Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Leak....eek!

Ok...something's leaking. It's got to be coming directly under the sink in the galley on the passenger side. II keep a big plastic bin at that spot in the basement with our cleaning towels in it. (2013 DEQ) When we experience a REALLY heavy downpour, that plastic bin will fill up with water....absolutely no other evidence of water in the basement.

Lazy Days hasn't been able to duplicate it, so it's never been addressed, but it's happened 3 times now (in 2 years).

Anybody have any ideas?

Pat

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Pat, I am a little confused (doesn't take much) but you said the leak is under the sink, but only happens in a down pour. The only thing that could leak in that area that I can think of is the sink vent on the roof. There are so many vents on the roof, I was shocked when I did the Eternabond. I found a lot of spots where my sealant had been stepped in. Those could cause pin hole leaks that wouldn't show up unless it was a down pour.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 04:19 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Pat

Like Chuck said I'd check the vent. I'm still fighting a leak from initial delivery (the top item on my list for next month's PDI). I noticed after heavy rains my Entegra builds up a suprising depth of water on the roof. It's possible yours does too and the water gets deep enough to find a way around the vent. There are also "pseudo vents" Entegra uses for running wiring to the roof. They appear like a sink vent but when removed they are vents filled with expanding foam and generally some wires. It wouldn't be unbelieveable for one of those vents to not be sealed well.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
From what I've seen, lots of water sits on the roof when not moving. There are two areas in particular:

1) The roughly square support brackets for the rails are heavily caulked, allowing a significant pool of water to build up on each of them.

2) The rubber "sweeps" from the rails channel water to a few holes that let water out onto the side of the coach or on top of the slideout awnings. If your coach is not perfectly level, significant water will build up and in some areas, it will sit there no matter how level your coach.

This being the case, when it is pouring, the water level will be slightly deeper as it runs to the various places where it is allowed to cascade off the roof. If you have a pin-hole gap in the caulking anywhere along these paths, an interior leak could form.

I have not yet implemented Chuck's Eternabond project, but I've also been thinking about how to re-position the "sweeps" so that water sheds off the roof more evenly. Even if I can do so, the rail support brackets and a few other spots will always hold some water.

BTW, I don't see this as a problem unique to Entegra.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Another thought, unfortunately, is that where you see a leak drip is not necessarily directly underneath the actual hole in the roof. Water can travel in the roof and walls.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:23 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Ok...something's leaking. It's got to be coming directly under the sink in the galley on the passenger side. II keep a big plastic bin at that spot in the basement with our cleaning towels in it. (2013 DEQ) When we experience a REALLY heavy downpour, that plastic bin will fill up with water....absolutely no other evidence of water in the basement.

Lazy Days hasn't been able to duplicate it, so it's never been addressed, but it's happened 3 times now (in 2 years).

Anybody have any ideas?

Pat

Wmpbauer

Pat, if I can help you with anything let me know.

Roy
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #7

Thanks to all....

The location of the water that collects in the tub is in the basement, directly under the kitchen sink. That's why I'm thinking it might be a roof vent that leaks only when there is a deluge. On the underside of the floor, there's a sheet of black sheet metal that covers the end of the Ram for the slide. I took that off and saw no wetness, but some dots of dust, such as you might see when individual drops of dirty water dry. I think that's the exit point. The sheet metal is directly over the basement tub.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
Old 05-24-2015, 05:22 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Pat, that is strange. I just had those metal sheets off when I ran the wires for the slide LED lights. I didn't see anything inside there for water to travel into that area. I moved the slides in and out several time checking for wire travel and anything inside those panels that the wire could get hung up on. I didn't see anything, just solid floor.

That leak is a very strange one indeed. Is there any evidence of water under the sink?

What Robert and others have said about the roofs holding water, I can see that with the Girard mounts acting like dams. If water sits on a roof, it has more time to find a pinhole leak.

The only solution I can think of is to Eternabond the roof. If it still leaks, it's not a seam.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:12 AM   #9

This is from the manuals section on the Entegra app. It could be this pan needs resealing or adjusting. Water collects in the channel under the slide by the slide tubes and drains through weep holes. This pan has a slight tilt to prevent water draining back into cargo bay.
Keith
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1432469479.840827.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	95062
Keith W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:54 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Excellent eye Keith! I saw those pans when working on the slides and wondered what they were for. None of mine are sealed at all, just wedged in there on a curve. I could see that being a water leak in a down pour now that you pointed out what those pans are for.

It was that pan the cut the LED light wires on the vanity slide....I am very familiar with it
Old 05-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #11

That's it, Keith. Thanks I'll have to see what I can do with it....but that is the source of the leak.

Now to find the weep holes!

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
Old 05-24-2015, 02:34 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Pat, if this helps, my pans that Keith linked are inside of the black sheet metal. The instruction Kieth attached says those panels must be sealed. Mine have no sealant at all. They divert the water out of the open area where the slide tracks and wire chase come out. It looks like a bead of silicone is needed.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #13

I also have no silicone....

Weep holes are plugged as well.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
Old 05-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #14

Looks like they (EC-factory) sealed up the weep holes with mastic...which has the texture of Sikaflex. Drilled them out....hopefully that will do the trick. Unfortunately, it's still raining here in Kerrville, so no chance to silicone the diverter pans.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL

Tags
leak