Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2014, 06:19 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Chuck,

I don't know that Entegra have a process for you to go through your coach at Middlebury before it ships, or even be there when they do there final QC. I appreciate that you'd want to visit....they just don't do it that way to the best of my knowledge. That would be tantamount to factory delivery which up to now the refuse as a business decision.
If I could not see the condition the next MH I purchase before it is shipped, then I will not be buying that brand of MH. If I cannot do a quick once over, I don't mean a 4 hour PDI, but be able to see what I saw in 15 minutes at LD, then that is not a company I will be purchasing from. After what I have been through, I will not budge on that decision. It would be in the purchase agreement and if the terms could not be met, I would walk and that would be my business decision. Others have posted they visited their MH before shipping and if I couldn't do the same.....no sale.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
I hear ya'...I have tried to push the idea of a factory delivery with Entegra...they probably would accommodate what you're asking for. Timing would likely be the issue. But I do hear ya' and respect what you're saying. Pls don't get me wrong.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I hear ya'...I have tried to push the idea of a factory delivery with Entegra...they probably would accommodate what you're asking for. Timing would likely be the issue. But I do hear ya' and respect what you're saying. Pls don't get me wrong.
Not getting you wrong Dave and I wouldn't even be pushing for a factory delivery. But I will never make a blind purchase again and I will never trust the dealer that was the start of this post.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I asked the question "who is better?" and got no replies. Could it be that LD's PDI procedures are no worse than anybody else's? That seems to be what I am hearing. Not making excuses, just looking for the better mousetrap.

First, I am not an Entegra owner, so hope you don't mind. My dealership hired three people who do inspections before accepting delivery. They got tired of receiving RV's with so many issues and have actually refused deliveries and had the units sent back. This is a small locally owned dealership who sells around 60-70 units a month. I also have knowledge of LD's as my mom lives a few miles from them and bought her MH from them. I will just leave it that she is far from impressed with them.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #19

This is NOT intended to be a comment on which manufacturer is better/worse , however those that follow posts on TRVN know that Tiffin allows an owner to be extremely involved in the build process apparently much more so then any other brand !
There are several new owners that basically lived at Red Bay and spent almost every second in the weld shop, factory, paint and final fit & finish. The owners found areas of concerns and pointed them out during construction and fixes were accomplished.
Yet both owners ended up back at the factory for corrections from minor to major !
My point is I'm not sure being at the factory, nor a personal factory PDI solves the problems. My thoughts are these complex motorhomes are built too quickly and pushed thru assembly to meet build deadlines. It can take a period of time to discover the problems and basically we as owners do the QC. Acceptable, not really but the industry gets away with it as we as owners need a price point or else we would be paying 1 m + as in Prevost ! And still get problems !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinjef View Post
And yet, people still continue to buy from them......

I feel that even more important than a proper and detailed PDI is the dealers integrity. After seeing first hand with my own experiences and being close to a friends bad delivery experience, business integrity must be a dealers number one asset. Our buying experience was not 100% the best but very close and after seeing what others have gone through I would run back to our dealer next time in a heartbeat. I have mentioned the integrity and pure bs numerous times of the big dealer many have been talking about here but after seeing the comments defending them I can only think that there are a bunch of buyers in the market that are easy pickings for a dealer like this to stay in business. JMHO
Swenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
This is NOT intended to be a comment on which manufacturer is better/worse , however those that follow posts on TRVN know that Tiffin allows an owner to be extremely involved in the build process apparently much more so then any other brand !
There are several new owners that basically lived at Red Bay and spent almost every second in the weld shop, factory, paint and final fit & finish. The owners found areas of concerns and pointed them out during construction and fixes were accomplished.
Yet both owners ended up back at the factory for corrections from minor to major !
My point is I'm not sure being at the factory, nor a personal factory PDI solves the problems. My thoughts are these complex motorhomes are built too quickly and pushed thru assembly to meet build deadlines. It can take a period of time to discover the problems and basically we as owners do the QC. Acceptable, not really but the industry gets away with it as we as owners need a price point or else we would be paying 1 m + as in Prevost ! And still get problems !
X2. People who expect perfection in their new motorhomes are as likely to find it as those who expect perfection in their friends, family or political candidates. Motorhomes are made by humans and are extremely complex. Be realistic.

By the way, I would bet my motorhome that the 1mm dollar motorhomes are not perfect on delivery either.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:23 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swenster View Post
I feel that even more important than a proper and detailed PDI is the dealers integrity. After seeing first hand with my own experiences and being close to a friends bad delivery experience, business integrity must be a dealers number one asset. Our buying experience was not 100% the best but very close and after seeing what others have gone through I would run back to our dealer next time in a heartbeat. I have mentioned the integrity and pure bs numerous times of the big dealer many have been talking about here but after seeing the comments defending them I can only think that there are a bunch of buyers in the market that are easy pickings for a dealer like this to stay in business. JMHO
I have purchased two new motorhomes from the dealer that you refer to and found them to have impeccable integrity. I think it is unfair to impeach someone's integrity because their execution may be flawed. The two are not the same.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #23

I just spent 4 days at ld getting some unfinished warranty work done on my 2011 phaeton. I purchased it about a month ago from them and had a short list. They are completely swamped at the moment due to the snowbirds wanting to go home ; I mean packed to the gills. When rv one gets cranking across the highway and General rv opens their new facility just down the street they are going to need massive amounts of qualified techs. Where will they come from???
I had satisfactory service performed there because I stay on top of where my mh was , talked to the tech and pushed things along. Others just kind of let the wind blow and dont pay attention. What I'm trying to say is lazy days will function if you work them and dont just be a mouth breather. Be assertive and cooperative and service will happen ; it also helps that I live within 30 mi.
By the way , General rv bought 100 acres and is attempting to buy the entire neighborhood behind them. Competition for techs will be intense.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
The topic of good or bad dealers seems to always generate lots of responses. The conversation always ends up in the same place, some like a particular dealer, some hate that very same dealer. There will never be agreement.
The op, Pat, is simply stating that LD is making some changes. Hope it helps those who are LD fans. Beyond that, is there any chance we could stop beating this long dead horse?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherone View Post
I just spent 4 days at ld getting some unfinished warranty work done on my 2011 phaeton. I purchased it about a month ago from them and had a short list. They are completely swamped at the moment due to the snowbirds wanting to go home ; I mean packed to the gills. When rv one gets cranking across the highway and General rv opens their new facility just down the street they are going to need massive amounts of qualified techs. Where will they come from???
I had satisfactory service performed there because I stay on top of where my mh was , talked to the tech and pushed things along. Others just kind of let the wind blow and don't pay attention. What I'm trying to say is lazy days will function if you work them and don't just be a mouth breather. Be assertive and cooperative and service will happen ; it also helps that I live within 30 mi.
By the way , General rv bought 100 acres and is attempting to buy the entire neighborhood behind them. Competition for techs will be intense.
X2 on this one. I purchased 2 coaches from LD, went through PDI, had repairs done, had paint work done, had chassis work done, they even had to take it to cummins down the street for engine lights blinking and generator not starting. All this in the last 3 years. You need to know where your coach is daily, you need to ask the techs to talk to you (and believe me they will give you an ear full). Once you understand the process and you are active in the process my experience suggest the process will go smoother. If you leave your coach or just blindly let them tell you what they want to do, you will not like the end result.

It is all about objectives and expectations. If you just say fix it (i guess that is an objective) and you don't establish expectations with the adviser's and tech's you are not going to be happy. I also recommend you set expectations with CS from Entegra as well while it is at LD. When everyone is working from the same program things just seem to flow better and you get a better result. That has been my experience over the last 3 years. I don't think I am a minority because I meet a lot of fellow Entegra owners at LD that are satisfied like me. .

There will always be exceptions and I guess that is what this thread is about.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #26

As with many large companies, communications at LazyDays leave a lot to be desired. If you are the type of person that doesn't mind stepping in and micro managing your service, LazyDays will provide an acceptable, if not pleasant experience.
jfb318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #27

I stay with the tech at Lazy days during maintance and on 2 new units have had great results there. You need to be proactive for sure. My 2 deliveries went great. no issues after they completed all work.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #28

I did see somewhat of an error in a statement. NeXus is factory direct & invited to the factory to design what you want. And then visit whenever you want during its construction. And to spend the time & money on QC before things leave the factory which saves on warranty work.
HuntingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote