Originally Posted by rvguy02
This trip on our coach has revealed an issue with our house batteries. Two of the four units have been leaking/forming large amounts of crystals near the fluid ports. Sorry to seem so "newbie" here but any ideas what might have caused this and what we should do. I'm checking fluid levels in the batteries shortly.
When a cell goes bad, the charger will keep cranking away trying to get the voltage up, which will boil the 'good' cells. With crystals around the ports, you've probably lost a considerable amount of water already. Fill the batteries, charge them for a while, let them sit and then check each cell with a battery hydrometer to find the weak one.