Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2020, 10:28 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Lack of Closet Space on 45b

We are looking at purchasing our first Entegra, a 2018 Cornerstone and are trying to decide between a 45b and 45w. We are intending to go full time for a couple of years. We are not new to class As, this will be our fifth. Our biggest concern with the b is the loss of closet space and what we perceive as a less convenient access to the washer and dryer. When comparing the two floor plans, the living areas and kitchens are both nice with the b having a little larger kitchen counter and storage in the slide-out island and an appearance of a less confined living area because of the lack of a second sofa. Looking for comments on how owners deal with this lack of closet space in the b and what made you decide on either of the floor plans. Both coaches we are looking at have theater seating which is what we want, do not like the “L” sofa, had one once and won’t have another.
nwgreen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2020, 10:51 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
On the 21's theater seating is no longer available. That has been replaced with the 100 inch reclining sofa.
We are not full timers, but I have been told by others, their seasonal clothes are in basement storage containers and rotated for the seasons.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We’ve been mostly timing (11 months out of 12) for almost five years. We’ve just settled into a new home and will become summer RVers.

Our observation is, we’ve way too much stuff clothing wise on the coach and we’ve camped in every state except Hawaii and Illinois. We’ve had all the gear onboard to sled dog on top of glaciers and swim in the gulf.

We didn’t store any clothes in the basement. It’s in one of the drawers or overhead compartments in the bedroom, or in the closet, or under the bed.

When we knew we were going to be stationary in our new home we inventoried the clothing and discovered many items hadn’t been worn in 5 years.

Just sayin!

Your results may vary!
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
We use our RV 5-6 months of the year and have had a B for 4 years. We went back and forth on a W for the closet, but decided the B had better access to utilize its smaller closet and have recently ordered another B.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The B is our only choice. The 1/2 bath is bigger in the B. Bonnie has plastic boxes in the bottom of the coach she rotates seasonal clothes. Good Luck on your choice. Check out AIM CLUB for the most fun with your RV. NIRVC is our only choice as a DEALER.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 01:54 PM   #6

Well I guess I’ll have to be different and go with the W. Look of full wall slide, large half bath with more cabinets, especially in the 2020, much better access to the washer and dryer and full closet. Everyone has their own taste and opinions. B use to be their best selling floor plan, but last I heard the W followed by the F is best seller.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:06 PM   #7

Obviously this is a highly personal preference. We studied the floor plans intently and we (bride) wanted the full closet.

Originally the W was the bottom of three led by the A and the B. However after much analysis for our use the W bubbled to the top.

The location of the washer/dryer and the smaller closet killed the B for us.

That said, we have been very pleased and are really enjoying the coach. These things are a study in compromise.

Michael
Fergtiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:41 PM   #8

My first choice was the B, but my wife overruled me and we got the W. Washer and closet setup was the main reason. I wanted the fireplace, so we purchased an electric stand alone model.. Which didn't really work out as good as it sounded on paper. The back closet is fully used with all the clothes that we need plus all of my wife's quilting supplies, including her sewing machine, iron, ironing board, and sewing table, which she sets up in the rear bath for her "sewing studio". Thank goodness for the half bath!
I wasn't sure I'd like the two couches but it sure is nice when you entertain or have overnight guests.
Overall I am very happy with my floorplan and if I were going to get a new coach, the W is the only one that I would look at.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:40 AM   #9

We are 90-95 percent loaded for FT and still don’t have stuff in all the cubbies. Lots of room, and agree, the half bath is large and gets a work out.
44b.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
On the 21's theater seating is no longer available. That has been replaced with the 100 inch reclining sofa.
We are not full timers, but I have been told by others, their seasonal clothes are in basement storage containers and rotated for the seasons.
How does the reclining sofa compare to the theater seating? Is it as comfortable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgreen2 View Post
We are looking at purchasing our first Entegra, a 2018 Cornerstone and are trying to decide between a 45b and 45w. We are intending to go full time for a couple of years. We are not new to class As, this will be our fifth. Our biggest concern with the b is the loss of closet space and what we perceive as a less convenient access to the washer and dryer. When comparing the two floor plans, the living areas and kitchens are both nice with the b having a little larger kitchen counter and storage in the slide-out island and an appearance of a less confined living area because of the lack of a second sofa. Looking for comments on how owners deal with this lack of closet space in the b and what made you decide on either of the floor plans. Both coaches we are looking at have theater seating which is what we want, do not like the “L” sofa, had one once and won’t have another.
Have you considered an F plan? You can substitute the drivers couch for a fireplace and wine cooler and the F has a full walk in closet. The new Z plan also has the same size closet
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #11

Well, everyone "skins this cat" differently, I have found.

For us, our major goal is to travel to places with nice weather when the place we are already located turns to not-so-nice weather. Consequently, I leave my ski clothes and my Antartica quality down parka jacket in my closet at the house and I have never needed really warm stuff..... If I found myself needing really warm stuff, then I have probably made a serious mistake on where I chose to travel. So, our clothings needs run from clothes for cool environments to clothes for hot environments plus a jacket and "dress" shirts and pants for the occasional play or symphony that we might dumb-luck into where-ever we happen to be, and you know, all of that easily fits in the 3/4 closet in my 45B. My wife usually has way more clothes than she actually needs and is a little tight on room. I can easily fit my needed clothes into my half. My experience is that the more we travel in our coach, the more my wife realizes that she needs fewer clothes and reduces what she takes. My bet is that with some judicious choices on what you must have with you, you will find the "B" closet will hold what you need just fine.

My 15 Anthem was also a "B" and I frankly, cannot imagine why anyone would not be happy with a "B". The two big advantages of the "B" are two bathrooms, and a large food pantry. If you are the type who actually likes to cook fairly involved meals in your coach, then you will find the pantry size in many of these models is just not big enough for cooking frequently or cooking more complex meals.... if the two of you are more "heat something up in the microwave" or eat-out types of travelers, then your pantry needs are less ........ but pay a lot of attention to what is available in all the models based on how/what you eat.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
How does the reclining sofa compare to the theater seating? Is it as comfortable?

Have you considered an F plan? You can substitute the drivers couch for a fireplace and wine cooler and the F has a full walk in closet. The new Z plan also has the same size closet
Big problem with F floor plan is big slide on the passenger side making it harder to get into the bays.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:36 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The full size sofa is as comfortable as the theater seating was. They changed the foot rest where it does not have the hollow spot behind your legs that an earlier model we looked at did. Haven't sat in one for an evening to give a long term opinion.

I am also with J.H on the F patio side large slide. That is a no for me as much as we are in the basement.

As for the B closet size, not being full time, it has worked OK, Karen doesn't pack as much.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:59 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Closet Space on 45b

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. We are only looking at the 2018 45b and 45w, can't or won't pay for anything newer and a bath and a half is mandatory. My wife is an excellent cook and does so in the coach. The pantry of these two models is almost identical, just wider or deeper. My wife also likes to sew and quilt and I know she will be wanting to take some of these items with her.
nwgreen2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace