end experts. I know it part of the steering linkage, but that is all I know.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:14 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Mine has the play that several here have described. I grease all the linkages in the steering, and if something is not tight, but held by a pin, that makes sense. I think the DVD has the front end and steering diagrams - will take a look. Hope it is that easy. I am trying to get into Spartan in September for my 3 year inspection.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koni, shocks, steering