Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2022, 01:43 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Leak from HVAC return in Kitchen

I am still having about 1 or 2 problems per trip with this coach. I made it from Grand Rapids to Indianapolis without any new issues but when I moved the coach this morning from Indianapolis to Louisville I had about 3 or 4 cups of water poor down onto the stove top cover from the kitchen air conditioner return duct.

Just the passenger side kitchen return duct leaked. It has never leaked before.

It had not rained in a couple of days. It was not leaking at all until I took the coach to ride height and drove a little ways to hook up my tow vehicle.

I think the HVAC had been working fine. I am going to test the temperature difference I am getting from each HVAC unit.

My thought is the drain line on the middle unit might be clogged. I was reading some threads on IRV2 on how to test that. For now I am going to run just front and rear HVAC unit for a day and then un level the coach to see if I get any water anywhere. Then I will try running the middle unit and doing the same thing.

If I get any water I will go onto the roof and try to test the drain line. Or see if I see water backing up. I also read to check if the defrost probe is plugged in properly. If I can find it I will check that as well.

It was not that hot or humid in Indy but the middle HVAC was running much of the night. The temperature has been 80ís with lows in the low 70ís.

Am I on the right track. Any other ideas from anyone who has had a similar issue?
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

That air conditioner could be freezing up. And when you moved it thawed and dumped the excess water into the ducts. The condensation pump could also have an issue. There is a small hose it. It could have come loose. I would check to see if you have condensation from the hose under the coach. Were all the units cooling well?
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:06 PM   #3

The freeze temp probe is stuck into the coils facing forward canít miss it
Itís not expensive compared to other things in there
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 02:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
I am still having about 1 or 2 problems per trip with this coach. I made it from Grand Rapids to Indianapolis without any new issues but when I moved the coach this morning from Indianapolis to Louisville I had about 3 or 4 cups of water poor down onto the stove top cover from the kitchen air conditioner return duct.

Just the passenger side kitchen return duct leaked. It has never leaked before.

It had not rained in a couple of days. It was not leaking at all until I took the coach to ride height and drove a little ways to hook up my tow vehicle.

I think the HVAC had been working fine. I am going to test the temperature difference I am getting from each HVAC unit.

My thought is the drain line on the middle unit might be clogged. I was reading some threads on IRV2 on how to test that. For now I am going to run just front and rear HVAC unit for a day and then un level the coach to see if I get any water anywhere. Then I will try running the middle unit and doing the same thing.

If I get any water I will go onto the roof and try to test the drain line. Or see if I see water backing up. I also read to check if the defrost probe is plugged in properly. If I can find it I will check that as well.

It was not that hot or humid in Indy but the middle HVAC was running much of the night. The temperature has been 80’s with lows in the low 70’s.

Am I on the right track. Any other ideas from anyone who has had a similar issue?
Hello sir and sorry for your issues. What Bobby said about the evaporator freezing up could be the culprit. When was the last time you changed or cleaned you air filter for this unit. You could also remove the filter and look at the a/c evaporator while it's running to see if it's either clogged with dirt or freezing up. Good luck and let us know what you find
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 03:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
All three units seem to be cooling ok. My filters in the return vents all look fairly clean. I will clean them all to be sure.

This morning I stopped the air conditioner. Then unplugged the coach. Did a walk around and was moving in a couple of minutes. As soon as I moved I heard water start to dump down onto the counter.

Tomorrow I will try to reproduce and find the issue. It definitely leaked a good bit.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:48 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
All three units seem to be cooling ok. My filters in the return vents all look fairly clean. I will clean them all to be sure.

This morning I stopped the air conditioner. Then unplugged the coach. Did a walk around and was moving in a couple of minutes. As soon as I moved I heard water start to dump down onto the counter.

Tomorrow I will try to reproduce and find the issue. It definitely leaked a good bit.
Going to venture to guess your drain line is plugged off........When running it see if water is dripping out, Believe it drains in front of drivers side tire.......
Old 07-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #7

I vote for a bad condensate pump. The drain lines are easy enough to open. I use a harbor freight plastic snake. Just went through this with my front air conditioner.
Dieselgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:04 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Also check to make sure the unit is properly secured and bolted down to the roof. Last time I had water intrusion through the return vent, found that the tech who replaced the unit never secured the unit to the coach. It shifted during transit, and next rain storm, viola'! Water in the return ducting!

I have seen this occur on factory fresh units as well.
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 02:26 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It rained yesterday morning so I did not get a chance to get on the roof and check this out. Then we were gone all day doing fun stuff. So far today I have been doing that thing called “Work”.

I did notice this morning that we had some dripping onto the floor last night from the vent. It was not rain because it did not rain all night. I left the middle HVAC unit on last night doing most of the work in the coach. And it was humid out. The unit was still cooling this morning but the vent had some real leaking. I did not even have to move the coach to see the problem.

I shut that unit down for now and I am just running front and rear. I think the middle unit is either freezing up or not draining. Just my new coach keeping me busy and helping me learn….
Old 08-01-2022, 02:37 PM   #10

Check your hold down bolts as they may be loose. I had water coming from the ceiling in my coach. Checked all the stuff mentioned. Someone suggested checking the hold down bolts. Got on the roof and removed the air conditioner cover on front air conditioner. All four hold down bolts were extremely loose. Tightened them down then checked the other two air conditioners. All four bolts on the other two air conditioners were also extremely loose. This was less than two years into ownership of a bought new coach. No leaks in over two years since tightening the bolts.
ThunderRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 03:47 PM   #11

good luck

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/air-...ak-564714.html
Old 08-04-2022, 07:11 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I finally got a chance to check out my air conditioner. Entegra told me the middle and front air should drain from the front drivers side. The rear air should drain from the rear passengers side. So I tested and my front and rear air units are draining properly. It was good and humid out today in Kentucky so it was easy to test. My middle unit is cooling but not draining.

So I got out my little giant ladder and went up to the roof. 4 Phillips head screws hold the air conditioner cover.

I found and disconnected the drain line coming out of the unit. It started pumping out water almost as soon as I turned the unit on.

I tried blowing on the line that should drain. It seemed clogged. Entegra told me they believe that middle unit drain line connects to the front unit drain line. I have not verified that. It was good and hot out. So I closed the unit up and climbed off the roof.

I am going to either try blowing the line out with something, or using a small snake to unclog the line, or I might be lazy and try calling Entegra and asking for a mobile repair. Worst case I could just get this fixed when I go to Entegra in November.

Overall just one more minor problem. I certainly am having way more issues with this coach than the last one. I am trying to stay positive. It is an opportunity to learn a few things and my problems have mostly not been impacting my fun.

It did not take long on the roof to want a good cold beer today.

Any recommendations or experience with unclogging this line? Other ideas?
Old 08-04-2022, 07:31 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
You could use air from your on board air fitting in the basement to try and blow out the line. You should probably confirm if there is one or two drain lines exiting in the front corner. On my 16 I’m pretty sure there were two separate lines. If there is only one line it may be prudent to disconnect the front so that you do not blow too much air to that pump.
Old 08-04-2022, 07:51 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
You could use air from your on board air fitting in the basement to try and blow out the line. You should probably confirm if there is one or two drain lines exiting in the front corner. On my 16 Iím pretty sure there were two separate lines. If there is only one line it may be prudent to disconnect the front so that you do not blow too much air to that pump.
I will crawl under and see if I have two drip lines or one on the front corner.

I have a VIair compressor I can try. I need to get an adapter / trigger that will let me insert air into the drain line. I have that at home of course. I will give it a try.

Tags
leak