Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2021, 05:58 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Many stored codes will clear automatically through a certain number of key cycles. However emission codes do not do that. They must be cleared via a scanner

We can thank the feds for that. I believe the reason Larry’s code didn’t clear right away is that when you send the signal via scanner to the ecu in order to clear the code the computer starts a self check to see if the problem is still present. On our chassis it must take a few minutes which is why Larry’s scanner didn’t immediately clear the code. Once the self check was complete the code cleared.
Not according to this, sounds exactly what Larry did.

Cycle the key switch to the ON position for 30 seconds, then cycle the key switch to the OFF position for 30 seconds. Start the engine and let it idle for 1 minute. The fault code status displayed will change to INACTIVE immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #58

code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Not according to this, sounds exactly what Larry did.

Cycle the key switch to the ON position for 30 seconds, then cycle the key switch to the OFF position for 30 seconds. Start the engine and let it idle for 1 minute. The fault code status displayed will change to INACTIVE immediately after the diagnostic runs and passes.
The way I have been taught this is how a non emission code is cleared. And emission code is treated differently
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:29 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Thanks Kert - good info. That being the case, I'm left to wonder why the multiple attempts I made with the ignition key on and the engine NOT running didn't work, but the one attempt I made with the ignition key on and the engine running did work (even though the code reader said it failed).

Very strange and it leaves me continuing to wonder if this particular code reader actually did clear the codes. Oh well, as long as the codes are gone (and hopefully stay gone), I'll get over being baffled as to how the result was achieved.

By the way, I apologize for misspelling your name in my previous reply.

I agree that is a little strange the way it cleared.

Haha no worries about my name. I have been called worse...lol

On another note I think we live very close to each other. I am just outside cave creek
Old 02-26-2021, 07:57 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
On another note I think we live very close to each other. I am just outside cave creek
We must be relatively close. Amy & I are in North Scottsdale, not far from Happy Valley Road & Pima Road. I make the short drive to Cave Creek once every few weeks to get my hair cut at a shop next door to Dairy Queen!
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:27 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
We must be relatively close. Amy & I are in North Scottsdale, not far from Happy Valley Road & Pima Road. I make the short drive to Cave Creek once every few weeks to get my hair cut at a shop next door to Dairy Queen!

I know that Dairy Queen better than I should
Old 02-28-2021, 02:44 PM   #62

Heard this from others on this thread.This happens in my opinion for various reasons,the main one is government overreach and bueracricy.I took my polution control crap off and will never go back.I know this is very controversial,but it does stop the tail chasing for sure.Good luck following these totally wrong and unfair laws.
elyost3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:00 PM   #63

We got bit badly. Our entire DEF system crashed on our 2014 View with Mercedes Diesel. Seems Mercedes's warranty is but half the miles of other diesel engines. Cost us a little over $6,000. Last Mercedes we'll ever own.
SocioSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #64

Arrow

Related question - Approximately when did Spartan / Cummings switch to series 6 DEF head? Our 21 Anthem was manufactured in March 2020 but chassis manufactured date is September 2019.
Jerry Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:44 PM   #65

Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Newbie here: What is derate?
jkinnebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #66

If it happens to me again DEF will go away forever
bgkoontz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:31 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyost3 View Post
Heard this from others on this thread.This happens in my opinion for various reasons,the main one is government overreach and bueracricy.I took my polution control crap off and will never go back.I know this is very controversial,but it does stop the tail chasing for sure.Good luck following these totally wrong and unfair laws.
How did you go about removing all "pollution control crap off" and have the computer happy?
Ray Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:36 PM   #68

Nor'easters Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocioSam View Post
We got bit badly. Our entire DEF system crashed on our 2014 View with Mercedes Diesel. Seems Mercedes's warranty is but half the miles of other diesel engines. Cost us a little over $6,000. Last Mercedes we'll ever own.
Sam, what happened? Run too low or perhaps a bad batch? That's a pretty penny to have to fork over
Old 02-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #69

Thank you for confirming my inclination to never buy a machine that would derate itself.

Feeling bad I traded my pre DEF 2008 RAM.
LarryinID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:49 PM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Morris View Post
Related question - Approximately when did Spartan / Cummings switch to series 6 DEF head? Our 21 Anthem was manufactured in March 2020 but chassis manufactured date is September 2019.
No accurate date. J.H.'s 20 Cornerstone's chassis was built in June 19. He received a Gen 6 DEF head. My 21 was built on a Nov 19 chassis that had a Gen 5 that failed in 1,500 miles. Only way to find out is to call Spartan with the last 8 of your VIN number.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
test