Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 06:22 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
L sofa replacement

Has anyone replaced their L sofa in their 2017 44B with the new style recliner sofa ? And if so , what was the price, and what company did you use ?
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #2

L sofa replacement

Replaced mine in my 2016 Cornerstone 45B. The leather sofa shop in Lewisville Texas custom made it to fit the opening with matching leather to the cockpit chairs. Took out the old L, measured built and installed the new, cut down the window treatment. Great fit and looks.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8083.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	537.8 KB
ID:	189232
Old 01-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
What was the price of the conversion ?
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:04 PM   #4

L sofa replacement

Matching real leather over $5k
Old 01-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
See here:

Lambright Sofa Update 2017 Entegra Aspire – My Quantum Discovery

Not a Cornerstone but the 44B floorplan and space are the same (about 101"). We had the factory straight sofa to begin with but again the space is the same regardless if you have an L.

Our cost was about $2460 for the Lambright sofa in matching ultraleather, $106 for the solid surface side table tops, about $75 in materials to build the cabinets and $34 total for pre-finished matching cabinet doors. We did our own work.

Real leather, matching quartz end table tops and hiring out the labor will of course drive the price up.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #6

L sofa replacement

It does make the price higher plus we wanted 3 power recliners with a Center console and custom made for the opening, all driving the price up. Plus lambright would not make a custom width nor three powered recliners so they were not an option for us. Also they really did not want to do the leather at that time. I think since then they have somewhat relented on that.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #7

ann n gene
stopped by leather shop in lewisville and they priced me 7800 for recliners like
yours or 6800 for reg 3 recliners. just sounded a little high if you say you bought for over 5000. looks like good quality. thanks for your time. we have a 15
anthem with 101 of room also.

thanks
curtis
cthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #8

I bought these theater seats at theaterseatstore.com. The name of the leather seats are OCTANE TURBO XL700. There is a place in each seat for a tray or light and these seats are only 35" deep which gives you plenty of room when the slides are in. Also, lighted "cupholders" and they are all electric.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0324 (3).jpg
Views:	185
Size:	208.9 KB
ID:	191958  
Old 02-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #9

Rob:

Nice work on the couch conversion!! You could be my carpenter if we kept the Anthem.

You raise an issue that concerns Dee and me a lot as we also travel with 2 cats. Cats are known for finding places to be that are not normal, and we worry greatly about the cats getting down into the bowels of the power recliners, particularly when we are sitting in the chairs in a reclined position and then getting squished in the motorized mechanism as you retract the recliners.

How have you prevented your cat from getting entangled with the mechanism on your couches?

GARY
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, thanks, yes we worry about that too as we do with the slides. For some reason tho our guy never wants to be under or behind the recliners when we are not underway. Nevertheless we are both diligent and always spot his location before un-reclining, as we do when extending or retracting the slides. But I guess it only takes one mistake...

There is a fabric flap that comes on the Lambright, but as it is wouldn't stop any cat I know if he really wanted to be under there. It look like it might be fairly easy to enhance it to keep curious paws out of the primary mechanism. Once my cabinet doors are installed on the end tables that should mostly prevent any access to the rear of the sofa and the mechanism from that direction.

I guess the nerd in me is inclined to devise some way to sense a body underneath and if so prevent the recliners from operating. Possibly a pressure sensitive mat like are used for security systems or a sensitive motion detector?

Something like this perhaps: https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=2...9QZY3Z5JBDQ0UA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Rob:

Nice work on the couch conversion!! You could be my carpenter if we kept the Anthem.

You raise an issue that concerns Dee and me a lot as we also travel with 2 cats. Cats are known for finding places to be that are not normal, and we worry greatly about the cats getting down into the bowels of the power recliners, particularly when we are sitting in the chairs in a reclined position and then getting squished in the motorized mechanism as you retract the recliners.

How have you prevented your cat from getting entangled with the mechanism on your couches?

GARY
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #11

Thanks Rob.... great suggestion and great link to the mats. I will start mulling that one over in my mind in the time I am waiting for the new coach. Great to see you in Quartzsite..... but wish we had had more time to talk! Thanks.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedenesha View Post
I bought these theater seats at theaterseatstore.com. The name of the leather seats are OCTANE TURBO XL700. There is a place in each seat for a tray or light and these seats are only 35" deep which gives you plenty of room when the slides are in. Also, lighted "cupholders" and they are all electric.

Was this hard to get into the coach?
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement