Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2022, 11:07 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Chuck, I used to think of the depreciating value of RVís as being the price paid less 15% in year one and then 10% thereafter on the declining balance. With the inflation being so crazy on new units, that formula is totally scrapped. What did you pay when you bought new and can you sell it for that today? Those are the 2022 questions for a motorhome seller. Of course, that assumes that you donít want to replace it because if you replace it you will be going very, very deep into your savings and debt structure.

Ed, I had ordered my 21 before the 21 order sheets were out. Ordered on a 20 order sheet and pretty much 20 prices. I was also 3 months before the pandemic shut down and did not have the parts shortages and increases to deal with. A 21 like mine on RV Trade is $100,000 more than what I ordered mine for.

In the same situation with my 2016 Colorado Toad, my dealer offered me what I paid for it. But to replace it with a 22, it was window plus $5,000 "hard to get" markup. Needless to say with only 24,000 miles on mine I passed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 02:53 PM   #30

Congrats on the new debt, we too sold ( my dream) 42' 5 th wheel Montana and bought a new 33' FR3. Currently customizing it to our needs.it should be nice being able to actually get a campsite to fit in! Adfong cabinets and pull out pantries as well as medicine cabinet, aero shower, towel rods, in shower clothes line, cost hangers, etc. Everything the people who bought our old RV already got built in! That's how it goes, right? Enjoy👍
Hitdrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:17 PM   #31

I would hold out on buying any of those overpriced units. If the economy tanks rv sales will be like in 2008. Prices will drop. Some mfrs. will be gone. I am not familiar with Entegra pricing but Newmar has always overpriced their units
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Well just reading in on this thread everyone here has way deeper pockets than me. Our 03 HR will keep rolling down the road. Itís our first and only RV bought used just to try out the RV life. We enjoy the full time RV,ing but prefer to stay debt free.
TravelingDodsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:58 PM   #33

Sounds like a *WIN WIN*
BOSTONBERNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:39 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
I would hold out on buying any of those overpriced units. If the economy tanks rv sales will be like in 2008. Prices will drop. Some mfrs. will be gone. I am not familiar with Entegra pricing but Newmar has always overpriced their units

You do however reach an age where waiting only means your kids buy all the overpriced stuff and you at the last moment realize you should have! Is that too dark?
Enjoy the new coach but maybe explore close to home! You need to spread the $600.00 fill ups out a bit!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:31 PM   #35

I have a 2019 Newmar London Aire and like all the features. They all work well and Newmar service has been wonderful as to replying to any problems. Iíve been able to fix everything myself with there help on the service call. Newmar keep up the good work.
Gary More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:30 PM   #36

OK, Hitdrd, what are Adfong cabinets? Google is not helping me here. On the first page of results are such gems as "Cyclopenta[b]benzofuran and Secodammarane Derivatives from the Stems of Aglaia stellatopilosa".

dg
Old 05-16-2022, 05:10 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
OK, Hitdrd, what are Adfong cabinets? Google is not helping me here. On the first page of results are such gems as "Cyclopenta[b]benzofuran and Secodammarane Derivatives from the Stems of Aglaia stellatopilosa".

dg
I saw that too, Adfong looked Chinese to me, so I took them as Chinese cabinets. Many assemble yourself cabinets are made in China. Best guess I could come up with.
Old 05-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #38

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by moisheh View Post
To quote Newmar's sales moto, "When you know the difference". When you closely look at the materials and quality of the build, you see why they cost so much. However, I have been holding out for over a year because I honestly believe the price bubble is going to burst.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
To quote Newmar's sales moto, "When you know the difference". When you closely look at the materials and quality of the build, you see why they cost so much. However, I have been holding out for over a year because I honestly believe the price bubble is going to burst.
JMO, but how much is that year of life worth not enjoying something you could have been enjoying? My best friend of 30+ years passed away last night. I would have paid dearly to have enjoyed another year with him.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:58 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JMO, but how much is that year of life worth not enjoying something you could have been enjoying? My best friend of 30+ years passed away last night. I would have paid dearly to have enjoyed another year with him.
Chuck, I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but you do make an excellent point. Thank you for the reminder.
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Hey Chuck, sorry to hear about your friend. We are currently in THE spot where you picked up your 2019!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:58 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Hey Chuck, sorry to hear about your friend. We are currently in THE spot where you picked up your 2019!
Thank both of you for the kind words. One thing about Jerry, may he RIP, he enjoyed life to the fullest. Nice waterfront home, nice offshore fishing boats, and enjoyed life at every opportunity. In the end he downsized not to burden his wife, but he "didn't wait" for any markets to change to enjoy his lifestyle.
That was fun the week we picked up our 19's. Thanks for taking care of my spot for me.

Tags
entegra