Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ann N Gene, SOMEONE needs to go "Up on the roof" as the song was titled at least 2x a year, likely 4x.

Why:

Clean the air conditioner condenser coils of accumulated crud (And the rest of the unit while at it) and to mop the roof (just like the kitchen floor you got to mop it from time to time) and to inspect it.

of course, need not be you.. I mean I'd do it ... For a fee. (My normal fee for light electronic/repair work is coffee. but for this I'd need cold hard currenty.. or better yet cold folding currency). Actually.. I'd refer you to a professional who does that kind of work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #16

Of course you are right. I was on my iPhone when I posted earlier or I would have added that I pay someone to do that for me, it is cheaper than the hospital bills when I fall off. You are absolutely right on target, those things need to be done and I have then done for me. I perform a lot of tasks myself as long as it does not include getting on top of the coach, hard to accomplish anything when you are hanging on for dear life. Not sure why they do not put them on the Anthem and Cornerstone, could be a height issue with going over the awning brace on the back or could be just looks, but I will add that I really LIKE the look without the ladder. Besides, I always have carried a fold-up ladder that will get that high (in and emergency) and allow me to wash the front window etc and to carry the lower part of the rear ladder would just take up space in the storage bays that I now use for my "REAL" ladder(about the same space, just a little larger).
Old 09-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Aspire comes with ladder...so I have one, but leave the lower half at the stick & brick. Carry a telescoping ladder and a folding a-frame that's 4" x 4 1/2" x 7' stored on a rack as posted in the "tell us about your Mods" thread.

Pat
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Telesteps

I have the Telesteps ladder. It has not lasted, can't get any CS, no phone number to call, will not answer email. So DON'T get this one! Sherwin Williams Paint store sells a telescoping ladder called Xtend & Climb, I called to check out their CS, and I got to talk with a nice lady in MN who answered all my questions, and yes, they do have spare parts if needed! You can get it much cheaper on Amazon, but see it in person at Sherwin Williams, a 250# and 300# version of different lengths.

I had the dealer ask about adding a ladder to the coach, but Entegra said they changed the end cap this year and do not recommend a fixed ladder. Bummer.........
Old 09-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Smitty, I am glad you mentioned that. I just returned from my painters house and he told me of the same ladder at Sherwin Williams. They are on sale right now for $229. for I think the 15 foot. He is going to check what his contractor price is tomorrow. Thank you for the heads up and the reason why a ladder should not be installed on the Anthem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
The vintage models (mine) have built in top ladder and stored is the bottom aluminum one that hangs on it. I am up ther 3-4 times a yeat blowing out ac's, cleaning, checking caulk.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:48 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Personally I wouldn't want an attached ladder. I love the look of our Anthem from the back! We use a 20' Xtend Pull Out (telescopic) Ladder. Picked it up at the local Sherwin Williams store, wrapped the ends in pipe insulation and it works great. We use it to access to the roof and for washing the outside. Stores nicely in the basement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HeadedHome (2).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	659.3 KB
ID:	45933  
Tamatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatha View Post
Personally I wouldn't want an attached ladder. I love the look of our Anthem from the back! We use a 20' Xtend Pull Out (telescopic) Ladder. Picked it up at the local Sherwin Williams store, wrapped the ends in pipe insulation and it works great. We use it to access to the roof and for washing the outside. Stores nicely in the basement.
You're right, no ladder does give the Anthem that "Rock Star" look. Your info on the ladder was the kind of feedback I was looking for, does the job and easy to store. thank you.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a friend that HAD a 12 1/2' collapsible extension ladder. He paid somewhere in the $350 range. Well on his trip down one time it did what it is reffered to. A collapsible ladder. Broken leg and arm. I've looked at a couple of these ladders and when extended, they seem pretty flimsy in the middle. I'll stick with the one attached on the rear of the coach. JMHO
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #24

I am also liking the no ladder on the back. One, it's ugly and cheap looking to me and two, I'm still going to need a free standing ladder to access the upper side of the coach to wash and wax, anyway.

I own a folding ladder already and I'm figuring on using it, at least initially. It is a little heavy and even though it folds, it might not be the best solution. A telescoping type that I can hang in the basement might be better.

STUFF IN THE GARAGE: F150, ChevyII Pro Street, Roush Mustang
Jus Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
I have a friend that HAD a 12 1/2' collapsible extension ladder. He paid somewhere in the $350 range. Well on his trip down one time it did what it is reffered to. A collapsible ladder. Broken leg and arm. I've looked at a couple of these ladders and when extended, they seem pretty flimsy in the middle. I'll stick with the one attached on the rear of the coach. JMHO
After doing a little research the past couple of days I have found there IS different qualities of the collapsible ladders. The $85. dollar ones on Amazon I am sure is like the one your friend had. The one others have mentioned sold at Sherwin Williams paint stores are "professional quality" and cost 3 times as much. I am sure the quality between the two is the price difference.

I can't stick with the attached ladder on the rear as the Anthem we are looking at does not have a ladder and the reason for this post, what are other Anthem owners using?
Old 09-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #26

I'll take a page from WMPBAUER, we are Americans. Most of the motorhome ladders that I've seen are rated at 200 lbs. Most of us have no business on them, plus I agree with Gene, they look better without them. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #27

I use a 16' telescoping ladder. Compact, safe and stores easy on the side. The length makes it safe for all areas for easy access. I put a towel on the edge of the RV; no scratches.
homelessjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #28

I would like to have a 'ships ladder' made for the back of the bus, slight angle with wider&deeper steps and handrails on the side . Possibly have the bottom third fold up , get it powder coated black , integrate it into a roof rack .
That would be nice and would be much easier to access the roof
Still working on this plan, it will take awhile......

Charleston, SC
Rmallardjr is offline   Reply With Quote