Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2022, 05:13 AM   #15

That is great news, I was not as lucky. Harbor Freight sells a plastic snake for about 9.00 works perfect. Just feed it up from the front of the coach.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2022, 05:41 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Good report, it's not the first time I have heard of construction debris working it's way into one of the drain lines on a new coach. Just a suggestion, next time you are at Harbor Freight they have an air compressor attachment kit that is only a few dollar. Very handy to have on the MH, I use it quite often. I purchased this one with the quicky air hose but have since upgraded the hose when the cheap one split after many years. https://www.harborfreight.com/air-to...0-pc-64599.htm
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 07:27 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Dieselgem, I was going to run a snake down down both front drains. I see you say go up the drain tube and I was thinking you should go down the drain tube. Is there a reason you choose to go up instead of down? I just don't want to screw up anything and create a leak someplace.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:57 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Hal, if using a compressor to blow out the line, be careful on the amount of pressure. These lines have the plastic joint connector where they meet and I have read that too much pressure may cause one to disconnect. Others have put water (and some bleach) in the line from the top and gently use the pressure to clean out the lines.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:59 AM   #19

If you have a Viair 450rv model. I don’t see how it would have enough back pressure to work in blowing out the lines. The only pressure it can build is what is held in the coiled line. A regular compressor with a tank would be better.
I agree with Nathan, use an electric wire chase from top down and bottom up. I would try flushing water down using low pressure.
I never looked but suspect there are two lines joining somewhere then exiting into one. Hopefully, the connecting point is accessible.
bevandtomH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #20

On my Classic, there are two lines, the front one is the kitchen unit. The back line is the front unit. If you use a plastic snake and someone is on the roof you can see it come up to the pump. I usually just feed it up myself and if clogged water will come out. Some times I put a cup of water into the drain area with the compressor running. If clear the water will pump right out the hose.
Everyone has a little different way to get them open. I found this a sure way. The line for the rear unit on mine is in the far rear on the passenger side.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:16 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
I quick check to ensure you drain lines are not blocked is to use a turkey baster to squirt the bleach in. Then check for the bleach at the low point drain.

My real guess is your inside ac filters are dirty causing slow airflow which causes your unit to freeze up.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:50 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I finally got a chance to dig into my middle air conditioner drain issue today.

I removed the air conditioner cover. Then the second cover that is about 1/2 the size of the outer cover.

The drain is not gravity fed. The air conditioner has a little pump. My pump seems to be working. A little tube connects from the pump to an elbow that connects to the main tube that runs all the way down to the front drivers side of the coach.

I do have two separate lines that run down to the front drivers side. One from the front air and one from the middle. If the middle air conditioner drain line runs through another elbow somewhere in the roof then I cant see it.

I tried cleaning the main line out with a heavy duty weed trimmer plastic cord. I don’t have a snake small enough and long enough so I used what I had. You know the neon plastic that you put on a weed trimmer reel. I was able to get about 10 feet into the hose. I could not go any further. I was then able to blow air from my lungs through the hose after doing the clean out. Then I used my ViA compressor and blew the line out. I did it several times.

I definitely had air going through the line. My wife could hear it by the front passenger side of the coach.

I put it all back together and so far so good. But I am not sure I fixed the issue yet.

It looks like the design of the little holding area below the copper pipe that drips condensation is designed to drain out into the main air conditioner pan if the pump fails. It has what I think is an overflow hole. Like a sink does. And the main air conditioner pan is designed to drain out onto the roof of the motorhome if water gets in it. So I do not know why I would get condensation water draining down my kitchen return vent.

But I have had that happen twice now. I am running the unit with the fan on high to make sure that is not an issue. Hopefully this is fixed. If not well at least I am figuring out how things work and I am getting good at using my little giant ladder to safely get on the roof.

I put rubber pads on the little giant ladder where it connects to the coach. I put the ladder on the drivers side behind the bedroom slide out. Kind of in the area between the bedroom and bathroom.

What I hope to see is a good flow of dripping water from the drain line area tomorrow when running just the middle air conditioner and not the front one. And of course I want no more water dripping on the inside from the return vent.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:01 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the follow-up.

I think it was Chuck that suggested a nylon fish tape (can be gotten at Harbor Freight) that I've used to run up the AC tube from the front of the coach. I think I bought 50 feet and used a lot more than 10 feet to get to the middle AC unit. My wife stood under the middle AC and could eventually hear the fish tape when I reached the AC unit. I wanna say I used 20 feet or more of fish line to reach the AC unit. With that being said, I have an Aspire, versus a Cornerstone. Not sure if that makes a difference. Just sharing my experience and great job using the weed wacker nylon string as an alternative.

Each time I've had to use the fish tape, it has solved my problem. I usually do this after my coach sits in storage during the winter months.

Cheers!
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:55 AM   #24

You can go to the front unit at the exact same time remove that line also. Place a small thin piece of ribbon taped into drain tube watch a eye on it as you blow air down center ac drain. You will then know beyond guess if there is a t in those lines.
Old 08-14-2022, 03:29 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
If you have any condensate dripping off the roof on the front passenger side, I'm assuming that means a drain must be plugged somewhere?
Old 08-14-2022, 07:07 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglee25 View Post
If you have any condensate dripping off the roof on the front passenger side, I'm assuming that means a drain must be plugged somewhere?

I thought as you, but when my middle and rear ACs were plugged, water found other paths. I found puddles of water between my drive and tag axle, or under my front axle. I thought that was odd.

Cheers
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:10 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
I thought as you, but when my middle and rear ACs were plugged, water found other paths. I found puddles of water between my drive and tag axle, or under my front axle. I thought that was odd.

Cheers
Thanks.

Tags
leak