Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #1

Leak in '11 Insignia--Help

We have had our '11 Insignia at the service center for a total of 4 weeks for an entry door leak that they cannot seem to find. During rain, the first step gets wet. On a recent occasion there was water on the dash near the entrance. They have been in contact with the factory, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any Input!
Beth
racryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mine's at Entegra right now for the same thing (among others). Was told by Don they had it fixed, BUT the door still had an air leak that they were working on.... that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I'll pm you about a few other things for your info.
I noticed massive water coming in after a heavy rain after I moved the coach a couple of times then opened the door. I think the water was trapped on the door awning cover and some how the automatic door lock mechanism comes into play or wasn't working.
mccsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racryf View Post
On a recent occasion there was water on the dash near the entrance. They have been in contact with the factory, but no luck. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any Input!
Beth
Don's fix for this and any windshield leak is to use a tube of silicone all around and even over the clearance lights. I call B.S.

GOOD LUCK!
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #4

Had mine at MHS for the same thing. Tube of silicone didn't help and looks like my 11 year old did it.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #5

I have the same problem with a wet lower step in my 2012 Aspire. Don is to give advice to our local repair facility when I take it in. Cross my fingers.
lowpasslew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #6

Oh Boy....

well, I hope Entegra figures out what the problem is & fast! I will post if my service center finds the culprit!
Regards,
Beth
Old 01-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I sounds like a LOT of people have this problem. Is there anybody out there who is NOT experienceing this?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I sounds like a LOT of people have this problem. Is there anybody out there who is NOT experienceing this?
I think that Entergra has ALOT more problems than people are wanting to talk about! Just not sure why.

But get ready ENTEGRA!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #9

I have had two Entegra coaches now and neither has had the problem that is described above. Bullheaded, guess I do not understand why you would make that statement but I suspect that you could make that general statement about any group of owners of any certain brand. Everyone wants to think they made a good decision and that they have fewer problems than any other brand, human nature. All just my opinion.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I have had two Entegra coaches now and neither has had the problem that is described above. Bullheaded, guess I do not understand why you would make that statement but I suspect that you could make that general statement about any group of owners of any certain brand. Everyone wants to think they made a good decision and that they have fewer problems than any other brand, human nature. All just my opinion.
Really??? Last trip to the factory with over 65 write ups (I just counted them) they fixed most and did a lot of cosmetic damage while there. Warranty was out in Dec 2012 but Don was going to have a tech here in South Florida after the Tampa show to access the issues. We will see. Dents in both fridge doors (fridge removed but not sure why), windows that were fogged but no parts(list sent weeks ahead) the list goes on.....
Old 01-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #11

BTW...how does this look for a professional way to fix a fridge door from opening?????

Answer please!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge door latch 11-25-12.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	32175  
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullheaded View Post
BTW...how does this look for a professional way to fix a fridge door from opening?????

Answer please!
That is not the locking mechanism installed on our door. Ours is a completely different locking mechanism located between the door handles and works incredibly well.

We've had our Anthem one year; have 22k miles on it and have taken it in for normal new coach issues now and then. The most challenging issue we faced was an air leak from a faulty hose leading into our DEF tank. Entegra/Spartan were on it immediately and solved it in no time.

Regarding them doing addt'l damage. That's shocking to me and is very atypical of my experience w/ Entegra. Upon receiving ours back from factory work they had resolved more issues than we were aware of and I consider myself a very detail oriented individual.

I hate that you are having a very different experience than we are but IMO they've gone above and beyond when we've had issues needing resolution. Again, that sounds like it's just rubbing salt into your wound which isn't the intent.

To be candid, we've treated them with the utmost respect and they've returned the favor. We're happy w/ the Entegra people and the coach.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
We are not experiencing that issue.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #14

explanation of our leak

Going to pick up our coach from the service center. Spoke with the head of service & he stated that the leak into the coach onto the first entry step was from a point on the door frame. The leak onto the dash seemed to be caused by one of the running lights above the windshield. They sealed around all lights, not sure what the fix was for the entry door. When I speak face to face and get more specifics I will post.
I must add that we love our coach. We traded from a class C that had numerous problems, so I always expect issues to arise. I always remember something I read here long ago---these are like homes on wheels & things move and get jostled, it's the "nature of the beast" unfortunately!
Entegra has always been great to me with any questions & concerns.
Best,
Beth

Tags
leak